Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:09:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  7 Point Favorites Against the Texans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 7 Point Favorites Against the Texans  (Read 792 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: November 01, 2021, 02:08:14 pm »

They are also terrible and on a 7 game losing streak. To be honest, this is about who has given up the least.

If you guys remember, I am always the one rooting for us to tank for draft picks when the season is lost so this year is horrible for me since we don't have our own 1st rounder. I know how the Texans fans felt last year and even though 4-13 doesn't mean much, I will set fires if we hand over the #1 pick to the Eagles by being the worst team in the league.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2021, 02:26:24 pm »

It matters in round 2 and so on though.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2021, 02:36:09 pm »

It matters in round 2 and so on though.

We don't have a 3rd rounder either, gave it to the Giants to move up and take Liam. It does matter for the 2nd rounder but I would rather pick 43rd than 33rd just so the Eagles don't pick #1.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2021, 03:35:16 pm »

We don't have a 3rd rounder either, gave it to the Giants to move up and take Liam. It does matter for the 2nd rounder but I would rather pick 43rd than 33rd just so the Eagles don't pick #1.
LOL ... isn't that like biting off your nose to spite your face? I get it if it was the Jets, Bills, or Patriots but why the Eagles other than their fans are arses?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2021, 03:43:23 pm »

LOL ... isn't that like biting off your nose to spite your face? I get it if it was the Jets, Bills, or Patriots but why the Eagles other than their fans are arses?

Purely out of emotional anger, there is no logical or football reasoning for it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2021, 01:03:31 pm »

Purely out of emotional anger, there is no logical or football reasoning for it.

Just root for San Fran to end up worse than us.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2021, 01:09:00 pm »

Just root for San Fran to end up worse than us.

If you think Miami is going to win 9+ games this year (SF wins 10), that might be possible.

...I just don't see Miami winning anywhere near 9 games this season.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2021, 01:16:18 pm »

If you think Miami is going to win 9+ games this year (SF wins 10), that might be possible.

...I just don't see Miami winning anywhere near 9 games this season.

Niners won't win 10 games if you count the preseason too. They will still be much better than Miami whose ceiling is 3 wins if they stick with Flores until the end.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 03:47:21 pm »

Well the Texans are starting Tyrod Taylor, who has a 4-2 record against Miami, so it may be a good idea to take Houston and the points.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2021, 03:58:27 pm »

Well the Texans are starting Tyrod Taylor, who has a 4-2 record against Miami, so it may be a good idea to take Houston and the points.

I was kind of thinking the same thing.  Not that Tyrod Taylor is all that good.  But he is enough of an improvement over their rookie that I would think it would be enough to change the spread from 7 points to 3 or 4. 
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2021, 04:22:37 pm »

It's far too small a sample size to make anything of, but in terms of the metric along which the last five NFL league MVPs have finished either first or an extremely close second in the league (EPA per play), Tyrod Taylor performed at far and away a league MVP level during the snaps he took at the beginning of this year.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2021, 04:41:06 pm »

It's far too small a sample size to make anything of, but in terms of the metric along which the last five NFL league MVPs have finished either first or an extremely close second in the league (EPA per play), Tyrod Taylor performed at far and away a league MVP level during the snaps he took at the beginning of this year.

As you said yourself, "It is far too small a sample size to make anything of"
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2021, 05:13:43 pm »

As you said yourself, "It is far too small a sample size to make anything of"

Right, the far more meaningful information is that in his three years as a starter (2015-2017), of the 32 QBs in the league with at least 800 plays during that period, he performed at the average level with regard to the same metric (EPA per play).  That's what you're most likely to get out of him this weekend.  Unfortunately that probably beats the 2021 Dolphins, playing like they have.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2021, 08:46:23 pm »

Miami hasn't been able to contain a mobile QB in their entire history. I think the Texans should now be 7 point favorites.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2021, 08:25:05 pm »

I see the point spread closed to 5.5, should be a pick'em by kickoff.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray