Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:43:59 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders coach after leaked emails
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Jon Gruden resigns as Raiders coach after leaked emails  (Read 6690 times)
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2021, 02:10:50 pm »

Goodell had the emails leaked because he doesn't like Gruden, and he hates the Raiders.
If Gruden can prove the leaks were intentional, he may have grounds for this suit. If the NFL was running the investigation and discovered Gruden's emails, then the NFL is responsible for keeping them secure since they have nothing to do with the actual investigation. I mean after all these years how could it not be intentional. Whether it was the NFL or a rogue employee, the NFL is responsible either way. They need to be held accountable. Goodell needs to go, Gruden was right, he is a pussy...

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2021, 04:38:09 pm »

If Gruden can prove the leaks were intentional, he may have grounds for this suit. If the NFL was running the investigation and discovered Gruden's emails, then the NFL is responsible for keeping them secure since they have nothing to do with the actual investigation. I mean after all these years how could it not be intentional. Whether it was the NFL or a rogue employee, the NFL is responsible either way. They need to be held accountable. Goodell needs to go, Gruden was right, he is a pussy...

Jon Gruden just filed suit for this exact thing against the NFL and Roger Goodell. I always say I have a Twitter law degree but if the NFL and Roger have to turn over all communications and this turns out to be true, Roger is done and Gruden is going to get 10x what he lost.

The skeptic in me makes me think they will settle out of court because if this is true, it can't come to light and neither can any of those other 650,000 emails. I'm sure those are damaging to many people and the Owners will force the league's hand.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2021, 06:16:55 pm »

^^^ Funny that none of the other 650,000 emails were made public, and the NFL quickly closed the case against Washington.  Gruden's lawyers have a good case to get the NFL to turn over the rest of the 650,000 emails to show the NFL DID seek to publicly embarrass him and get him fired, or forced to quit.  So you're probably right, the NFL will settle out of court about 5 years from now.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2021, 07:20:25 pm »

^^^ Funny that none of the other 650,000 emails were made public, and the NFL quickly closed the case against Washington.  Gruden's lawyers have a good case to get the NFL to turn over the rest of the 650,000 emails to show the NFL DID seek to publicly embarrass him and get him fired, or forced to quit.  So you're probably right, the NFL will settle out of court about 5 years from now.

Kind of makes you think that Goodell never was investigating Washington at all. Maybe it was all because he didn't like being rightfully called a "pussy" by Gruden and needed a plausible reason to leak the emails. Maybe, Gruden's emails were the only emails they ever had possession of. Maybe those other 650,000 emails don't even exist in the context they portray. But then again, I don't like all that conspiracy theory shit. Interesting to see how it plays out.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2021, 06:39:44 am »

Jon Gruden just filed suit for this exact thing against the NFL and Roger Goodell. I always say I have a Twitter law degree but if the NFL and Roger have to turn over all communications and this turns out to be true, Roger is done and Gruden is going to get 10x what he lost.

The skeptic in me makes me think they will settle out of court because if this is true, it can't come to light and neither can any of those other 650,000 emails. I'm sure those are damaging to many people and the Owners will force the league's hand.

Fuck the owners.  A court may force the league's hand.   Sources close to the situation say that the emails contain evidence 100 times worse than what Gruden said.  Gruden went after Goodell, and now Goodell has organized a witch hunt. 
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2021, 11:05:55 am »

Pretty ballsy move by Gruden to go on the offensive considering the kind of stuff that was in his emails.  I would have thought he would go into silent mode and let the dust setttle for quite a while after all that came out.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2021, 11:53:29 am »

Pretty ballsy move by Gruden to go on the offensive considering the kind of stuff that was in his emails.  I would have thought he would go into silent mode and let the dust setttle for quite a while after all that came out.

I agree.

I know Gruden has his supporters, but this makes him look worse, in my opinion.  Instead of showing remorse, he's putting the blame on outing those that exposed his behavior.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2021, 03:59:51 pm »

I agree.

I know Gruden has his supporters, but this makes him look worse, in my opinion.  Instead of showing remorse, he's putting the blame on outing those that exposed his behavior.

This is about money, very likely. He had a very long term and lucrative contract and by resigning, he probably forfeited that. Very likely, he did so knowing this step would be next. I'm sure Gruden will sound like Mother Teresa compared to what else is on those emails. Goodell is going to regret this.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2021, 04:27:29 pm »

This is about money, very likely. He had a very long term and lucrative contract and by resigning, he probably forfeited that. Very likely, he did so knowing this step would be next. I'm sure Gruden will sound like Mother Teresa compared to what else is on those emails. Goodell is going to regret this.

Why would discovery compel disclosure of any emails unrelated to Gruden and his specific claims?
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2021, 04:58:40 pm »

Why would discovery compel disclosure of any emails unrelated to Gruden and his specific claims?

I agree with you in theory, but I don't see why Gruden would voluntarily resign or why he would file suit if there was no plan to expose those emails. I'm kinda playing the man and not the hand on this one.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2021, 07:36:12 pm »

Because Gruden wasn't being investigated and only his emails were leaked. Leaks by nature are intentional and whether it was the NFL, Goodell, or a rogue employee, the NFL is responsible either way. It won't matter much though, I'm sure it will be settled well before Gruden's lawyer ever sniffs the inside a courtroom.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2021, 11:14:32 pm »

I don't understand how one can sue for being "forced" to resign.
If Gruden thought he had a case, he should have made Mark Davis fire him.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2021, 08:47:42 am »

Just because Gruden's e-mails were leaked doesn't mean the NFL was responsible for the leak. Could have just as well been someone from the Washington football team that leaked the e-mails which would explain why only Gruden's e-mails were leaked.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2021, 09:10:24 am »

Regardless of who leaked the emails, what is the cause of action?  He made racist comments.  Someone revealed he made racist comments. 

Unless there was a protective order on the confidentiality of discovery absolutely nothing improper occurred.  . 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #59 on: December 14, 2021, 08:25:43 pm »

Congress voted to have all of the emails and other documents released. Dan Snyder was trying to fight this and I'm sure Goodell was happy to have it go away but that isn't going to happen now unless the NFL wants to sue and risk their cushy standing.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray