Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:12:30 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins at Patriots Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins at Patriots Predictions  (Read 1832 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 10, 2021, 10:21:37 am »

It is finally here, Week 1 is upon us and even though it is just the first week, I think this game will tell us a lot about this team. If we lose 24-10 I wouldn't say the seaosn is over but that would be incredibly disappointing and my optimism would certainly go down a whole lot. We are the better team defensively and better be offensively with the additions we made and Tua having a real offseason this time.

Dolphins 30
Patriots 13
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2021, 10:53:14 am »

36-9 MIA
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 11:13:40 am »

Being as this is the 1st game of  the season, I'm totally pulling a guess out of thin air. 

But:
Patriots 23  Miami 17

Hope I'm wrong. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 11:40:58 am »

Mac Jones is a wild card.   How good will he be in his first regular season start?   Plus it's in New England but at least it's at the beginning of the season and not the end.   I'd love to see this team beat New England twice in a season for the first time in over two decades but I don't think it happens.

Pats- 24

Dolphins- 20
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 11:54:34 am »

I think I'm drinking the Kook Aid but I'm fully expecting to win this game.  We were much better than the Pats last year and now they're starting a rookie QB.  It's weird to me that they're favored.

Of course, I'm so used to losing to them historically that it's fucking up my rational brain, but I am going to say 24-21, Miami.

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2021, 12:32:21 pm »

I think I'm drinking the Kook Aid but I'm fully expecting to win this game.  We were much better than the Pats last year and now they're starting a rookie QB.  It's weird to me that they're favored.

Of course, I'm so used to losing to them historically that it's fucking up my rational brain, but I am going to say 24-21, Miami.
This is my take.  We were a much better team last year, our young guys will be better, they have a rookie QB, they don't have their best CB and probably their best WR will be out.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2021, 12:33:18 pm »

34-7 Miami
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2021, 12:34:44 pm »

This is my take.  We were a much better team last year, our young guys will be better, they have a rookie QB, they don't have their best CB and probably their best WR will be out.

That's why I say we win comfortably. We were already than them better last year, we had a much better offseason adding two elite talents at WR, no injuries just yet due to the season just starting and they have a rookie QB making his first career start. He might have a great career but having him throw for 300 yards against our secondary in his first career start is a real tall order.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2021, 01:09:25 pm »

Nep 21-13

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2021, 02:40:08 pm »

I don't understand why rookie QB is even being discussed. He's a rookie that just beat out the veteran QB from last year who was arguably pretty bad last year. Most likely the QB play for NE will be improved from last year despite the fact he's a rookie. If you're going to judge how we do this year against them compared to last year, then just assume an upgrade for the QB position for NE if you ask me.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 02:42:32 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2021, 02:50:10 pm »

I don't understand why rookie QB is even being discussed. He's a rookie that just beat out the veteran QB from last year who was arguably pretty bad last year. Most likely the QB play for NE will be improved from last year despite the fact he's a rookie. If you're going to judge how we do this year against them compared to last year, then just assume an upgrade for the QB position for NE if you ask me.

In general, rookies don't blow the doors off in their first career start, especially against the Top or Top 3 secondary in the NFL. He can certainly have a great rookie season, but it would be pretty shocking if he had a good game in general. Pats don't have a lot of weapons to help hide this fact either.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2021, 03:23:18 pm »

FYI, if you like to bet, Bovado has Miami +150.  EZ money
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2021, 04:07:51 pm »

Miami   26

New England  13
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2021, 05:06:39 pm »

That's a fair assessment over the course of the year, but in a rookie's first game?  You kinda have to expect a learning curve.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2021, 07:20:04 pm »

Oh I'm not expecting him to throw for 300 yards and 2 TD's, but he doesn't have to. If he throws for 200 and doesn't throw any INT's, that will be good enough to win the game. Cam was 15-19 with 0 TD's and 0 INT's and ran for 2 TD's last year in the opening game that New England won 21-11. That's all I'm saying.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2021, 07:22:47 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray