Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:57:33 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Survivors who get reinfected less likely to become unwell or spread the virus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Survivors who get reinfected less likely to become unwell or spread the virus  (Read 1882 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: July 28, 2021, 02:58:58 pm »

According to study of 20,000 people in England people who have had Covid look to be pretty safe. This comes out in buts and pieces here in the US but you have to look really hard. I read a couple of weeks ago that hospitalizations were pretty much people who never had covid and hadn't received the shot but it never got  lot of press. I wonder why our government elects to leave that out when pushing vaccines?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9834687/Proof-Covid-turning-mild-illness-Survivors-reinfected-lower-viral-loads.html

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2021, 03:09:04 pm »

Who is less likely to become unwell or spread the virus:

a) people who have survived COVID
b) people who have been vaccinated against COVID

This is shooting-fish-in-a-barrel stuff, man.  Do better.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2021, 03:16:01 pm »

According to the Dr who developed the technology behind the mRNA shot they are using has said the people who have had Covid.

"Dr Malone asks why health leaders seem to be so afraid of sharing the adverse event data. He says, "Why is it necessary to suppress discussion and full disclosure of information concerning mRNA reactogenicity and safety risks?"

« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 03:30:23 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2021, 03:31:33 pm »

Great podcast interview with Dr Malone about the vaccine. He's all about vaccines but is suspect with this one.

https://youtu.be/9E2UkhCWosg

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2021, 03:40:33 pm »

According to the Dr who developed the technology behind the mRNA shot they are using has said the people who have had Covid.
Source, please.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2021, 06:58:17 pm »

Yeah so what?  This was long suspected and the very basis on which vaccines are built.

With many infectious diseases if you catch the disease the first time and get better you now have an immunity that reduces the likelihood you will get sick a second time and if you get sick a second time it will likely be less severe.  This is the whole premise of natural herd immunity. 

The problem with this method of getting immunity is that you risk dying in the process or getting any of the other long term issues that come with having Covid.

The advantage of the vax is you get the immunity without the risk of dying, being on a ventilator, long term covid side effects and you don’t risk spreading the disease to others.

It is possible to get sick a second time.  It is also possible to get covid after getting the vax. 

The data I have seen suggests that the vax offers better protection than recovering from Covid. 

But it is certainly the case that both recovery and the vax offers some but imperfect protection from a future infection. The vax likely offers better protection than recovery and a prudent individual that has had covid will get the vaccinated.  But it is also true that someone who has recovered from covid has some immunity from the disease.  In a situation with limited vaccines doses the greatest good would be served by having the recovered be last in line for the vax as they *might* not need the vax to be protected. 

People who have recovered should get the vax, but it is less important for them, than getting everyone who neither have been infected nor have the vax to get the vax.

Taking an attitude that because covid offers immunity you shouldn’t bother with the vax and just wait until you catch the real thing and recover is literally playing russian roulette, as unlike with the vax there is real risk of dying in the process.

The idea that recovery offers some immunity is not hidden or taboo, it is the very foundation of why vaccines work.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2021, 11:24:55 pm »

People who have survived COVID because their bodies have a natural defense system now as opposed to some man made unproven junk.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2021, 09:08:18 am »

People who have survived COVID because their bodies have a natural defense system now as opposed to some man made unproven junk.

Data says otherwise.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2021, 10:57:48 am »

This headline seems like info that is expected.  Doesn't having had a virus generally allow you to build up some natural resistance?  This is good, but kinda obvious information.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2021, 12:14:46 pm »

or c) people have have survived COVID AND been vaccinated?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2021, 12:55:11 pm »

I wonder if that's true, actually.

I don't know.

It could be that getting the virus gives you 60% protection and the vaccine bumps you up to 80%, but that the vaccine alone also gives you 80%.

Or maybe the virus gives you 60% protection and the vaccine bumps you up to 90% but the vaccine alone only gives you 80%

That would be an interesting thing to find out.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2021, 01:42:28 pm »

I saw a study recently that didn't show any significant difference between the two. In fact those two categories and vaccinated people were all pretty similar. It's the unvaccinated who have never had Covid that are the most vulnerable but you won't hear that from our government. It's just "unvaccinated" people and trying to force everyone to get vaccinated. It won't be long until you can't shop in public without a vaccinated card.

I realize this is political to say this but if they were really worried about spreading Covid they would be closing our borders pronto. As it is they are almost assisting illegals to enter.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2021, 01:46:04 pm »

I wonder if that's true, actually.

I don't know.

It could be that getting the virus gives you 60% protection and the vaccine bumps you up to 80%, but that the vaccine alone also gives you 80%.

Or maybe the virus gives you 60% protection and the vaccine bumps you up to 90% but the vaccine alone only gives you 80%

That would be an interesting thing to find out.
according to Dr Malone who developed the technology behind the mRNA shot having it would actually make you more resistant as the shot is a much smaller dose. That's why he said people who have had it should not have to take the vaccine.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2021, 01:58:38 pm »

Data says otherwise.

OK, so who has less of a chance of contracting measles again?   Someone who had the measles vaccine or someone who contracted measles and recovered?   

Now, whose immune system is stronger?
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2021, 12:53:41 am »

I saw a study recently that didn't show any significant difference between the two.
Which study?

according to Dr Malone who developed the technology behind the mRNA shot having it would actually make you more resistant as the shot is a much smaller dose. That's why he said people who have had it should not have to take the vaccine.
Where's the source?  What's the data?

I know on social media, anti-vaxxers just like to say "I heard vaccines don't actually even make a difference" all day long, but in the real world, you need something better than "I heard a doctor say..."

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray