Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:20:44 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Will Fuller to Injured Reserve
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Will Fuller to Injured Reserve  (Read 3461 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2021, 04:00:09 pm »

Flores says he isn't sure if Fuller will play on Sunday, offering no positive updates as far as I saw.

If true, I think we need to accept that they have some kind of unspoken agreement to let Will sit out the rest of the season for personal reasons. No one misses at least 8 weeks with a broken finger. He already missed his first game this year due to personal reasons and that was probably a bad omen.

Parker looks to miss Sunday's game as well but that's probably because he is a giant pussy too and not a serious injury.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2021, 08:53:13 pm »

Flores says he isn't sure if Fuller will play on Sunday, offering no positive updates as far as I saw.

If true, I think we need to accept that they have some kind of unspoken agreement to let Will sit out the rest of the season for personal reasons. No one misses at least 8 weeks with a broken finger. He already missed his first game this year due to personal reasons and that was probably a bad omen.

Parker looks to miss Sunday's game as well but that's probably because he is a giant pussy too and not a serious injury.

Even if the Dolphins replace them with the worst receivers in football next year, please just flush those two turds out of the organization next year so we don't have to smell their Vagisil wafting from the inactive list every week.  Thank God Shula that they only signed Fragile Fuller for one year.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2021, 01:16:49 am »

Broken finger, what a wuss.  Put a little splint on it, wrap some tape around, and get on the field.  If he was a high school player he would be out there.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2021, 02:32:12 pm »

Fuller is out again today, his 8th straight missed game with a broken finger. Beat writers are reporting that he isn't even seen at Dolphins facilities, he is basically off the team at this point. Not a huge surprise to anyone paying attention. He is a headcase and we unofficially cut ties with him.

He will maybe get a 1 year deal for $2 Million non-guaranteed next offseason.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2021, 03:31:58 pm »

Fuller is out again today, his 8th straight missed game with a broken finger. Beat writers are reporting that he isn't even seen at Dolphins facilities, he is basically off the team at this point. Not a huge surprise to anyone paying attention. He is a headcase and we unofficially cut ties with him.

He will maybe get a 1 year deal for $2 Million non-guaranteed next offseason.

So, the whole financial aspect of contracts kind of evades me.  With Fuller essentially off the team as you said, what benefit is there for the Dolphins to not just cut him and replace him with any warm body that is healthy enough to at least take the field if multiple receivers go down in a game? 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2021, 03:42:48 pm »

So, the whole financial aspect of contracts kind of evades me.  With Fuller essentially off the team as you said, what benefit is there for the Dolphins to not just cut him and replace him with any warm body that is healthy enough to at least take the field if multiple receivers go down in a game? 

Maybe they are collecting insurance money because he is injured? Will gets paid and Miami doesn't have to dish out? That's what happens in baseball a lot.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2021, 03:58:14 pm »

Maybe they are collecting insurance money because he is injured? Will gets paid and Miami doesn't have to dish out? That's what happens in baseball a lot.

Beats me, but that makes as much sense as anything.  Thanks for the answer!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2021, 05:40:42 am »

^ Veterans in the NFL have their base salaries automatically guaranteed if they are on the roster for game 1 of the season. It's a one-time deal, so a vet can only claim the full bar salary once in his career.

Additionally, Fuller's contact is $10 million signing bonus plus $1 million guaranteed, so it's not like there's much to save anyway.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2021, 07:26:58 am »

^ Veterans in the NFL have their base salaries automatically guaranteed if they are on the roster for game 1 of the season. It's a one-time deal, so a vet can only claim the full bar salary once in his career.

Additionally, Fuller's contact is $10 million signing bonus plus $1 million guaranteed, so it's not like there's much to save anyway.

No one on the team had less of a financial incentive to play this season than Will Fuller.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2021, 08:07:58 am »

No one on the team had less of a financial incentive to play this season than Will Fuller.

So then, why not just cut him for a roster spot? He is not helping the team in any way and I can't imagine his attitude is good either as he essentially quit on the team.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2021, 08:43:06 am »

So then, why not just cut him for a roster spot? He is not helping the team in any way and I can't imagine his attitude is good either as he essentially quit on the team.

Yes!  That is kind of where I was going with my comment/question.  Not only is he taking up a roster spot, but if Flores is trying to establish a culture of accountability and toughness, Fuller is not exactly the kind of example you want wandering around the facility all week for young players to see.  Same goes for Parker. 
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2021, 09:46:49 pm »

Miami doesn't have much cap space left for this year, so they can't go out get anybody that would make a difference.  Fuller is fully paid so cutting him would allow another team to pick him up, for example the Patriots, just to get some knowledge about our playbook.

Miami would be better off throwing their three TE's out there, it would be nice if Long got on the field since a top draft pick was used on him.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2021, 09:50:54 pm »

Miami doesn't have much cap space left for this year, so they can't go out get anybody that would make a difference.  Fuller is fully paid so cutting him would allow another team to pick him up, for example the Patriots, just to get some knowledge about our playbook.

Miami would be better off throwing their three TE's out there, it would be nice if Long got on the field since a top draft pick was used on him.

Hadn't thought about the fact that they don't have much cap money right now so that makes sense. 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2021, 12:15:08 pm »

Will Fuller will not play Sunday against the Giants. At this point, you are a conspiracy theorist if you think this is about his finger.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2021, 12:16:10 pm »

Why even keep talking about the guy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray