Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 12:50:26 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What Does This Bills Game Mean?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: What Does This Bills Game Mean?  (Read 1671 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 15, 2021, 09:58:59 am »

I'm thinking about possible outcomes and Week 17 of last year is on my mind. If we lose by 35 points, should we forget about the division this year? If we win by 17 points, should be be talking about Super Bowl? No one wants to lose, but I think hanging in there and losing by 6 isn't the end of the world but I don't know how we can think we can win the division if we get massacred again.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 10:19:14 am »

I think it's week 2 and we should temper expectations either way.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 10:47:03 am »

House money.
I don't expect to win this game at all.

However, if we win, even by one point, we're in the driver's seat and should expect to win the division.  We aren't a super bowl team, whether we beat the Bills or not, but the stepping stone is being competitive in the playoffs and a victory against the Bills sets that up.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2021, 03:04:39 pm »

If we contain Josh Allen it will be a victory for us even if we lose a close game. He has torched us and run for so many yards against us that we are basically his bitch. We need to absolutely change that.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 04:13:23 pm »

I'm really pulling for Josh Allen to have a terrible year.  After one good season everyone is declaring him the next superstar QB.
Between Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield, I can't tell who I dislike more.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 04:22:08 pm »

It will be a big win but I will not celebrate unless Miami makes the playoffs

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2021, 04:41:37 pm »

It will be a big win but I will not celebrate unless Miami makes the playoffs

So if they win against the Bills in week 2, you are going to celebrate that week 2 victory at the end of the year if they make the playoffs?  Seems a little anti climactic.  If they win this week AND they make the playoffs, you should start a thread called, "Yes!  We beat the Bills 3 and a half months ago!"
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2021, 06:59:55 pm »

I'm really pulling for Josh Allen to have a terrible year.  After one good season everyone is declaring him the next superstar QB.
Between Josh Allen and Baker Mayfield, I can't tell who I dislike more.

I hate him too because I hate the Bills fanbase so much. He had one great year but he also had the best WR in the league. I don't think he will regress to his rookie year but I don't think he will be putting up MVP numbers again.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2021, 07:35:39 pm »

It's one of 17. We have to win about 10 to have a shot at the playoffs. A win lowers that total to 8 more wins while a loss means it's still at 9. That's it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2021, 07:57:42 pm »

I think you'll need 11 wins in the AFC.  10 didn't even cut it for MIA last year.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2021, 08:41:58 am »

I think you'll need 11 wins in the AFC.  10 didn't even cut it for MIA last year.
You could be right. 10 I think will get you very close, 11 will probably guarantee it.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2021, 09:13:03 am »

With the extra game, 11 wins is the new 10-6. Last year the AFC was stacked while the NFC was a clown show. These things tend to go in cycles so let's see how it plays out this year. Probably going to see a handful of 10-7 teams not make it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2021, 10:43:00 am »

With the extra game, 11 wins is the new 10-6. Last year the AFC was stacked while the NFC was a clown show. These things tend to go in cycles so let's see how it plays out this year. Probably going to see a handful of 10-7 teams not make it.

Even before the extra game, 10 wins guaranteed you nothing.   There have been several teams that have won 10 games (one team even won 11) and were sitting at home come playoff time. 

That being said, they need to get to Josh Allen early and often if they want to win this game and take out the Bills Mafia.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2021, 10:57:57 am »

Before the extra game, ask New England if 11 wins guaranteed you anything.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2021, 11:02:31 am »

I don't know what 10 wins feels like anymore.

11 wins pretty much guaranteed you a spot in the playoffs, outside of a freak circumstance.  10 wins meant you probably made it in, but you weren't in control of your destiny.

It's actually the thing about adding a game I'm concerned about the most.  I am going to feel out of touch with what the record means.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray