Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:51:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tua Fractured Ribs - OUT vs Raiders
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Tua Fractured Ribs - OUT vs Raiders  (Read 1565 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« on: September 22, 2021, 11:30:42 am »

https://twitter.com/CameronWolfe/status/1440696166002270208

Brissett to start.  I say skip Brissett, Reid Sinnett era now!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2021, 11:37:54 am »

This is the right call, rib injuries can linger and make you play at less than 100% for the whole season. Let him get fully healthy and use this to shame the O-Line further about how they almost got the franchise QB killed with their shitty play.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2021, 11:41:50 am »

Hopefully the O-line will get their act together for when he returns.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2021, 11:44:14 am »

Hopefully the O-line will get their act together for when he returns.

If they kill Jacoby too, it would be in Tua's best interest to milk it and not come back any time soon.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2021, 01:58:18 pm »

Joe Rose was saying that Tua wanted back in the Bills game but Flores kept him out. Looks like withthe latest discovery that he will be kept out longer.

Tua Tagovailoa will not play Sunday against the Las Vegas Raiders after additional tests revealed the quarterback fractured his ribs in the Week 2 loss to the Buffalo Bills. Dolphins head coach Brian Flores announced veteran backup QB Jacoby Brissett will start in Tagovailoa's place. Reid Sinnett, who's currently on the practice squad, will serve as Miami's backup.

Flores said Tagovailoa wants to play against the Raiders, but the team is saving the quarterback from himself. Flores wouldn't say whether the Dolphins plan to place Tagovailoa on injured reserve, but they'll take things week-to-week after the QB sits out Sunday.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2021, 02:20:36 pm »

Tua is already battling the perception that he is brittle.  Every game he sits puts his career in jeopardy.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2021, 02:29:21 pm »

Greer has pissed away several high draft picks and has almost nothing to show for it.   We have average to below average talent and an atrocious offensive line that has been that way since he has been here.   When he does hit on a pick in the draft, the coaching staff can't keep them happy or tries to trade them for a future pick.

The only player of any value is Howard, and he wants more money which the Dolphins are not willing to pay.  

I heard there were more Bills fans than Dolphins fans at the opener.   That's very disturbing.   And I'll bet the incompetence of this front office and coaching staff has a lot to do with it.

Greer needs to go, period.   
« Last Edit: September 23, 2021, 09:14:02 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2021, 04:38:30 pm »

It's good that Tua wants to go out there and play but he can't be allowed to make that decision and get further injured.

I wouldn't even say this injury shows he is brittle, he got rocked. Lots of QBs would be hurt from that hit.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2021, 12:52:07 pm »

This doesn't really make sense to me.  I thought X-Rays were negative originally and this was a pain management thing.  Was that not true?  Did they discover small fractures later?

I drink your milkshake!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2021, 01:20:21 pm »

This doesn't really make sense to me.  I thought X-Rays were negative originally and this was a pain management thing.  Was that not true?  Did they discover small fractures later?
From what I've read, it's difficult to see fractured ribs sometimes so they did more tests and saw the fracture.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2021, 03:19:17 pm »

I woulnd't read too much into that as I think it has more to do with Flores liking to be evasive. Maybe he hadn't decided Tua wouldn't play this week and didn't want the Raiders to know they were fractured if he did.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2021, 08:39:13 pm »

Tua has been placed on IR and will miss the next 3 games. He can come back vs. the Jags in England, which is not ideal in terms of travel but I guess we'll see how it goes.

This is obviously not a pain management thing, he is just injured.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2021, 09:15:07 pm »

Or they looked at the next 3 games against LV, Indy and Tampa Bay and said fuck it, let Jacoby play those guys.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2021, 12:34:04 pm »

Tua is already battling the perception that he is brittle.  Every game he sits puts his career in jeopardy.

I'm staying on the record saying he will never play a full regular season in his career.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2021, 03:44:56 pm »

I'm staying on the record saying he will never play a full regular season in his career.

I'm not dismissing this injury in terms of him being injury prone, but he did get fucking rocked thanks to our O-Line. So, I can say it's just one of those things......for now.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray