Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:30:08 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Will Fuller Maybe Done for 2021
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Will Fuller Maybe Done for 2021  (Read 1047 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: September 18, 2021, 11:27:48 am »

Fuller is going to miss Week 2 with a "personal issue". No details on that. Far more unfortunately is Brian Flores refused to say whether or not he will be back with the team this year.

This is obviously disastrous news for us and Fuller's career will not recover if he is out for the year. I don't know what it could be, if it were drugs you would imagine a suspension from the league would've come first so I have no idea.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2021, 12:37:18 pm »

Far more unfortunately is Brian Flores refused to say whether or not he will be back with the team this year

Don't read anything into this. Flores won't give the media any information at all if he could get away with it. The lack of answer to any question is because he wants to give nothing away about anything.

For this week, next man up.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2021, 02:04:24 pm »

I listened to the interview (paywalled link) and the spin the media is putting on this is ridiculous. It's completely predictable, but it's ridiculous.

Flores: "He [Fuller] did not practice today [Friday]. He will not play on Sunday. He's dealing with a personal issue. I've had multiple conversations with him [snip] he's definitely dealing with a personal issue. I respect his privacy. I ask that everyone respect his privacy.We support Will. We'll take it one day at a time."
Reporter: "Do you have a sense this could stretch on multiple weeks, obviously" [cut off by Flores]
Flores: "We'll take it one day at a time."
Reporter #2: "Are you confident that he'll return to the team this season?"
Flores: "One day at a time."
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 04:30:33 pm »

^^^

I don't know, it's pretty alarming at how sudden this happened. If it were a death in the family, we would just say it. Fuller himself said 2-3 days ago that he was excited to get back onto the field and now this. Seems to be a mental health issue and that could knock you out indefinitely. Hope I'm wrong as it would be a huge loss, especially with Preston Williams made of elbow macaroni and glitter.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 05:27:40 pm »

^ I don't think it's a mental health issue or actually anything with Fuller himself. It's definitely reading tea leaves, but the way Flores described the situation (while saying nothing) just made it seem like it was something "external".
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 05:34:11 pm »

If I was a family member or friend of Fuller I would care what the issue is.  Since I'm neither of those things, the only thing I care about is when he is going to be on the field, physically and mentally ready to do his job.   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2021, 09:29:52 pm »

Take this with a giant grain of salt, but I'm in an NFL server on discord, one of the dolphins fans claims to be friends with someone in the organization who claims Fuller was mulling retirement.  He made this claim only a couple weeks into camp, I called him crazy and a liar.  Now, I'm thinking he might have been right. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 07:40:25 am »

Take this with a giant grain of salt, but I'm in an NFL server on discord, one of the dolphins fans claims to be friends with someone in the organization who claims Fuller was mulling retirement.  He made this claim only a couple weeks into camp, I called him crazy and a liar.  Now, I'm thinking he might have been right. 

And that's how it is.  The same reason why Andrew Luck retired just before the third preseason game and Vontae Davis retired at halftime in the middle of a game.   Some days, you feel great, others, you feel so messed up. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 11:39:26 am »

And that's how it is.  The same reason why Andrew Luck retired just before the third preseason game and Vontae Davis retired at halftime in the middle of a game.   Some days, you feel great, others, you feel so messed up. 

This is all speculation but that is how it is when you play such a brutal sport. There is no half assing it, otherwise you get seriously hurt. If you aren't 100% committed, bad things happen.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 12:25:24 pm »

^^^

I don't know, it's pretty alarming at how sudden this happened. If it were a death in the family, we would just say it. Fuller himself said 2-3 days ago that he was excited to get back onto the field and now this. Seems to be a mental health issue and that could knock you out indefinitely. Hope I'm wrong as it would be a huge loss, especially with Preston Williams made of elbow macaroni and glitter.

Preston Williams has been cleared to play today, which is good. Noah is inactive and it isn't looking good for his career.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2021, 03:43:09 pm »

Fuller is with the team right now. No word on if he is playing Sunday but it's good that he is at least with the team, that would probably rule out some large mental episode. Probably was family related.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2021, 01:57:15 pm »

Fuller practiced today

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray