Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 07:41:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  FIRE CHRIS GRIER
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: FIRE CHRIS GRIER  (Read 5087 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2021, 03:42:28 pm »

I can't complain about the RB draft in 2021.   At 18, none of the top RBs had come off the board.  MIA was on track to get Williams, but DEN traded up; if MIA had traded up to get Williams earlier, I would not have been happy.  It is what it is.

The Dolphins ended up with Safety Jevon Holland too and he is doing very well so far.

Our RBs have done an admirable job for the most part, especially last week. No reason to waste a high pick on an RB when half the time they are tackled behind the line of scrimmage anyway. It's the O-Line and QB play hurting the running game, not the lack of RB talent.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2021, 04:01:13 pm »

You jest, but in terms of picking players, I think you're exactly correct.  If you just drafted the best guy on the big board on ESPN for positions of need, you'd be just a good a GM as anyone else.  I think it's the other parts of their job, like staffing and contracts and whatever else that really earns their money.
Don't we have someone else who is our bean counter for contracts? I know we used to have someone that did that. Seems like that used to be Dawn Aponte's role.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 04:09:16 pm »

I can't complain about the RB draft in 2021.   At 18, none of the top RBs had come off the board.  MIA was on track to get Williams, but DEN traded up; if MIA had traded up to get Williams earlier, I would not have been happy.  It is what it is.

I agree 100% with that. 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2021, 09:25:02 am »

One of my neighbors who's one of those not a sports fan, but will live and die by the local sports teams, has recently told me that she went to Highschool with Chris Grier. She went on and on about what a great guy he is, and how proud she is of him etc... I just nodded and smiled. Threw in a "that's cool" here and there.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2021, 05:01:02 pm »

One of my neighbors who's one of those not a sports fan, but will live and die by the local sports teams, has recently told me that she went to Highschool with Chris Grier. She went on and on about what a great guy he is, and how proud she is of him etc... I just nodded and smiled. Threw in a "that's cool" here and there.
Kind of awkward huh? hahaha

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2021, 08:57:29 am »

Since I'm about 30 minutes or so from Gillette Stadium I truly am behind enemy lines, and she made a point about how the Patsies are right in my backyard.  Conversation started out like I still can't believe you're a Dolphins fan. They're so awful, but Chris will make them better. I was like, I have to tell TDMMC about this.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray