Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:58:37 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Do I not understand the rules?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Do I not understand the rules?  (Read 4478 times)
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2021, 10:31:09 am »

So because of that we automatically assume Brady gets all the calls?  We disregard the mountain of evidence otherwise?

That is not even remotely what I said.  I'm saying that superstars in all sports, including Brady, get a disproportionate amount of calls in their favor. This includes the fact that Brady gets a lot more protection from the refs when it comes to Roughing calls.  Multiple defensive players who have played against Brady have stated publicly and on the record that it is common knowledge that you have to hit Brady as delicately as possible or you are getting flagged.   That is very different from saying "Brady gets all the calls". 

I don't know what you mean by "disregard the mountain of evidence otherwise".  Typically you consider your opinion to be a "mountain of evidence" and then you share examples that don't have anything to do with supporting your opinion.  So I'm really not sure what you mean.  Feel free to not explain because I'm sure your explanation will be nonsense. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2021, 11:57:51 am »

I don't click on any of the links you post, so I would've never known.

I was talking about the link you posted

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2021, 11:59:38 am »

That is not even remotely what I said.  I'm saying that superstars in all sports, including Brady, get a disproportionate amount of calls in their favor. This includes the fact that Brady gets a lot more protection from the refs when it comes to Roughing calls.  Multiple defensive players who have played against Brady have stated publicly and on the record that it is common knowledge that you have to hit Brady as delicately as possible or you are getting flagged.   That is very different from saying "Brady gets all the calls". 

I don't know what you mean by "disregard the mountain of evidence otherwise".  Typically you consider your opinion to be a "mountain of evidence" and then you share examples that don't have anything to do with supporting your opinion.  So I'm really not sure what you mean.  Feel free to not explain because I'm sure your explanation will be nonsense. 

Do you want me to go over all the calls that went against Brady during his career with New England?  That is the mountain of evidence

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2021, 03:21:48 pm »

Do you want me to go over all the calls that went against Brady during his career with New England?  That is the mountain of evidence

Dear heavens...no.  What I'd like is to see if you can go an entire calendar year of not mentioning Tom Brady. Accomplish that task, and I will stop thinking of you as a Pats' fan in Phins' clothing.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2021, 03:42:46 pm »

Dear heavens...no.  What I'd like is to see if you can go an entire calendar year of not mentioning Tom Brady. Accomplish that task, and I will stop thinking of you as a Pats' fan in Phins' clothing.

For the umpteenth time, how is there any correlation between that?   

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2021, 04:41:08 pm »

No thanks.  Wondering what kind of coital fantasies you are engaging in when you are typing about Brady creeps me out.   I will just cave instead.  You are right, that poor Brady guy gets screwed over by the refs ALL the time.  Just think of how many more records he would have if not for being hosed by the refs all these years!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2021, 11:57:41 pm »

I have watched the NFL's YouTube videos on penalties.  However, they are not that useful, because if you watch football, you understand that refs don't whistle things as explicitly stated in the rules. 

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2021, 12:01:58 am »

Michael did always get the calls in Chicago.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2021, 12:56:13 pm »

For the umpteenth time, how is there any correlation between that?  

Because all you ever bring up is Tom Brady.  How about Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Dak Prescott, Philip Rivers, Ben Roethlisberger, Russell Wilson, Matt Ryan, Tony Romo, etc. etc.

Why don't you catalogue every positive and negative penalty call/non-call for all these QB's over their careers and compare them to Tom Brady, THEN I may accept your opinion of poor Tom Brady getting screwed.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 12:57:58 pm by masterfins » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2021, 12:59:55 pm »

I have watched the NFL's YouTube videos on penalties.  However, they are not that useful, because if you watch football, you understand that refs don't whistle things as explicitly stated in the rules

Because if they did there would be at least two flags thrown every play, and a game would take 12 hours to complete.  But you just can't accept this when it involves your Patriots and Tom Brady.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2021, 02:47:36 pm »

Because if they did there would be at least two flags thrown every play, and a game would take 12 hours to complete.  But you just can't accept this when it involves your Patriots and Tom Brady.
. Wrong. I can accept this. And I can evolve in my understanding of calls.

Here is an example.  In the 2015 afc title game Rob gronkowski argued that he was held in the end zone.  The rules say that any grab of the jersey is defensive holding.  I posted on here saying it was a bad call. However, I have since learned that refs will often let the defender grab and/or pull the jersey if they are attempting to make a play on the ball. Therefore, I acknowledged that this was a good no call.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2021, 09:06:02 pm »

. Wrong. I can accept this. And I can evolve in my understanding of calls.

Here is an example.  In the 2015 afc title game Rob gronkowski argued that he was held in the end zone.  The rules say that any grab of the jersey is defensive holding.  I posted on here saying it was a bad call. However, I have since learned that refs will often let the defender grab and/or pull the jersey if they are attempting to make a play on the ball. Therefore, I acknowledged that this was a good no call.

Again with you defending the Patriots players, this is why you are a Patriots Homer.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2021, 11:14:20 pm »

Again with you defending the Patriots players, this is why you are a Patriots Homer.

That was me defending a no-call that went AGAINST the Patriots.  Now you are simply refusing to even read my posts.  How is saying that a no-call against the Patriots was correct being a homer? 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2021, 11:50:38 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2021, 08:04:53 am »

I've been bitching about the standard of refereeing the last few years now... and in the 40 years I have been watching this game I swear I never seen it so bad, especially in regard to PI...

The first three weeks of the games shown here in Australia this year (with the other televised games I have seen - sadly no Phins games here yet) what should be the most obvious of PI calls go ignored. Players not looking for the ball and contacting receivers before the ball arrives. Clear grabs and tugs of the jerseys. No flags.

The Refs are clearly whiffing on the hard calls - it's like they they can't be assed and are expecting a red flag to be thrown by a Coach to challenge, or a video review... but it's just not happening and it's a blight on the game.

We need a Vince Lombardi in the media to highlight these obvious screw ups and yell out seriously loud - WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE? FOR THE LOVE OF PETE!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 08:07:04 am by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2021, 06:06:38 pm »

Some people were angry at the tripping penalty against Green Bay on Sunday.  However, that was completely correct.  You cannot put your leg out to trip somebody.  Should that rule be changed?

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray