Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:09:00 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Win/Loss Predictions for the final 9 games of the Season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Win/Loss Predictions for the final 9 games of the Season  (Read 654 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: November 03, 2021, 03:35:27 pm »

Looking ahead at Miami's remaining schedule I would predict them going 5-4, at best.  That would give them a 6 win season, well below what was predicted.  Six wins gets Grier and Flores fired.  If Flores can turn it around and go 7-2, I think they could keep their jobs.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2021, 04:39:03 pm »

Looking ahead at Miami's remaining schedule I would predict them going 5-4, at best.  That would give them a 6 win season, well below what was predicted.  Six wins gets Grier and Flores fired.  If Flores can turn it around and go 7-2, I think they could keep their jobs.

2-7 at best. We have lost to a team on a 20 game losing streak, there is no bottom. Yes, the schedule is "easier" but never discount a team giving up due to poor coaching, knowing they will probably be gone in January. This Sunday will be the test, if we lose to the terrible Texans, it's possible we run the table and go 1-16. We are far better than that but it is what it is.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2021, 06:07:32 pm »

I see something similar - the most likely scenario given the way we are playing is a maximum of 3-5 additional wins for the rest of the year.

If we drop the Houston game we could completely bomb out and go 1-16 or 2-15 for the season. Gifting the Eagles a top 3 pick should get Grier fired along with Flores.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2021, 09:50:01 am »

Hey. With a record like 1-16 Dolphins should get the number one.... Never mind.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2021, 09:55:23 am »

Hey. With a record like 1-16 Dolphins should get the number one.... Never mind.

Philadelphia is closer to me than Miami, stadium is only 2 hours away. With the #1 pick, their own pick and the Colts possible Top 10 pick, may have to adopt them for 2022 if Miami doesn't clean house. I already hate the Giants, it would be a smooth transition.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 09:58:54 am »

Philadelphia is closer to me than Miami, stadium is only 2 hours away. With the #1 pick, their own pick and the Colts possible Top 10 pick, may have to adopt them for 2022 if Miami doesn't clean house. I already hate the Giants, it would be a smooth transition.
All of that is blaspheme. Giants are my favorite NFC team.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2021, 10:01:37 am »

So you'd be going the route of TommyNoleFin the traitor?   SMH
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2021, 10:55:45 am »

So you'd be going the route of TommyNoleFin the traitor?   SMH

If Miami rolls into 2022 with Grier and Flores, there is no season for them. They will start 0-7 and then be fired and it will have been too late. In that case, I will take a break from Miami ebcause at that point, who cares? Then, I will lightheartedly follow along with the Eagles and see how our draft pick develops.

If by some miracle Miami is not as awful in 2022 with the same regime, then great. I will be happy, but that is a fantasy at this point.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2021, 03:27:25 pm »

Yeah I'm an equidistance away from Philly, Buffalo, and Giants Stadium, so Philly is on my list of teams I would switch to if Miami trades Tua and gives up a bunch of draft picks to Houston for Watson.  It would just be tough to become a fan for a team where the spectators threw snowballs at Santa Claus.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray