Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:30:35 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins at Raiders Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dolphins at Raiders Predictions  (Read 856 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« on: September 24, 2021, 10:16:43 am »

This game has all the makings of the Dolphins getting beat soundly. For various reasons I do not think that will happen. If we do lose I'm thinking we will keep it close but I'm predicting a win for no apparent reason other than this is the NFL and anything can happen.  Dolphins will win a close one.

Dolphins - 26
Raiders - 24

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 10:53:46 am »

It sounds weird but after Week 2 and the expectations everyone had for the team, this is a gigantic game for us along the lines of a Week 15 game. If we get stomped again, the articles start about Flores on the hot seat and once you get that ball rolling, it's hard to get it to stop.

That being said, I do believe last week was rock bottom for us and we can expect much improved play. Unfortunately, we have Jacoby in and the Raiders look like a legit team this year so I think we lose a close one but that's not the end of the world considering the backup QB and our opponents.

Raiders 27
Miami 20
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 11:03:18 am »

Raiders are in the top half of the league.   Dolphins sure aren't

Raiders 31

Dolphins 17
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 11:06:26 am »

For pretty much the same reason (blatant talent disparity), I'm going with Artie on this one...

Miami: 13
Vegas: 34

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 02:44:45 pm »

Pretty much the same thing that Artie and Sunstroke said. 

Raiders 27
Miami 10

I do think that Carr comes back to earth a little bit and Miami's D will get a couple of picks off of him.  But they still put up 27.  Max Crosby will get 2 or 3 sacks against Dolphins QBs (assuming Brissett might get knocked into next week and Stinnett comes in). 
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 03:06:17 pm »

17-13 MIA
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 03:31:42 pm »

The worst thing that can happen to the dolphin will.

It'll be a shoot-out and we'll end up winning 45-39 on the back of a 450 yard passing game by brissett thus starting a full blown QB controversy for the rest of the year.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 05:15:58 pm »

The worst thing that can happen to the dolphin will.

It'll be a shoot-out and we'll end up winning 45-39 on the back of a 450 yard passing game by brissett thus starting a full blown QB controversy for the rest of the year.

Given how Dave has started the season 2-0, I'm going to change my prediction to whatever he says.   Grin
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 08:22:59 pm »

If the Dolphins don't get their offensive line woes sorted out it's going to be a very long day...

I can't see us keeping this close, especially if the Raiders defense wakes up, and ours doesn't.

Raiders 37
Dolphins 7
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 02:34:01 pm »

Since Dave took the week off, it looks like Edge was the closest.  Congrats, too bad the Dolphins lost thou.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 03:42:25 pm »

I forgot to post, but I had us losing this game by more than the spread...I didn't pick a number, but I probably would have had us losing by about 9.

Spread ended up being 4, I think...lost by 3...so that's....good?

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray