Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:35:27 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Cuomo/Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Cuomo/Trump  (Read 3273 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2021, 02:19:35 pm »

I am picturing a political debate.
Moderator:  Candidate A, what is your stance on sexual harassment?"
Candidate A:   I'm all in favor of it. 

Are you willing to confirm a S.Ct justice with serious allegations of sexual harassment, because you agree with him politically? 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 02:36:14 pm »

I am picturing a political debate.
Moderator:  Candidate A, what is your stance on sexual harassment?"
Candidate A:   I'm all in favor of it. 

Moderator:  Candidate B, what is your stance on sexual harassment?"
Candidate B: Usually right behind her, knees slightly bent...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2021, 02:50:39 pm »

Are you willing to confirm a S.Ct justice with serious allegations of sexual harassment, because you agree with him politically?  

I'm a little confused by your asking me that question.  I was taking your comment about the "pro sexual predators caucus" and making a joke about what the debate would sound like with a candidate from the "pro sexual harassment caucus"

But to answer your question, given the exact wording of your question being "serious allegations", I am going to take that as meaning serious equates to enough specific information being available to give the allegations credence and the fact that you said allegations plural meaning that there are multiple credible allegations.  So under those parameters, I would definitely not be willing to confirm a Supreme Court justice until the investigative process ran it's course.  Regardless of whether I agreed with him politically or not.  But the accusations would have to have some face value merit because it is certainly not beyond the scope of possibility for opponents of a Supreme Court nominee to find someone willing to make false allegations in order to try to prevent the nominee from moving forward in the process.  Of course what  constitutes "face value merit" could get into some gray areas.  

I should probably add that I don't look at the political beliefs of Supreme Court nominees nearly as much as I look at their documented history of interpreting laws in a manner which shows an allegiance to intent of the law that far exceeds their own political beliefs.  Ideally, I want a Supreme Court justice to be apolitical in that they don't make rulings based on political philosophy, but on case law and unbiased consideration of the case before them.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 02:55:59 pm by Dolphster » Logged
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2021, 02:51:57 pm »

Moderator:  Candidate B, what is your stance on sexual harassment?"
Candidate B: Usually right behind her, knees slightly bent...

We should team up to write Saturday Night Live skits.  Especially since the show hasn't been funny in 30 years (yeah, I'm one of those SNL sucks now people).
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2021, 03:00:18 pm »

We should team up to write Saturday Night Live skits.  Especially since the show hasn't been funny in 30 years (yeah, I'm one of those SNL sucks now people).

I  was never a big SNL fan. Actually, the last time I watched a full SNL show, I'm pretty sure Belushi was involved.   Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2021, 03:24:25 pm »

I  was never a big SNL fan. Actually, the last time I watched a full SNL show, I'm pretty sure Belushi was involved.   Wink

John or Jim?   If John, you definitely go way way back.   I remember the Dolphins drafting a tackle that looked almost exactly like him.  Unfortunately said tackle didn't pan out.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2021, 03:33:52 pm »

John or Jim?   If John, you definitely go way way back.   I remember the Dolphins drafting a tackle that looked almost exactly like him.  Unfortunately said tackle didn't pan out.

LOL, I would like to hear who that DT was if you can remember.  It would be pretty funny to look him up and compare.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2021, 06:50:30 pm »

I'm a little confused by your asking me that question.  I was taking your comment about the "pro sexual predators caucus" and making a joke about what the debate would sound like with a candidate from the "pro sexual harassment caucus"

But to answer your question, given the exact wording of your question being "serious allegations", I am going to take that as meaning serious equates to enough specific information being available to give the allegations credence and the fact that you said allegations plural meaning that there are multiple credible allegations.  So under those parameters, I would definitely not be willing to confirm a Supreme Court justice until the investigative process ran it's course.  Regardless of whether I agreed with him politically or not.  But the accusations would have to have some face value merit because it is certainly not beyond the scope of possibility for opponents of a Supreme Court nominee to find someone willing to make false allegations in order to try to prevent the nominee from moving forward in the process.  Of course what  constitutes "face value merit" could get into some gray areas.  

I should probably add that I don't look at the political beliefs of Supreme Court nominees nearly as much as I look at their documented history of interpreting laws in a manner which shows an allegiance to intent of the law that far exceeds their own political beliefs.  Ideally, I want a Supreme Court justice to be apolitical in that they don't make rulings based on political philosophy, but on case law and unbiased consideration of the case before them.

Basically I was implying that anyone who voted to confirm Kavanaugh is a member of the pro-sexual harassment caucus.  That would be the moderator’s question, not a question to you.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 10:27:31 am by MyGodWearsAHoodie » Logged

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2021, 07:00:26 pm »

LOL, I would like to hear who that DT was if you can remember.  It would be pretty funny to look him up and compare.

He was an offensive tackle. I can't remember his name because I kept referring to him as Bluto. As Artie said, the guy didn't pan out. Probably never find him without the name. Google wasn't helping me.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2021, 07:51:11 pm »

Basically I was implying that anyone who voted to confirm Kavanaugh is a member of the pro-sexual harassment caucus.
Those weren't anywhere close to credible allegations. Anyone who thinks they were is retarded LMAO

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2021, 07:24:45 am »

Basically I was implying that anyone who voted to confirm Kavanaugh is a member of the pro-sexual harassment caucus.

Ah, okay.  Now I understand.  Thanks for clarifying. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2021, 09:47:04 am »

He was an offensive tackle. I can't remember his name because I kept referring to him as Bluto. As Artie said, the guy didn't pan out. Probably never find him without the name. Google wasn't helping me.

Joe Toledo was his name.  I remember reading in the Miami Herald from one of the Dolphins beat writers that he had a striking resemblance to John Belushi.  I think it was in 2007.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2021, 10:01:14 am »

^^^ I was a big Joe Toledo fan when we drafted him...really thought he could be pretty good. I never noticed it before, but maybe a little similarity in coloration and the chubby cheek action.

~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2021, 10:59:17 am »

Ha, I remembered the name when I read it.  But I don't really recall anything about him as a player. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2021, 04:49:56 pm »

And Cuomo is out.
Nice that we have actual standards of behavior on the left.

It will be fun to note how many conservatives currently wet with crocodile tears about the death of masculinity were also screaming about Joe Biden holding a child's shoulders at a public ceremony.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray