Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:17:02 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Are We f*ckin Doing this Again?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print
Author Topic: Are We f*ckin Doing this Again?  (Read 7354 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2021, 04:28:06 pm »

Just a reminder that there was video of Robert Kraft soliciting sex for cash and he's not in prison. He didn't even lose his job, in fact I think all the charges against him have been dropped and they had it on videotape which Kraft successfully got thrown out.

Soliciting sex for money and rape aren't in the same ballpark.

I don't even have a moral issue with what Kraft did, and in fact, I felt kinda sorry for him for being embarrassed.   Leave the poor dude alone.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2021, 07:37:16 pm »

The biggest target, Harvey Weinstein went to prison and so did Bill Cosby. That's just from the top of my head
I didn't realize that Weinstein had actually gone to prison for rape. Cosby was a little before the whole Me too movement so I don't include him in that. Both of them were accused of multiple rapes, I don't believe that Watson has been accused of rape unless I'm wrong. Still point taken. It is a different world from before the Weinstein's and Cosby's of the world made their mark. I still don't think Watson will be going to jail though, I don't think any of the lawsuits against him are even criminal, just civil.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 07:52:33 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2021, 07:38:35 pm »

Soliciting sex for money and rape aren't in the same ballpark.
I don't believe that Watson has been accused of rape either. My only reason for bringing up Kraft was the fact that police had video evidence on him, I don't believe there's anything close to that for Watson.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 07:48:16 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2021, 09:47:31 pm »

I don't believe that Watson has been accused of rape either. My only reason for bringing up Kraft was the fact that police had video evidence on him, I don't believe there's anything close to that for Watson.

No one goes to jail for being with a massage parlor prostitute. They wanted a big fish to boost their own profiles so they made up some nonsense about it being sex trafficking in order to get Kraft to plea but he told them to kiss his ass.

A person without his wealth would've taken the plea but what's the point of being a billionaire if you can't tell the DOJ to suck it?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2021, 12:56:41 pm »

Tyrod Taylor was officially named the Texans starter for Week 1. We all knew this was coming but Watson will be a healthy inactive and that probably won't change as the season progresses.

The Texans might be the worst run franchise in all of American sports.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2021, 05:24:08 pm »

Tyrod Taylor was officially named the Texans starter for Week 1. We all knew this was coming but Watson will be a healthy inactive and that probably won't change as the season progresses.

The Texans might be the worst run franchise in all of American sports.
.  Four playoff berths and two wins in six years.  Miami has one playoff berth in that span. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
bsmooth
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2021, 05:37:34 pm »

.  Four playoff berths and two wins in six years.  Miami has one playoff berth in that span. 

You really suck at this football stuff. What is the record of the Dolphins and the Texans over their first 21 years in the league. Pretty sure the Dolphins did a couple things...five SB appearances, yep, and two SB victories.
I think it is time for you to pick a new team and end this self-loathing you have for being a fan. Listen to Morrissey instead
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2021, 09:50:58 am »

For the life of me, I don't understand why (or if) you are a Dolphins fan.  All you do is complain about them.  Yes, there are plenty of things about the Dolphins that can be criticized.  But when that is ALL you do, I have to question your fandom. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2021, 10:47:21 pm »

If D4L changes his avatar to a Carolina Panthers logo, be very worried...  Cheesy

Watson is not MIA's problem in 2021.  Tua's play this season will determine whether the Dolphins chase Watson in 2022.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2021, 09:44:32 am »

Based on the first 2 games of the season, I'd give up Tua and whatever draft picks Houston wants for Watson right now. It's not like we are drafting a bunch of studs with all those picks anyway. I'm prepared to play with Brissett as the QB this year if need be. Yes, I know that QB is not the only problem with this team, but I think Watson would solve the QB problem at least and yes I believe Miami does have a QB problem that goes way beyond offensive line in fact I would go so far as to say that Tua is making the offensive line look even worse then it is.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 09:52:59 am by Pappy13 » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2021, 10:09:22 am »

Based on the first 2 games of the season, I'd give up Tua and whatever draft picks Houston wants for Watson right now. It's not like we are drafting a bunch of studs with all those picks anyway. I'm prepared to play with Brissett as the QB this year if need be. Yes, I know that QB is not the only problem with this team, but I think Watson would solve the QB problem at least and yes I believe Miami does have a QB problem that goes way beyond offensive line in fact I would go so far as to say that Tua is making the offensive line look even worse then it is.

I want to but I can't argue with your logic of "we would waste then draft picks anyway". Of course, please understand that even Watson would be shitty under this O-Line right now.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2021, 01:17:14 pm »

Realizing that you are anti-Tua because you favored picking Herbert (which I did also), even if Tua is a bust Watson is not the answer.  Too many off field issues that would be a major distraction for him, and ultimately the team.  Players just don't recover and go on to success; you can mention Roethlisberger or Vick, but that was a different time.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2021, 02:38:49 pm »

Realizing that you are anti-Tua because you favored picking Herbert (which I did also), even if Tua is a bust Watson is not the answer.  Too many off field issues that would be a major distraction for him, and ultimately the team.  Players just don't recover and go on to success; you can mention Roethlisberger or Vick, but that was a different time.
Just for the record, I'm anti-Tua because I don't like him as a QB. Has nothing to do with the fact that I wanted Miami to take Herbert instead of him, has everything to do with the fact that I think Tua is a smallish, not very gifted athlete that throws with his left hand that was fortunate enough to be on an extremely talented Alabama team. No one would have known who Tua was if he played for University of Illinois I can guarantee you that. Herbert was the opposite. Completely under rated QB because he was on a very average offensive team. Extremely gifted athlete, doing things you cannot teach a QB to do with arm talent and ability. Tua and Herbert are on opposite ends of the spectrum and I thought Miami was making a big mistake taking Tua instead of Herbert when he was drafted and that opinion has only gotten stronger over time. I'm now convinced that Tua's an average QB at best and I don't think he ever will be anything more than that in the NFL. He was a college wonder that will go no where in the pro's. As more time goes by, I'm only becoming more and more convinced of that. He almost changed my mind the first couple of games in Miami where he showed some promise, but he's going in the wrong direction now getting worse each week rather than better. I thought Fitzpatrick outplayed Tua most of last year including late in the year and I think Brissett might just outplay him this year and frankly I'd rather see Brissett under center right now.

Watson may not be the answer, but he's got a heck of a lot better chance than Tua does.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 03:10:45 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: September 21, 2021, 06:05:55 pm »

Pappy, did you think CIN should have taken Herbert over Burrow?  I mean, Herbert has been better so far.

Taking Herbert over Tua would have been suicidal.  Even with Tua's play so far (which, let's keep in mind, has not been bad; he has an 85.4 passer rating and the best record BY FAR of the QBs in his class), Flores/Grier have not been anywhere near the hot seat.  If they take Herbert instead of Tua and the numbers in LA and Miami stay the same, the front office is potentially getting fired this offseason.  Herbert would be considered one of the biggest busts in draft history and the Dolphins would be talked about in the same breath as the Blazers passing on Jordan.

Consider that it doesn't matter if Zach Wilson or Trey Lance actually end up being better than Trevor Lawrence, or whether Urban Meyer thought they might be; picking either of those two over Lawrence sets your expectations sky high before you've taken the field.  The only reason to take Herbert over Tua is if you think Tua won't overcome his injury problems, and that conclusion has yet to be justified.  Herbert's Marino-like outperformance of expectations does not change the fact that it would have been insane to take him over Burrow or Tua based on perceived talent.  There's being smart, and then there's being cute.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2021, 06:08:59 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2021, 11:54:04 am »

Just for the record, I'm anti-Tua because I don't like him as a QB. Has nothing to do with the fact that I wanted Miami to take Herbert instead of him, has everything to do with the fact that I think Tua is a smallish, not very gifted athlete that throws with his left hand that was fortunate enough to be on an extremely talented Alabama team. No one would have known who Tua was if he played for University of Illinois I can guarantee you that. Herbert was the opposite. Completely under rated QB because he was on a very average offensive team. Extremely gifted athlete, doing things you cannot teach a QB to do with arm talent and ability. Tua and Herbert are on opposite ends of the spectrum and I thought Miami was making a big mistake taking Tua instead of Herbert when he was drafted and that opinion has only gotten stronger over time. I'm now convinced that Tua's an average QB at best and I don't think he ever will be anything more than that in the NFL. He was a college wonder that will go no where in the pro's. As more time goes by, I'm only becoming more and more convinced of that. He almost changed my mind the first couple of games in Miami where he showed some promise, but he's going in the wrong direction now getting worse each week rather than better. I thought Fitzpatrick outplayed Tua most of last year including late in the year and I think Brissett might just outplay him this year and frankly I'd rather see Brissett under center right now.

I don't disagree with much of what you have said, I'm just of the opinion that we have Tua so we need to support him and give him two years to really see what we have.  Some QB's are hot immediately, then go on to suck.  Other QB's take a couple years to develop and grow into the NFL position.  I didn't want Tua, but I think he's shown enough good things last year to give him the opportunity he deserves.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray