Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:11:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Moratorium extended
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: Moratorium extended  (Read 4696 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2021, 11:38:28 am »

Rent sucks.

I get that it's a necessary evil, but it's basically just another way that poor people get fucked.  Wealthy people (land owners) have enough to buy multiple places, then they get a poor person to pay the bill for them while they build equity on someone else's dime.

We really need to move away from that model and help families get into property ownership so communities are better themselves.
My daughter makes enough to purchase a house but she loves living in an upscale apt. Most people who can afford rent can afford to purchase albeit maybe not as nice. It's usually a matter of choice or in some circumstances poor choices that lead people to renting vs owning.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2021, 06:48:54 pm »

Rent sucks.
Rent is basically the same as a mortgage payment. You're going to pay a monthly payment either way. It they don't rent the property, they'll have to buy the property and give the owner a profit, give the bank a profit, and pay for maintenance for the next 30 years.

I get that it's a necessary evil, but it's basically just another way that poor people get fucked.  Wealthy people (land owners) have enough to buy multiple places, then they get a poor person to pay the bill for them while they build equity on someone else's dime.

We really need to move away from that model and help families get into property ownership so communities are better themselves.
It's no different than the sandwich you bought for lunch. Someone buys a commodity and then someone else who wants it, pays for it at an agreed upon price. No one forces anyone to do anything. It's the exact same capitalism that you guys prop up and support in your many posts about consequences for shitty world views and free speech that hurts your feelings. Gotta take the good with the bad, can't have it both ways.

What it means is that if Gina Corano wants to have a shitty worldview and say provacative shit about vaccines and the holocaust and election lies, then fans are going to think she's a cunt and Disney is going to send her packing.  And that happened.  She didn't get a call from Uncle Sam.  She got a call from the Mouse.  That's capitalism.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray