Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:36:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Do I not understand the rules?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Do I not understand the rules?  (Read 4438 times)
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2021, 03:45:28 pm »

www.tombradyfanboys.com

Pretty sure you missed your destination...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2021, 04:07:11 pm »

I think he might actually be Gisele Bundchen in disguise.  Although even she probably doesn't love Brady as much as D4L does. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2021, 04:17:14 pm »

Right on cue, just useless rhetoric and garbage in response

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2021, 04:21:10 pm »

D4L, you are arguing stuff that is inherently subjective.
Now, we all understand that this is opinion, but the weird thing is that your opinion almost always seems to fall on the side of Brady being unfairly wronged.

If this were coming from Hoodie, we would dismiss this as expected behavior and move on.  But coming from a self-proclaimed Dolphins fan, one begins to wonder why it is that your subjective analysis so frequently concludes that Actually The NFL Is Unfair To Tom Brady.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2021, 04:25:06 pm »

Right on cue, just useless rhetoric...

One man's useless rhetoric is another man's statement of the obvious.

Back on track...you were incorrect, that definitely should've been an offensive PI call.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2021, 04:39:27 pm »

D4L, you are arguing stuff that is inherently subjective.
Now, we all understand that this is opinion, but the weird thing is that your opinion almost always seems to fall on the side of Brady being unfairly wronged.

If this were coming from Hoodie, we would dismiss this as expected behavior and move on.  But coming from a self-proclaimed Dolphins fan, one begins to wonder why it is that your subjective analysis so frequently concludes that Actually The NFL Is Unfair To Tom Brady.

I have explained why.  Perhaps you could explain why you believe he always gets the calls?
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 04:43:46 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2021, 04:43:02 pm »

One man's useless rhetoric is another man's statement of the obvious.

Back on track...you were incorrect, that definitely should've been an offensive PI call.

Being a fan means rooting for somebody.  I don't root for Brady.  Is that obvious enough for you?

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2021, 09:07:46 pm »

What are you basing this on?  Last year's playoffs?   Because you are deluded if you are basing it on his career with new england.

Superstar players and the plays they are involved with tend to get the benefit of the doubt in a lot of cases.   Or sometimes even if there is no doubt.  And there was no doubt that Godwin committed OPI on that play.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2021, 03:43:52 pm »

Sunstroke and artichoke both say it is a flag.

Phish says no flag

Dave and fyo are undecided

I cannot decide either.

Btw I want to state my view on Brady and Marino once and for all. I think Marino had better quarterback skills than Brady.  However, Tom Brady is better at making his teammates play better (and his opponents play worse).  Therefore, I would take Brady over Marino even I believe Marino is a better quarterback
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 03:49:49 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2021, 04:40:41 pm »

Superstar players and the plays they are involved with tend to get the benefit of the doubt in a lot of cases. 

A lot of truth in your statement.  Different sport, but same principle.  Pete Rose had the smallest strike zone of any batter in the major leagues.  He was notorious for wearing down umpires complaining about their balls/strikes calling and he was also arguably the most popular player in the league during the glory years of the Big Red Machine.  So his strike zone was about from the bottom of his belt buckle to the top of his belt buckle.   So umpires were always hesitant to call strikes on him. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2021, 04:42:54 pm »

A lot of truth in your statement.  Different sport, but same principle.  Pete Rose had the smallest strike zone of any batter in the major leagues.  He was notorious for wearing down umpires complaining about their balls/strikes calling and he was also arguably the most popular player in the league during the glory years of the Big Red Machine.  So his strike zone was about from the bottom of his belt buckle to the top of his belt buckle.   So umpires were always hesitant to call strikes on him. 

So because of that we automatically assume Brady gets all the calls?  We disregard the mountain of evidence otherwise?

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2021, 06:51:16 pm »

btw, stroke that link was nothing

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2021, 06:52:47 pm »

I still want somebody to explain to me how analyzing calls and the results of that analysis has anything to do with who I root for.   

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 08:30:59 am »

So because of that we automatically assume Brady gets all the calls?  We disregard the mountain of evidence otherwise?

Not all the calls, but a lot of them.   Same deal when I watched Michael Jordan play.   A lot of times, it was clear the defender had planted his feet and Jordan was dead guilty of charging, but the foul would go on the defender for blocking.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 08:49:14 am »

btw, stroke that link was nothing

I don't click on any of the links you post, so I would've never known.

~ Micah Leggat
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray