Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:48:57 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  This Is A Waiting Period
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: This Is A Waiting Period  (Read 5198 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: October 10, 2021, 05:56:09 pm »

Every week we seem to get worse and everyone knows this is going to be a 3-4 win season unless something happens, so we are waiting for that. That something is firing coaches and it has to happen tomorrow. Our coaching has been an abomination. We won 10 games last year and in many ways were better than our record, so we add Jaylen Waddle and another 2nd round OT and we are worse than the Jets. That doesn't add up so you have to look at other places for the issue and it has to be the coaching.

Our co-OC experiment is a disaster and Flores no longer gets the guys motivated, even the defense is awful. I'm not anticipating Flores getting the axe tomorrow but if someone doesn't then we might give the Jaguars their first win of the season.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 06:24:37 pm »

This team is on life support and as a Doctor, I would call this patient clinically dead.

You hit the nail on the head, Flores doesn't motivate these players and any words he has are falling on deaf ears.  Guys we thought were cornerstones, are actually quitting on the team.  Xavien Howard is a glaring example.  I give 2-shits what he did in the NE game.  Dude gices zero focks what this team is doing or wins.  Dude was smoked several times today.  Baker has become a liability in the passing game, can't cover an RB to save his life. Secondary is being burnt consistently and there were gaping holes were guys caught passes

Still don't understand why Reid Sinett didn't start today. you WEREN"T winning this game with Brissett under center.  At least give Reid the chance with Tua coming back next week.  The score may or may not been the same, but at least there would have been excitement back there.

So many problems and holes with this team.  Such a shame, especially with all the hope this season might bring.  The day after game 17, Chris Grier should be fired. 

You could hire one of the commentators on here and we would have a 50/50 shot at doing well.  Fock he's awful

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 06:33:20 pm »

^^^

I think it's all coaching except for the effort of Xavien. Baker is a good player and now he sucks. Now EVERYONE sucks. We keep playing musical chairs with the O-Line, took until Week 5 to realize we need to throw the ball longer than 2 feet. No pass rush whatsoever. Firing the OC's is an acknowledgement that things aren't working. If Flores comes out today or tomorrow and says that they need to keep grinding to turn it around, he is 100% gone at the end of the year and the Eagles are sitting pretty.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2021, 04:44:49 am »

The crunch has got to come if we manage to lose to the Jags, or either of the Jets games. Someone is going to get fired, and the worse it gets the higher up it goes...

The defense basically switched off this week, it's a sign the coaches have lost them. That's the best part of this team, and it's mentally checked out.

I can see Flores making Xavien an example right now and shop him around for a draft pick to save his own ass, but if we drop games to the awful Jets then it doesn't matter anyway and it's all over red rover.

Ross has shown himself to be loyal but equally clueless until it gets so diabolically bad that something just has to be done. I've heard the natives are already not showing up to the home games, if that isn't setting off alarm bells to Flores and Grier they are equally clueless and deserve what's coming to them.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2021, 08:59:10 am »

Fuck Xavian. They should have never reworked his contract. His contract should have been evaluated at the end of this year to see if he continued his success. Lots of games left, but his play up to this point leaves much to be desired. His play is not worth his old contract, much less his reworked one.

We have 2 of the highest paid CBs in the league and they're both getting lit up like a joint backstage at a Willie Nelson concert. So sick of this shit show

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2021, 09:14:01 am »

Fuck Xavian. They should have never reworked his contract. His contract should have been evaluated at the end of this year to see if he continued his success. Lots of games left, but his play up to this point leaves much to be desired. His play is not worth his old contract, much less his reworked one.

We have 2 of the highest paid CBs in the league and they're both getting lit up like a joint backstage at a Willie Nelson concert. So sick of this shit show

He's a fockin joke.  I know for a fact in the Bills game, he watched a WR (Diggs IIRC) fall down that he was covering, stood there, allowed the guy to get up and come back to the ball for a TD

Fock him, seriously fock him and his beard as well

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 09:29:01 am »

Every week we seem to get worse and everyone knows this is going to be a 3-4 win season unless something happens, so we are waiting for that. That something is firing coaches and it has to happen tomorrow. Our coaching has been an abomination. We won 10 games last year and in many ways were better than our record, so we add Jaylen Waddle and another 2nd round OT and we are worse than the Jets. That doesn't add up so you have to look at other places for the issue and it has to be the coaching.

Our co-OC experiment is a disaster and Flores no longer gets the guys motivated, even the defense is awful. I'm not anticipating Flores getting the axe tomorrow but if someone doesn't then we might give the Jaguars their first win of the season.

The play-calling setup was changed before this game and I didn't really have a huge problem with the game plan on offense.

Xavian Howard is one of the best cover corners in the league, but crossing routes is definitely his biggest weakness.

Our performance last year was in large part due to the NFL-leading number of takeaways. That isn't happening this year, for whatever reason, and the overall performance is suffering for it. I don't think we were in any way better than our record last year. Rather, the takeaways covered for a team that was severely struggling in several areas and those haven't been fixed (mainly offensive line).

The Bucs are just a horrible matchup for us, so I'm not as pessimistic as some, but playoffs are looking extremely unlikely.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2021, 10:26:48 am »

The play-calling setup was changed before this game and I didn't really have a huge problem with the game plan on offense.
I don't watch every game, but our offense seems to be one of the worst in the league. Whether it's the game plan, coaching, multi headed OCs, or mentally week players doesn't matter. What matters is we suck. 3 yard passes won't cut it.

Howard is one of the best cover corners in the league, but crossing routes is definitely his biggest weakness.
He's not as good as people say he is. My belief is that his play last year was an anomaly. He's been burned several times and had several penalties.

Our performance last year was in large part due to the NFL-leading number of takeaways. That isn't happening this year, for whatever reason, and the overall performance is suffering for it. I don't think we were in any way better than our record last year. Rather, the takeaways covered for a team that was severely struggling in several areas and those haven't been fixed (mainly offensive line).

The Bucs are just a horrible matchup for us, so I'm not as pessimistic as some, but playoffs are looking extremely unlikely.
Playoffs? Did you say playoffs? LMAO, fuck man I'd just like to be competitive for 4 quarters on a consistent basis.

hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2021, 01:19:25 pm »

Xavian Howard is one of the best cover corners in the league, but crossing routes is definitely his biggest weakness.

I have to respectfully disagree.  He's been getting torched even on 9-routes, he's not the elite player like he's getting paid

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2021, 02:02:46 pm »

So.........no one got fired. As terrible as we are, we should probably still beat Jacksonville and coaches never get fired after wins midseason so is there a rock bottom that we are waiting for or are we just going to address the coaching after a 4-13 season?
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2021, 02:54:31 pm »

I don't know that I would fire anyone right now. I think most people think we are better than we have played but we have nose dived for some reason. If Flores and company figure it out and turn it around then I don't have to reset everything next year. If they don't then I'm just in the same position and push reset in December or January. Lot's a football left.

With that said if we give Urban Meyer his first win then all bets are off!! hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2021, 03:27:37 pm »

I don't know that I would fire anyone right now. I think most people think we are better than we have played but we have nose dived for some reason. If Flores and company figure it out and turn it around then I don't have to reset everything next year. If they don't then I'm just in the same position and push reset in December or January. Lot's a football left.

With that said if we give Urban Meyer his first win then all bets are off!! hahaha

To me, our problems are 100% coaching, especially our OCs. Because of that, I don't see us turning it around unless we fire some people. We may not be Superbowl contenders, but we did have a Top 3 defensive unit last year, no realistic reason for us to be last now other than coaching.

If we do lose to the Jags, and it's certainly possible because it is a weird travel game, then we won't be firing anyone if it isn't done the next day. At that point, our new favorite team is whoever is playing the Niners. Let's hope our new GM will do a better job with the draft picks.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2021, 03:09:29 pm »

First time I heard about this, but Tua's trainer was on Twitter Sunday after another blowout loss and said that "Flores is hard to even talk to" and "How much harder do you think he is to play for?". He even said that Flores has lost the locker room. Now, this is just Tua's trainer and I have yet to see anyone else saying this, but where there is smoke there is fire. The real issue is that he isn't just Tua's trainer, but also trains Will Fuller and several other players. So, he might be an unofficial PR person for the players right now.

The tweets have now been deleted but it happened. I've said this elsewhere but players only play for the hard asses when they win, that's why Bill Belichick was doing whatever he wanted. 4 straight losses and several blowouts? That's the players tuning you out.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2021, 04:29:21 pm »

I have no idea why but rumors of him having "lost" the players have been swirling for a few weeks. They have brought it up on Joe rose as a rumor several times now and i know it was at least a week or two prior to his tweets.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2021, 10:51:08 pm »

We've been waiting since realignment. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray