Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:20:56 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Did you agree with the no-call?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Did you agree with the no-call?  (Read 920 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 26, 2021, 07:53:48 pm »

I cannot decide either way

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2021, 08:57:28 am »

It was really close so I'm ok with the no call.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 11:39:39 am »

There were two close situations on deep throws in the end zone. We got the call on one of them. Hard to be too unhappy about that. The refs are always a bit more hesitant on those deep chucks.

(I also really liked the earlier "uncatchable" call where a PI flag was picked up - don't see nearly enough of those, IMHO.)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 02:32:47 pm »

I think they got robbed. 

1) the defender initiates contact and never attempts to play the ball at all.  The contact was in no way caused by his momentum

2) the contact affects the receiver's ability to catch the ball

3) the pass is catchable

This is my objective analysis

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 03:50:16 pm »

I thought we got two no calls on PI in overtime.  We should've gotten both, since they were both PI.  I'm not really trying to hear how close the plays were -- guy got hit early in both cases, one that would've won the game.

I drink your milkshake!
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2021, 07:33:59 am »

Of the two calls in OT (and considering the other big call in our favor towards the end of the 4th was a correct one with the bomb to Hollins).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyGDrrkL8Nc

First major one was in OT, 3rd & 20, 5.57 on the clock, deep ball to Parker defended by Mullen - IMO correct call which was pass batted away. He played the ball, looked for it and got it. Just a great play by a DB and was a straight forward loss of down.

Second major one in OT at 4.05, the bomb to Fuller with Abram in coverage - we were screwed. DB was beaten in coverage, not looking for the ball, contact with Fuller before the ball got there. It's everything that screams PI, and the Ref whiffed on the call. The players were pissed and complaining, and it's understandable why.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2021, 10:07:01 am »

Second major one in OT at 4.05, the bomb to Fuller with Abram in coverage - we were screwed. DB was beaten in coverage, not looking for the ball, contact with Fuller before the ball got there. It's everything that screams PI, and the Ref whiffed on the call. The players were pissed and complaining, and it's understandable why.
The only thing I can say in defense of the refs is that I'm not sure the contact really interferes with the players ability to catch the ball. He didn't pull down on his arm or impede his progress in my opinion. Yes there was contact, but it was pretty minor contact. They let that go alot of times so it's not clearly a PI call in my opinion. I wouldn't argue if it were called, but it's not clear IMO.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2021, 01:36:34 pm »

It should be pointed out in the game last year Miami was flagged for far less on a big play in the fourth quarter

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2021, 03:53:43 pm »

Another call in that video.  On the Raiders third down play before the first field goal in overtime.  Why is that not grounding?

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2021, 08:59:20 pm »

Another call in that video.  On the Raiders third down play before the first field goal in overtime.  Why is that not grounding?

There was a reciever in that direction. That will never be called.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2021, 10:06:56 pm »

It should be pointed out in the game last year Miami was flagged for far less on a big play in the fourth quarter

Not that it really matters, but I'm just curious.  Why are like 80% of your posts/threads about officiating?  Do you think that officiating is that much more important in how a game goes than things like how the teams play or do you want to be a referee when you grow up or what?  It just seems to be a really big part of your interest in the sport. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2021, 11:21:48 pm »

Not that it really matters, but I'm just curious.  Why are like 80% of your posts/threads about officiating?  Do you think that officiating is that much more important in how a game goes than things like how the teams play or do you want to be a referee when you grow up or what?  It just seems to be a really big part of your interest in the sport. 
  I report what I see.  I don't care about the percentage.  And it CAN play a huge role in the game.  And many of my posts about officiating are in response to the scatterbrained notion you guys have that Brady has had the refs in his pockets his entire career.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2021, 08:42:09 am »

I report what I see. 

Bwahahahahaha

...and you only have eyes for Brady.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2021, 08:57:27 am »

Bwahahahahaha

...and you only have eyes for Brady.

I wonder if he's ordered his Bucs jersey off Amazon Prime.   It will make a nice compliment to BuccaneerBrad.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2021, 10:59:10 am »

More rhetoric that is blatantly wrong from you both.  This thread is about the dolphins, not Brady

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray