Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:00:38 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Longtime FSU Coach Bobby Bowden dies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Longtime FSU Coach Bobby Bowden dies  (Read 1640 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: August 08, 2021, 07:19:34 am »

I just saw that longtime FSU coach Bobby Bowden passed away this morning after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.   The man was a legend and I always looked forward to the Canes facing him every year.   While other teams were dropping the Canes from their schedule, he kept coming back and playing because he could build an equvalent team and wasn't afraid to go toe to toe with the Canes.  

My condolences to all FSU fans on this board.

RIP Coach.  
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 07:13:33 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2021, 09:11:51 am »

Dadgummit. RIP
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2021, 01:54:06 pm »

This makes three legendary coaches that have kicked the bucket this year.   Don Shula, Howard Schnellenberger, and now Bobby Bowden
« Last Edit: August 08, 2021, 03:22:28 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2021, 02:05:53 pm »

RIP.  He seemed like a decent guy over many eras.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2021, 11:24:20 am »

As an old school Hurricane fan, I loved the rivalry back in glory days of both teams with Bobby Bowden as coach.  He always seemed like a good human being and no matter how hot the rivalry would get between The U and FSU, it was nice to always be able to join forces with FSU in a shared hatred of the Gators.   He seemed to have a good life both on and off the field and I hope he was completely content with his life when he passed.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2021, 11:49:43 am »

As an old school Hurricane fan, I loved the rivalry back in glory days of both teams with Bobby Bowden as coach.  He always seemed like a good human being and no matter how hot the rivalry would get between The U and FSU, it was nice to always be able to join forces with FSU in a shared hatred of the Gators.   He seemed to have a good life both on and off the field and I hope he was completely content with his life when he passed.

I'm with you there.   I long for the days when that game was pretty much the national championship.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray