Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:52:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Live blog bills
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: Live blog bills  (Read 2448 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2021, 02:54:55 pm »

Some of you guys never cease to amaze me.  It used to be that you would judge the team on a one game basis.  If the Dolphins won a game......"Super Bowl, Baby!" and if the Dolphins lost a game...."This team sucks!"

Now you are down to the point where you judge a player based on one play.  Xavien gives up a TD pass...."You over paid bum!" and then Xavien gets an interception...."You da man, X!"   Through one and a half games, Waddle has been by far the best WR on the team.  Waddle fumbles a punt......"You asshole!"     

Some of y'all would cut the same player 4 times during the course of a single game and give the same player a big contract extension three times during the course of a single game. 

I will say that I said Howard was a bum on that play, and he truly was. Diggs fell down and he watched him  get up and catch a TD.  that's not good effort, no matter what you say.  yes, he got the pick, good for him but we didn't get any points anways, so to me, we're still -7 pts cause he gave up a TD

And for the record, love Waddle as a WR but he shouldn't be back there returning punts

I'd rather be lucky than good.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2021, 02:55:04 pm »

This is what happens when you get cute with pre draft trades!!  You end up with a gimp legged receiver with hands of stone!!

Waddle Week 1:   4 Receptions on 5 Targets
Waddle Wee 2 (through the first half)  6 Receptions on 6 Targets
Total:   10 Receptions on 11 Targets

You hands of stone, bum!    Roll Eyes

I will say that I don't think he should be returning punts or kicks though.  You don't risk the guy who is clearly your best receiver back there returning punts.  
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2021, 02:58:32 pm »

I will say that I said Howard was a bum on that play, and he truly was. Diggs fell down and he watched him  get up and catch a TD.  that's not good effort, no matter what you say.  yes, he got the pick, good for him but we didn't get any points anways, so to me, we're still -7 pts cause he gave up a TD

And for the record, love Waddle as a WR but he shouldn't be back there returning punts

Oh I agree that X blew it on the TD play.  Don't disagree with you at all on that one.  And I definitely wasn't referring to just you in my comment.  A lot of guys do the same thing.  I get frustrated too.  I'm just not big on making generalizations on players based on one or even a handful of plays. 

Definitely with you on not having Waddle returning punts.  You don't want your best offensive weapon getting blown up and injured on a punt return. 
DenverFinFan
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2021, 03:17:45 pm »

Well I think I this one is over. Very disappointing.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2021, 03:24:00 pm »

Next week is another tough draw. May be a good idea to rest everybody the rest of the way.  Arrgh. Ahoy mateys

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2021, 03:50:13 pm »

One thing in the 2nd half of this game that is very concerning is something we never saw last year.  Last year, even when they were being soundly beaten, the Dolphins kept fighting, kept playing with fire in the belly.  But on defense here in the second half I'm seeing a LOT of half assed effort on tackles, etc.  Playing poorly is one thing.  Giving up is another thing completely.  That is one thing I did not expect from a Flores coached team. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2021, 03:56:21 pm »

If this ends up being 49-0, I'm taking up some Pottery Classes or something to fill my Sundays.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2021, 04:03:54 pm »

We are too soft in the trenches to ever be a legitimate threat.  We always get beat soundly by the bully teams. All that money and picks and we still suck at the line of scrimmage.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2021, 04:29:59 pm »

We are too soft in the trenches to ever be a legitimate threat.  We always get beat soundly by the bully teams. All that money and picks and we still suck at the line of scrimmage.

I agree.  With all the whining that people used to do about how Richie Incognito hurt Jonathan Martin's poor widdle feelings back in 2013, I'd take 5 Richie Incognito types on the OL any day.  Jonathan Martin strapped on his frilly panties for a total of 38 games before being run out of the league after a thinly veiled threat with a shotgun on social media.  Meanwhile that mean big bully bad guy Incognito is 38 years old and still on an NFL roster with the Raiders. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2021, 04:43:10 pm »

I agree.  With all the whining that people used to do about how Richie Incognito hurt Jonathan Martin's poor widdle feelings back in 2013, I'd take 5 Richie Incognito types on the OL any day.  Jonathan Martin strapped on his frilly panties for a total of 38 games before being run out of the league after a thinly veiled threat with a shotgun on social media.  Meanwhile that mean big bully bad guy Incognito is 38 years old and still on an NFL roster with the Raiders. 

Richie did nothing wrong, this is football. Men talk shit about other men all the time, he didn't say anything I haven't said to my friends. He was too much of a pussy to deal with it and it blew up after that.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2021, 04:51:31 pm »

Richie did nothing wrong, this is football. Men talk shit about other men all the time, he didn't say anything I haven't said to my friends. He was too much of a pussy to deal with it and it blew up after that.

My point exactly. 
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2021, 04:54:26 pm »

For all the praise y'all are heaping on Richie Incognito, the teams he has been on haven't done jack either.
Dude is a cancer.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2021, 04:56:05 pm »

For all the praise y'all are heaping on Richie Incognito, the teams he has been on haven't done jack either.

He's just a Guard, he can't throw for 5 TD's. He has ranked pretty good on every team he's been on, we could probably use him right now considering the pathetic state of our O-Line.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2021, 05:17:19 pm »

Did the Dolphins' O-Line feel dominant when he was making the Pro Bowl in MIA?
When they had the 17th-ranked rushing offense and were 18th in sacks allowed?

Dude is a cancer.

To be clear:  I'm not saying he's a bad offensive lineman.  I'm saying he's a cancer who will not help the performance of your offensive line.  And I think the kind of OL coaches who buy into the idea that Incognito has the type of personality you need to win football games are the same kind of OL coaches who get fired because they're bad at their jobs.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 05:31:30 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2021, 05:31:34 pm »

We were actually talking about the attitude and nastiness that Incognito (and guys like him) bring to the trenches, not necessarily him personally.  How did Martin's career go?   There are plenty of "woke" careers that sissies like Martin can go into.  Florist, IT, stuff like that.  Offensive Lineman in the NFL just isn't one of them.  And Incognito types don't have to throw the ball.  They create the time needed for QBs to make throws and clear the lanes for RBs to run through. 

Also, whether the teams that Incognito have been on have done well is ridiculous to even bring up.  He is one player who plays one position.  I know some of y'all aren't big fans of masculinity, but it is a hell of a stretch to gauge the quality of his play through A 16 YEAR CAREER by the success of the teams he has been on.  There aren't a whole lot of guys who have sucked and yet played for 16 years (and counting).   That is almost a D4L kind of comment "Marino wasn't very good because he never won a Super Bowl"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray