Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:53:08 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  AFL - Australian Rules Football Grand Final 2021
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: AFL - Australian Rules Football Grand Final 2021  (Read 1599 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« on: September 24, 2021, 10:49:29 am »

It's on again in about 6 and a half hours time - the closest thing Australia has to the Superbowl...

After 23 weeks of regular season games followed by playoffs, we are down to the top two teams of the year in the Grand Final: Demons vs Bulldogs

Be sure to tune in, grab a beer and enjoy Australia's game for a few hours  (around 5.15am start time on the east coast, 2.15am west coast)

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 10:51:47 am »

I'm surprised Australia is playing this with all the lockdowns going on over there. Has there been a disruption in the league?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 10:53:11 am »

Let's go Melbourne!!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 02:47:25 pm »

I keep saying that I'm going to start watching Australian Rules Football again, but I keep forgetting to.  I watched it back in the infancy of ESPN when they would play a lot of it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 03:25:20 pm »

I'm rooting for the demons.

My kid and I picked that as our team at the beginning of the season. And we've been watching the matches that our TV records automagically.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 07:13:16 pm »

I'm surprised Australia is playing this with all the lockdowns going on over there. Has there been a disruption in the league?

The Covid-19 Delta outbreaks and major lockdowns have been just in Sydney and Melbourne towards the end of the season - through good luck and good management (mainly the former) the rest of Australia has been relatively unaffected. There have been a few disruptions (games being moved, crowd limitations) but nothing like 2020. Western Australia has had no outbreaks all year, so the Grand Final is being played in Perth with a full stadium capacity of 60,000.

The game itself should be a ripper - these have been the top two teams all year with the best midfields, and both come into the game at relatively full strength. The last I saw the major betting agencies couldn't pick a favorite, they think it's that even.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 05:57:37 pm »

And the Demons won, good job me picking a winner before the season!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray