Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:45:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shaq Lawson
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shaq Lawson  (Read 1299 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« on: September 07, 2021, 01:47:17 am »

Prior to the 2021 draft, MIA traded Shaq Lawson + a 6th-round pick to HOU for LB Benardrick McKinney + a 7th-round pick.  The Dolphins cut McKinney on 8/31, so in effect MIA traded down from the 6th round to the 7th round to get rid of Lawson.

And that's fine; sometimes you want to get a player's salary off your books.  But I see that last week, NYJ shipped a 6th-round pick to HOU for Lawson.  So instead of trading down from the 6th to the 7th, with a bit more leg work MIA could have picked up an extra 6th.

You can read this trade sequence one of two ways: either MIA's GM did a worse job than HOU's GM (which is terrifying), or NYJ's GM made the worst deal of the three.  However, on the surface, this does not reflect well on MIA's front office.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 07:36:11 am »

It's 6th and 7th round picks, McKinney is a former probowler.  Sometimes it doesn't work out, I'm not sweating a couple of picks at the end of the draft.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2021, 07:54:41 am »

Just the fact that they actually went down a pick and cut the guy they obtained, leaving them with nothing to show for their trade pretty much.   That and the fact that they got cute with the pre-draft trades and ended up not getting their top choice.   I didn't like the way the draft shook out for them with the choices they made and I'm thinking it's gonna come back to bite them in the ass.   
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray