Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 12:05:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Covid in Florida
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print
Author Topic: Covid in Florida  (Read 17853 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #240 on: September 01, 2021, 11:21:14 pm »

It was Obama who created this entitlement and welfare state through his policies.  I wonder, during the Bush administration, where there any headlines that read "FAMIY DROPS DEAD FROM STARVATION" popping up across the country?  I didn't see any.  I think Spider's starving thing is an exaggeration.  First off people, with families and children can work and find jobs and earn money.  Second, there are food pantries and soup kitchens where people can go if they truly need assistance with food.     Now permit me to expand my metaphor..  If a person is having trouble finding work, but genuinely trying, or if a singe mother works thirty or so hours a week, but still cannot support her children, I don't have any problem with giving those people some assistance.  Similar to how Spider probably wouldn't have a problem with giving a hospital bed to somebody who followed the protocols, but caught COVID.   However, if a family is receiving benefits and chooses to keep having offspring and forcing the taxpayers to keep paying for them, or if somebody receiving ssi can work and not receive it but chooses not to work because they'd rather receive the benefits, or if a woman who was born into benefits decides to have a child and because of that they get more assistance, THAT I am going to have a problem with, similar how Spider has a problem with people who don't obey protocols getting hospital beds.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #241 on: September 02, 2021, 01:57:23 am »

This proves that I am correct when I say many people on disability are cheating the system (link)      
The link you provided describes fraud and other illegal abuses of the system.
So let's clarify, here: which of the following groups are you talking about?

a) criminals who are committing fraud to receive benefits that they are not legally eligible for
or
b) people lawfully applying for and receiving benefits that they are legally eligible for, but that you believe are too generous

If you're talking about A, I would guess everyone on this forum agrees that they should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
If you're talking about B, the link you provided is completely irrelevant.

However, if a family is receiving benefits and chooses to keep having offspring and forcing the taxpayers to keep paying for them, or if somebody receiving ssi can work and not receive it but chooses not to work because they'd rather receive the benefits, or if a woman who was born into benefits decides to have a child and because of that they get more assistance, THAT I am going to have a problem with, similar how Spider has a problem with people who don't obey protocols getting hospital beds.
So you have a problem with poor families receiving assistance if they aren't trying hard enough.
Do you have a problem with unvaccinated people filling up ICU beds, as they are right now?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 02:07:48 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #242 on: September 02, 2021, 02:14:36 am »

You bet I have a problem with unvaccinated people overloading our system.  I was merely pointing out the similarities in the 2 situations.  We sort of got sidetracked by that.   What do you mean by not trying hard enough in the other scenario?  Edit do you have a problem with giving a hospital bed to somebody who is vaccinated and abided by the CDC recommendations.   
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 02:18:46 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #243 on: September 02, 2021, 02:17:37 am »

The link you provided describes fraud and other illegal abuses of the system.
So let's clarify, here: which of the following groups are you talking about?

a) criminals who are committing fraud to receive benefits that they are not legally eligible for
or
b) people lawfully applying for and receiving benefits that they are legally eligible for, but that you believe are too generous

If you're talking about A, I would guess everyone on this forum agrees that they should be arrested and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
If you're talking about B, the link you provided is completely irrelevant.
So you have a problem with poor families receiving assistance if they aren't trying hard enough.
Do you have a problem with unvaccinated people filling up ICU beds, as they are right now?

On a side note, if I was able to be on social security from birth, can you imagine what a dream life that is.  I'd go in school in the first grade and brag to everybody.   
« Last Edit: September 02, 2021, 02:20:16 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #244 on: September 02, 2021, 11:23:27 am »

Just for the record: I do not agree that those that denied the vaccine should be denied medical care.  That's cruel, IMO.  It's also not about teaching people a lesson.  I want to encourage the vaccine for the betterment of all us...not so I can be right.  I think there's an element of "I told you so" that I'm trying to stay away from.

As for social security from birth, that's something progressives are pushing for.  You would have govt. payouts as a minor, then pay into it during your working years, then get payouts when you're old.  ...fighting child poverty, leveling the playing field for kids in poor areas, etc, so they have a fair shot to be productive in society, etc.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #245 on: September 02, 2021, 07:00:41 pm »

Just for the record: I do not agree that those that denied the vaccine should be denied medical care.  That's cruel, IMO.  It's also not about teaching people a lesson.  I want to encourage the vaccine for the betterment of all us...not so I can be right.  I think there's an element of "I told you so" that I'm trying to stay away from.
These are fully grown adults making adult decisions? If someone would rather die than get the vaccine, there is no "I told you so". They already knew the risks. And the bigger issue is that it's nobody's business.

As for social security from birth, that's something progressives are pushing for.  You would have govt. payouts as a minor, then pay into it during your working years, then get payouts when you're old.  ...fighting child poverty, leveling the playing field for kids in poor areas, etc, so they have a fair shot to be productive in society, etc.
Wouldn't the deadbeat parents find a way to get their hands on the payouts. Children aren't competent with money. Please explain this further, sounds like a bad idea.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #246 on: September 12, 2021, 01:50:41 pm »

The point is that the left is labeling the right as "anti-vaxxers". When in reality, Blacks and Hispanics are overwhelmingly majority democrat, but yet have lower vaccination percentage rates compared to whites. Therefore, logic would dictate that Democrats are the real anti-vaxxers.
Good news, everyone!  This totally genuine and sincere concern has been resolved:

So who's been vaccinated in the United States? And who hasn't?

Well, our most recent NBC News poll sheds some light on those question, with the survey finding that 69 percent of all adults say they've already been vaccinated, versus 13 percent saying they won't get vaccinated under any circumstance.

And here are the American adults who say they've already been vaccinated - broken down by demographic group:

All adults: 69 percent
Men: 67 percent
Women: 71 percent
18-34: 63 percent
35-49: 58 percent
50-64: 71 percent
65+: 86 percent
Whites: 66 percent
Blacks: 76 percent
Latinos: 71 percent

Urban residents: 79 percent
Suburban residents: 67 percent
Rural residents: 52 percent
White evangelicals: 59 percent
Democrats: 88 percent
Independents: 60 percent
Republicans: 55 percent
Republicans who support Trump more than party: 46 percent
Republicans who support party more than Trump: 62 percent
Democratic Sanders-Warren voters: 88 percent
Democratic Biden voters: 87 percent
Biden voters in 2020 general election: 91 percent
Trump voters in 2020 general election: 50 percent
White non-college grads: 60 percent
White college grads: 80 percent

---

So those who were simulating Great Concern about the hordes of unvaccinated minorities in this country can now turn that concern towards white people, right?  I mean, if you're going to insist that vaccine hesitancy is a racial issue and not a political ideology issue, you should keep that same energy when white Americans are the least vaccinated.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray