Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:28:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  What Does This Bills Game Mean?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What Does This Bills Game Mean?  (Read 1670 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2021, 11:13:35 am »

Typically 9-7 gives you at least a decent shot at the playoffs, which means that you'll probably need 10 now for a decent shot which is what I was focused on. Yeah, probably gonna need 11 or more now to guarantee a spot, but that's not what I was focusing on, just to clear up any confusion on what I was suggesting.

This is from 8 years ago, but I doubt things have changed much.
Code:
Wins TM   P/O   %
16 1 1 100%
15 3 3 100%
14 13 13 100%
13 35 35 100%
12 44 44 100%
11 58 59 98%
10 70 78 90%
9 42 82 51%
8 9 85 11%
7 1 76 1%
« Last Edit: September 16, 2021, 11:29:33 am by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2021, 04:44:52 pm »

I'm thinking about possible outcomes and Week 17 of last year is on my mind. If we lose by 35 points, should we forget about the division this year? If we win by 17 points, should be be talking about Super Bowl? No one wants to lose, but I think hanging in there and losing by 6 isn't the end of the world but I don't know how we can think we can win the division if we get massacred again.

Yeah, we're not winning the division this year and playoffs are under 10% as of right now. This was a gutless effort against a division rival, far worse than just being outplayed. Needed a minor miracle last week to beat a QB in his first career start and now this. This season can get out of hand.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2021, 04:52:36 pm »

I am the one who always preaches not to get too excited about one win and not to get too down about one loss.  But today was bad.  Real bad. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2021, 04:57:33 pm »

I am the one who always preaches not to get too excited about one win and not to get too down about one loss.  But today was bad.  Real bad. 

That's because 35-0 at home isn't a loss, it's a massacre. Dropped passes, fumbles, no effort. It's really bad. Saying this mean we are going 1-16 is an overreaction, but saying we may not go .500 after today? That isn't, that's how bad this is.

Las Vegas looking real good too so 1-2 is very likely.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2021, 05:05:33 pm »

This was exactly what Miami needed. They were not going to win this game, so might as well get embarrased. Come back next week ready to play maybe.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2021, 05:58:37 pm »

This was exactly what Miami needed. They were not going to win this game, so might as well get embarrased. Come back next week ready to play maybe.

That is entirely possible. If a game like this in WEEK 2 can't get them to wake up, nothing will. Might be slightly different if this was Week 12 ahead of a bye week and we are tired and hurt, but the season just started. You can't be this bad and unprepared and gutless in Week 2. Flores got a hell of a week ahead of him simultaneously shaming his players for today and motivating them.

Especially the O-Line who just got our franchise QB sent to the hospital in the first few minutes. They should be taking the brunt of the abuse this week.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2021, 06:33:52 pm »

I hope you are right.  But I have to question why they were not ready to play today (if that was indeed the problem).  It isn't like this is game 15 of the season where everyone is physically and mentally beat down.  They weren't coming off a short week.  They didn't have to travel for an Away game today, etc.  If the team is not ready to play in the 2nd game of the season, they have HUGE problems. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2021, 09:08:46 pm »

I think this game proved a couple things: The Bills are for real, they have an all around solid team with great coaching.  As long as they can avoid injuries the Bills will be in the playoffs.  For the Dolphins it shows the O-line still has a ways to go before they are solid.  I don't know whether it's just time needed to become cohesive, better coaching, or what; but they better figure it out within the next two weeks.  I think it continues to show the Dolphins secondary is outstanding, and it's a good thing Miami and Howard were able to come to terms over the summer.  The Defensive line seems to be playing decent but needs to get more pressure on QB's sooner.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray