Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:22:40 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  It could be worse
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: It could be worse  (Read 1390 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: October 05, 2021, 12:19:10 pm »

You could be the Jacksonville Jaguars.  0-4 and now your coach may not survive his first season.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32342897/jacksonville-jaguars-owner-shad-khan-urban-meyer-regain-our-trust-respect-inexcusable-conduct
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 12:25:02 pm »

Like Saban, he will need to go back to college to repair his reputation. I don't think he will have Saban's success but he can repair it if the Jags let him go after this season.

Should've known things weren't going to work out the second they drafted a RB in the 1st round.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 12:41:59 pm »

However, if you look at the big picture, Jacksonville wins

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 01:33:45 pm »

I love that the owner publicly called him out. "he must regain our trust and respect"

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 01:58:31 pm »

I love that the owner publicly called him out. "he must regain our trust and respect"

What's worse is a player who requested anonymity said that Meyer now has "zero credibility in the locker room"
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2021, 03:18:47 pm »

What's worse is a player who requested anonymity said that Meyer now has "zero credibility in the locker room"

Well, the team has zero credibility on the field  Grin

Jokes aside, it looks like the team is more pissed that Meyer canceled the Monday meetings to deal with this personal matter. I just found about all this drama today, was it really just Urban drunk in a bar while some younger woman danced near him or am I missing something else?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2021, 03:39:31 pm »

He stayed in Ohio after the game instead of working on the game plan for the next week. If anyone need to be worried about trying to win a game it would be him. According to Joe rose he doesn't know of any other coach who did not return with team and coaches.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2021, 03:48:27 pm »

I think things are being blown out of proportion. BUT this is the NFL, you don't stay behind to visit with family unless there is a death or big illness, which would mean you wouldn't be out at some bar.  He set a bad example for the players, they wouldn't be able to do that, nor should he.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2021, 03:53:29 pm »

He stayed in Ohio after the game instead of working on the game plan for the next week. If anyone need to be worried about trying to win a game it would be him. According to Joe rose he doesn't know of any other coach who did not return with team and coaches.

That sounds like a guy who realized he bit off more than he could chew and he misses the friendly confines of a state he is regarded as a hero in. I know things get  overblown in sports and I like to see the whole picture, but not traveling with your NEW team after going 0-4 so you can get drunk in a bar? That's really not good. If he wasn't such a high profile signing, he probably would've been fired for that.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2021, 06:40:22 pm »

"The ownership of this team is with the players". Urban said on his weekly radio show which he probably shouldn't have and focus 100% on football. That is not something he should be saying now as it sounds like shifting all the blame to the players.

Assuming the Titans beta them pretty badly next week, that means we will face the Jags in London as they go 0-6. If we somehow turn it around and demolish them, they might just leave him in London.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2021, 08:07:57 pm »

Terrible optics for sure.one point of clarification about "some bar" though, he owns the establishment.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray