Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:10:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Stanley Cup Finals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Stanley Cup Finals  (Read 3325 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: June 28, 2021, 09:41:08 am »

My Lightning are looking to repeat as champs vs the surprising Montreal Canadians.  I would have bet money it would have been the Avs, but they were upset by the Knights, who in turn were upset by Montreal.  The Lightning on the other hand have looked like another team since getting Nikita Kucherov back for the playoffs vs the regular season.

Let's go Bolts!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2021, 10:16:59 am »

Let's go Rangers South!

I don't like Tampa but I am just rooting for America here and against the stupid Canadiens who have 10,000 people outside watching the game but not allowed to have anyone inside the building.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2021, 10:53:52 pm »

Tampa took game 1 with ease.   It wouldn't surprise me if they sweep this series.   They are simply on a different level right now.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 07:07:33 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2021, 07:26:41 am »

Kucherov was a beast, and Vasilevsky was a stud.  What a dominant 5-1 victory!  The Lightning have not lost back to back playoff games since 2019, I don't see that trend stopping now.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2021, 07:54:07 am »

Tampa up 2-0 in the series!  Wooo time for a repeat!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2021, 07:17:05 am »

One more game and the Lightning repeat as Stanley Cup Champs.  Montreal didn't have much of a home ice advantage seeing as only 3500 fans were allowed into the game and there were more than 10k outside the arena
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2021, 03:56:29 pm »

So turns out Tampa's mayor suggested the Lightning lay down in game 4 so they could win it at home.   Not sure what to make of this.  On one hand, they want to win it as soon as they can, but on the other hand, they would have another game in Tampa and can win it on their home ice.   Plus the extra revenue from ticket/concession sales would come in handy
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2021, 04:39:13 pm »

So turns out Tampa's mayor suggested the Lightning lay down in game 4 so they could win it at home.   Not sure what to make of this.  On one hand, they want to win it as soon as they can, but on the other hand, they would have another game in Tampa and can win it on their home ice.   Plus the extra revenue from ticket/concession sales would come in handy

As a player, you never purposely lose in a championship series or any other game. As a fan, I can understand rooting for it slightly in a 3-0 situation but the Mayor shouldn't be saying those things.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2021, 05:05:02 pm »

So turns out Tampa's mayor suggested the Lightning lay down in game 4 so they could win it at home.
This kind of thing will make a LOT of people root for MTL to win in 7.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2021, 10:19:33 pm »

Jane Castor is a fucking idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2021, 09:47:37 am »

Jane Castor is a fucking idiot

Can't say that I blame you, Tenshot.  In the unlikely event that the Habs come back and win this series, it could cost her the next election.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2021, 09:51:08 am »

It doesn't sound like she is a fan of watching sports.  That's asking for trouble.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2021, 10:26:30 am »

Tampa gets the home game after all...

But yeah, what a stupid thing for a mayor to say.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2021, 11:54:34 am »

Tampa gets the home game after all...

But yeah, what a stupid thing for a mayor to say.

3-0 deficits are very hard to come back from but they are the "easiest" in hockey. I remember the Kings doing it like 7 or 8 years ago and winning the Stanley Cup. So, not wise to tempt fate.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2021, 10:49:36 pm »

Congrats Tenshot.  The Lightning strikes again.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray