Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:31:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Patriots release Cam Newton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Patriots release Cam Newton  (Read 947 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: August 31, 2021, 10:13:48 am »

I told you guys before the draft that I thought Mac Jones was going to be good and now BB is looking to him for their future.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 10:18:50 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2021, 10:52:49 am »

No reason to start Cam over Mac if Mac is even 60% as good since he would be the future and this is not a Superbowl year for the Pats. They probably released Cam out of courtesy so he could latch on with other teams.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2021, 02:02:44 pm »

They probably released Cam out of courtesy so he could latch on with other teams.
As a backup. I'm sure Cam is thrilled. They cut Cam so they don't have to pay him.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2021, 02:11:28 pm »

As a backup. I'm sure Cam is thrilled. They cut Cam so they don't have to pay him.

They might've offered him the backup job and maybe he declined. I don't know, but it's better for Mac to not have a distraction. We kinda knew this was a possibility when more details emerged on Cam's 1 year deal and saw how likely it was for him to get cut and the Pats not be too hurt by it.

Good news for the Pats is that if Jones is a total bust, they can get Jimmy G back next year or even later this seaosn if Lance replaces him.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2021, 02:24:25 pm »

Cam wants to start and there are several teams in the NFL that could use him right now.   I'm thinking Dallas, Washington or Indy would be a good landing spot for him.   Also New Orleans may pick him up if Jameis Winston falters
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray