Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:40:39 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Survivors who get reinfected less likely to become unwell or spread the virus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Survivors who get reinfected less likely to become unwell or spread the virus  (Read 1931 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2021, 01:06:14 am »

OK, so who has less of a chance of contracting measles again?   Someone who had the measles vaccine or someone who contracted measles and recovered?  

Now, whose immune system is stronger?
Those sound like the kind of questions we would ask an expert to answer.

But we can't ask expert! Because any qualified expert (say, an epidemiologist) who might be able to tell us which is more effective will ALSO say that everyone who can get vaccinated definitely should because vaccination is the most effective way to stop the spread of a contagious disease, and you don't want to listen to that!

I'm not going to play this game of "We listen to doctors and scientists when they say stuff that I like, but we ignore them when they don't."

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2021, 07:51:40 am »

Those sound like the kind of questions we would ask an expert to answer.

But we can't ask expert! Because any qualified expert (say, an epidemiologist) who might be able to tell us which is more effective will ALSO say that everyone who can get vaccinated definitely should because vaccination is the most effective way to stop the spread of a contagious disease, and you don't want to listen to that!

I'm not going to play this game of "We listen to doctors and scientists when they say stuff that I like, but we ignore them when they don't."

I will not listen because this new vaccine has been rushed to the market and there are all kinds of issues with it.  I know people who have gotten COVID after they have been vaccinated.  I also know someone who suffered a mild heart attack after being vaccinated.   No one I know has died from this but a few ended up in the hospital.

Vaccines normally take years to research and develop.  I definitely don't trust this vaccine nor what the liberal news says about it.  And you being purposefully obtuse in your posts is extremely irritating.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2021, 09:40:15 am »

It is ironic. 

Trump had one accomplishment in four years. 

He didn’t build his wall.  He didn’t improve them trade imbalance.  He did pass any major legislation.  He did improve our standing in the world.  He didn’t sign any significant treaties.The economy and jobs nosed dived during his administration.  He didn’t get re-elected.  His administration ended with a failed coup attempt. A disgraceful four years of hundreds of failures and one success.  One thing that actually was successful.  One thing went better than most expected.  One thing and only one thing….. warp speed.

And now his most ardent supporters are doing everything thing they can to undermine his one accomplishment. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2021, 11:20:03 am »

I know people who have gotten COVID after they have been vaccinated.

You say this like it's a thing. 

Lots of people will get COVID after they've been vaccinated.  A vaccine doesn't eliminate your ability to get COVID.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2021, 12:44:37 pm »

I will not listen because this new vaccine has been rushed to the market and there are all kinds of issues with it.
The experts say you're wrong.  They say that these vaccines are some of the most impressive accomplishments in human history, and that it is a triumph of medical science that, AS A CIVILIZATION, we were able to respond to this urgent global threat with such speed.

But you don't believe any of that, because it goes against your political priors as an American conservative.  So you have to believe that this time, it's not just the corrupt Democrats... it's actually the entire globe conspiring to lie to you.  Any country you want to name - any ally you might consider trustworthy - they're also a bunch of liars poisoning their citizens with a phony vaccine.  From England to Russia, from Israel to Norway... they're all in on it.

But my question to you is: since you don't believe vaccines should be rushed, why weren't you objecting to Operation Warp Speed from the beginning?  Pretty convenient that you only expressed a concern about speedy vaccines after Trump left office.

(And for the record: while I expressed concern about Trump rushing a fake vaccine to market for political gain, I said from the beginning that once other stable democracies like Canada and Germany approve a vaccine, I'll be first in line.)

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2021, 02:51:17 pm »

It is ironic. 

Trump had one accomplishment in four years. 

He didn’t build his wall.  He didn’t improve them trade imbalance.  He did pass any major legislation.  He did improve our standing in the world.  He didn’t sign any significant treaties.The economy and jobs nosed dived during his administration.  He didn’t get re-elected.  His administration ended with a failed coup attempt. A disgraceful four years of hundreds of failures and one success.  One thing that actually was successful.  One thing went better than most expected.  One thing and only one thing….. warp speed.

And now his most ardent supporters are doing everything thing they can to undermine his one accomplishment. 

- He built the wall in some of the most vulnerable areas.   What used to be short barbed wire fences are now impenetrable and unscalable steel/concrete structures
- He tilted the trade imbalance back towards America.  Putting America first.
- He put a rush on the Keystone Pipeline deal, denied entry to certain countries that were known for producing terrorists (only to have the courts block him)
- He let the world know that America was not to be fucked with but would negotiate within reason
- He brokered peace treaties with Israel and a few of its enemy Arab nations.
- The economy was trending upward big time until COVID hit.  But apparently that's all the liberals want to look at.
- He had the election stolen from him
- The "failed coup attempt" was not orchestrated by him but carried out independently
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2021, 03:16:55 pm »

I will not listen because this new vaccine has been rushed to the market and there are all kinds of issues with it.

When the CDC goes through their entire process past emergency authorization and it's fully approved as safe with all of their normal tests and procedures, will you take the vaccine then?

I drink your milkshake!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2021, 05:48:23 pm »

Didn’t Biden cause this spike by opening our borders and letting people in?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2021, 08:45:30 pm »

Didn’t Biden cause this spike by opening our borders and letting people in?
No.

The spike is not among immigrant populations.  It's among unvaccinated Americans.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray