Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 07:34:01 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Cuomo/Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Cuomo/Trump  (Read 3270 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« on: August 03, 2021, 06:32:42 pm »

Given the news coming out of the New York Attorney General's office today, you would think that Cuomo and Trump would get along a lot better since they seem to share a particular interest in the "hobby" of sexual molestation.  As I have said here many times, politicians of the two parties are just opposite sides of the same slimy coin. 
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 06:53:46 pm »

Given the news coming out of the New York Attorney General's office today, you would think that Cuomo and Trump would get along a lot better since they seem to share a particular interest in the "hobby" of sexual molestation.  As I have said here many times, politicians of the two parties are just opposite sides of the same slimy coin.  
In b4 the "it's just not the same" crowd shows up with their delusional world views and cornball opinions.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 07:53:06 pm »

Given the news coming out of the New York Attorney General's office today, you would think that Cuomo and Trump would get along a lot better since they seem to share a particular interest in the "hobby" of sexual molestation.  As I have said here many times, politicians of the two parties are just opposite sides of the same slimy coin. 

Not a huge difference between Trump and Cuomo.  Both are scumbags that belong in jail.

However, huge difference between how the democrats are reacting to Cuomo and how republicans reacted to Trump. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 08:03:54 pm »

Yeah, Cuomo sounds like a real bully and shithead from not just this story, but also from what I've heard before.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2021, 10:05:53 pm »

Not a huge difference between Trump and Cuomo.  Both are scumbags that belong in jail.

However, huge difference between how the democrats are reacting to Cuomo and how republicans reacted to Trump. 

I don't say this often, but i agree with you.  I've not heard any Democrats (yet) trying to make excuses for Cuomo.  And I was disappointed in how many Republicans tried to victim shame and generally downplay some of Trump's sexual assaults.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 03:30:27 am »

While I don't personally support Cuomo and I didn't vote for him in the gubernatorial primary, I agree with his policies.  And I have to say that it is personally satisfying to see someone finally fight back against the conservatives that have constantly attacked us on the left for the last few years.

I would say the difference between the liberal response to Cuomo and the conservative response to Trump should be instructive, but it's not instructive at all because it is the most boring and predictable outcome ever.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 03:32:30 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 03:31:53 pm »

I don't say this often, but i agree with you.  I've not heard any Democrats (yet) trying to make excuses for Cuomo.  And I was disappointed in how many Republicans tried to victim shame and generally downplay some of Trump's sexual assaults.
Democrats are literally making a living off of going after masculine men with no excuses. The progressives eat it up. See Al Franken as an example of them throwing a guy under the bus just because. He's not even in my political party and I don't think there is any way he should have been pushed to step down.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 03:35:26 pm »

Democrats are literally making a living off of going after masculine men with no excuses.

Sexual harassment, in your opinion, is what makes up masculinity?

Do any females actually understand your position on this?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 04:38:20 pm »

Democrats are literally making a living off of going after masculine men with no excuses. The progressives eat it up. See Al Franken as an example of them throwing a guy under the bus just because. He's not even in my political party and I don't think there is any way he should have been pushed to step down.
Wow, that's a surprising take.  But points for consistency with your new world view, at least!

I guess the old saying is true: if you pretend to believe something for long enough, you eventually believe it genuinely.  I just never thought I'd see the day when you apply The Trump Standard to politicians in the Democrat Party.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2021, 04:43:46 pm »

I assume that I'm not interpreting your comment correctly.  So please do correct me if I'm wrong.  But that reads as if you are equating molesting/sexual assault of women with masculinity.  

And to say that Al Franken was thrown under a bus "just because" is hopefully made because you just don't know about his story.  False accusations can always be made, but the reason he resigned was because it is pretty hard to refute a picture of him looking at the camera and smirking a "look at what I'm getting away with" smile while he is grabbing the tits of a sleeping woman on a plane.  That is essentially the same thing that conservative talk show host Leann Tweeden accused him of doing to her BEFORE that picture was ever made public.  Do you think that is just a guy being masculine?  I always gauge my own reaction to things by using the "how would I feel if this was my daughter/son/wife.  So let me ask you, if your daughter or wife that was sleeping on the plane and being molested while sleeping, would you still consider it him just being masculine and that he shouldn't have been "thrown under the bus" for what he did?

If I am completely misunderstanding your post, then I apologize.  But it really reads badly.  
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2021, 04:57:20 pm »

locker room antics, boys being boys, etc.

What kind of a country do we live in when honest, genuine masculinity like this is somehow criminalized?

« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 05:00:42 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2021, 06:06:03 pm »

Okay, well them.  At least CF is consistent, that is more than I can say for most republicans who defend Trump but attack Cuomo. 

Let’s just call Trump, Cuomo, Frankin, Gaetz, Hasterd, etc the pro sexual predators caucus.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2021, 06:48:11 pm »

At least CF is consistent, that is more than I can say for most republicans who defend Trump but attack Cuomo.
There is also another aspect to this.  I'm sure you've seen me mention this saying before:

Today's conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today: updated daily.

So since liberals are united in calling for Cuomo's resignation...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 06:52:19 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2021, 11:03:52 am »

I agree with CF insofar that I don't put Franken in this camp.  I think he was done dirty.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2021, 11:31:00 am »

Let’s just call Trump, Cuomo, Frankin, Gaetz, Hasterd, etc the pro sexual predators caucus.

I am picturing a political debate.
Moderator:  Candidate A, what is your stance on sexual harassment?"
Candidate A:   I'm all in favor of it. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray