Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:02:03 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  FIRE CHRIS GRIER
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: FIRE CHRIS GRIER  (Read 5089 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: September 26, 2021, 07:54:59 pm »

I don't have to explain myself or give reasons.  This is just obvious

I'd rather be lucky than good.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2021, 11:38:03 pm »

He's pissed away several high draft picks and has nothing to show for it
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2021, 01:11:18 am »

So has every GM we've had for twenty years.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2021, 08:33:57 am »

Seems to be a lot of support for this. It certainly doesn't seem like our multiple picks are performing as well as others who only had singular picks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 08:37:47 am by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2021, 08:41:46 am »

Seems to be a lot of support for this. It certainly doesn't seem like our multiple picks are performing as well as others who only had singular picks.

Not to mention guys they passed on are kicking ass for other teams.   
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2021, 08:58:15 am »

Grier is fine, but please, cry harder about it.  Wah.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2021, 09:10:11 am »

I wouldn't fire him now but if we end the seaosn with 6 wins and our draft picks all suck except for Waddle, then yeah. He has whiffed on a lot of free agent picks and draft picks, wasting the once in a lifetime gift from Bill O'Brien.

I loved the tanking plan but so far it is not looking to be executed well. Still time but I am moving towards pessimism now.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2021, 09:10:33 am »

This guy is the singular consistent in the Dolphins organization for the last 21 yrs.

From his website bio:
Chris Grier enters his 22nd season with the Miami Dolphins and sixth as the club's general manager. Grier was appointed general manager on Jan. 4, 2016 after spending the previous nine years as the team's director of college scouting. As of Dec. 31, 2018, he oversees all football operations. Prior to that, Grier oversaw the draft, both college and pro personnel departments and all scouting efforts.

Dude has overseen College scouting, how the fock has that turned during his tenure as scout?  Let's be honest.  Can you name me 8-10 high-performing draft picks that he's been responsible for?

He escaped the Adam Gase debacle by the skin of his teeth and what has he shown for it?  Like someone said earlier in another post, HOU basically gifted us those picks.  And this past Draft, he gets cute with some of our draft capital and wheels and deals with Philly and SF.  SF is gonna have a decent season IMO and probably finish better than us

Dammit. He needs to go.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2021, 09:48:52 am »

Grier is fine, but please, cry harder about it.  Wah.

Is that you, Chris?

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2021, 09:56:54 am »

How did I not know Grier was with us for 22 years? And 6th as GM? I thought the tank season was his first, was he part of that Co-GM nonsense structure we used to have?
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2021, 10:44:36 am »

I'm not saying this in defense of Grier, but more as a general comment about football fans.  I would think that a lot of fans of any team not in the top 10 of NFL organizations are probably all saying things like "Get rid of the GM, get rid of the coach" or some other combination of individuals who are thought to be the root of the fans' misery. 
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2021, 10:46:26 am »

How did I not know Grier was with us for 22 years? And 6th as GM? I thought the tank season was his first, was he part of that Co-GM nonsense structure we used to have?

Yes, he was part of the co-GM thing.  Should have been gone when Gase was canned. Should have made a clean break and started over with a clean slate.  

If you have a business, and you're in charge of evaluating the workers, picking the workers, etc and those workers don't perform to the level that is expected, wouldn't you be responsible for that?Huh
« Last Edit: September 27, 2021, 10:50:18 am by hordman » Logged

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2021, 10:54:07 am »

Yes, he was part of the co-GM thing.  Should have been gone when Gase was canned. Should have made a clean break and started over with a clean slate.  

If you have a business, and you're in charge of evaluating the workers, picking the workers, etc and those workers don't perform to the level that is expected, wouldn't be responsible for that?Huh

He just gets too cute for his own good, thinking everyone is expendable. That trade down for the #3 pick is worse as time goes by, and it's not a good thing to walk away from all of your free agent pickups the following year. It's good to admit you made a mistake and walk away but it's even better to not make that mistake in the first place.

Firing a GM mid-season is pointless unless you are like 2-12, but he should be let go if they don't make the playoffs. Our free agency this offseason was all about depth until Fuller fell into our laps, did not address the need for a pass rusher. Just a lot of missed opportunities.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2021, 02:24:03 pm »

the Dolphins are only three games into the season, so the "Fire Chris Grier" chant is a bit premature IMO.  I expected some sub par play the first couple games with the new rookies, I didn't expect Tua to get knocked out, or the line to play as awful as it did against Buffalo; but there's a long way to go.  Miami started worse last year and turned it around, and I expect the same this year.  If Miami fails to make the playoffs then it's time for Grier to go.
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2021, 04:34:27 pm »

Look, I'm not trying to get into the whole who's right, who's wrong, etc.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions.  But the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

They have not addressed, or should I say corrected the OL play.  It's poor at best.  They've drafted guys of course, but they definitely are not coming along to the play we would like to see. 

Chris Grier is responsible for this.  How can you say that he is not?

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray