Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 02:09:55 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Yes, I have another question about a possible loophole in the rules
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Yes, I have another question about a possible loophole in the rules  (Read 3035 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2021, 12:02:18 pm »

I should just go ahead and shave my head, but I'm not a quitter like so much of the hair on the top of my head.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2021, 12:07:46 pm »

I should just go ahead and shave my head, but I'm not a quitter like so much of the hair on the top of my head.

Honestly, I only shave my head because I'm a heavily tattooed, very serious weightlifter so the shaved head creates a persona that allows me to walk around big cities and not be bugged by homeless people asking for money.   LOL 
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2021, 12:45:00 pm »

And that's not a look that I could pull off. I'd probably look more like a serial killer than a big tough biker.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2021, 12:48:11 pm »

And that's not a look that I could pull off. I'd probably look more like a serial killer than a big tough biker.

I totally understand.  When I first met my wife I had a full head of blonde hair, was athletic but not a bodybuilder and I had no tattoos.  So she always jokingly tells me that she never has to worry about me leaving her for another woman because no other woman would want me with the way I look now.    Grin
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2021, 12:49:58 pm »

HA! LOL.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2021, 12:59:54 pm »

1) Whether this tactic is legal.  Spider's link does not answer this question, actually.  Jackson was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct.  The clock had run out.  There was no tactic involved with Jackson.
WTF are you talking about?  There were NO FLAGS on that play!

Jackson ran horizontally down the goal line to waste time and make sure the clock was expired before scoring.  That's what I was referring to, but apparently even this extremely simple play eluded your grasp.

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2021, 01:38:42 pm »

WTF are you talking about?  There were NO FLAGS on that play!

Jackson ran horizontally down the goal line to waste time and make sure the clock was expired before scoring.  That's what I was referring to, but apparently even this extremely simple play eluded your grasp.

You do realize who you are arguing with there, right?   LOL   Best of luck to you. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2021, 07:36:05 pm »

MY MISTAKE

I clicked on the link, and thought I recognized the play and mistakenly thought a flag for unsportsmanlike conduct was thrown after the play.  I didn't watch it until the end.  I was confusing it with another play.

I can admit when I am in the wrong, unlike most people on this site.

So, that gets to the point. Alford COULD have stood there for as long he was able to, but the risk is that a penalty is committed.  This happened in the video, which should have negated Jackson's touchdown.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2021, 07:41:31 pm »

Also, stinkfish it is UNSEASONABLY warm right now

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2021, 08:27:19 pm »

Everyone, I would like you to please notice this OBSERVATION OF FACT:

At the indicated timecode on the video I linked above, you can see that a member of the New York Giants organization CLEARLY steps on the sideline during the play.  This is indisputable fact.

You can also see in the official NFL rule book that the indicated area is SPECIFICALLY designated for "CHAIN CREW AND OFFICIALS ONLY".

By definition, this foul, combined with members of the Eagles leaving the sideline area before the conclusion of the play, means that this punt should have been re-kicked due to offsetting penalties.  As we also know, had the Giants won this game, they certainly would have defeated the Packers in the playoffs and not lost to them by 4 touchdowns like they did exactly one week after this play.

So in conclusion, Super Bowl XLV is null and void, and Aaron Rodgers has never won a championship.

Thank you for your consideration.

stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2021, 08:21:07 am »

Also, stinkfish it is UNSEASONABLY warm right now
Oh I know. Yesterday was nice. But the other day when I posted that it was in the low 30's with a wind chill of ice age. Awful.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2021, 08:56:50 am »

Everyone, I would like you to please notice this OBSERVATION OF FACT:

At the indicated timecode on the video I linked above, you can see that a member of the New York Giants organization CLEARLY steps on the sideline during the play.  This is indisputable fact.

You can also see in the official NFL rule book that the indicated area is SPECIFICALLY designated for "CHAIN CREW AND OFFICIALS ONLY".

By definition, this foul, combined with members of the Eagles leaving the sideline area before the conclusion of the play, means that this punt should have been re-kicked due to offsetting penalties.  As we also know, had the Giants won this game, they certainly would have defeated the Packers in the playoffs and not lost to them by 4 touchdowns like they did exactly one week after this play.

So in conclusion, Super Bowl XLV is null and void, and Aaron Rodgers has never won a championship.

Thank you for your consideration.

D4L is going to respond that this is the smartest post that you have ever made here.   LOL
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2021, 10:17:38 pm »

Spider must be an Eagles Fan, right?  Or maybe a Giants fan.  I mean, the standard on this board is that if you argue a call, you must be a fan of the team you are arguing in favor for.  Oh wait, that only applies to me.   

The Packers and Giants both finished the season 10-6.  The Packers earned the sixth seed.

If the Giants had won this game, THEY would have made the playoffs.

Anyway, more on Super Bowl 51.

I think the key play nobody talks about with the second and one play when it was 28-9.  The Falcons called for a handoff.  They were stuffed.  The play was also called back for offensive holding.  

If you watch the play, if Matt Ryan had simply audibled a quarterback sneak and charged forward, he likely gets the first down.

So much stupidity from Atlanta in that game.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 10:20:52 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2021, 12:16:36 am »

If NYG had won that game, they would have finished as NFC East champs at 11-5 and PHI would have finished 9-7 (out of the playoffs).  Instead, they both finished 10-6 and PHI won the division on tiebreakers.

To continue this hypothetical, the seeding would have changed from:

#1 ATL (13-3)
#2 CHI (11-5)
#3 PHI (10-6)
#4 SEA (7-9)
#5 NO (11-5)
#6 GB (10-6)

to:

#1 ATL (13-3)
#2 NYG (11-5) (head to head over CHI)
#3 CHI (11-5)
#4 SEA (7-9)
#5 NO (11-5)
#6 GB (10-6)

WC round would be GB @ CHI (which GB ended up winning in the NFCCG) and NO @ SEA (Beast Quake game).
Divisional would be GB @ ATL (which GB won) and SEA @ NYG (NYG won this matchup in the regular season 41-7).
If NYG won, it would be GB @ NYG (GB beat NYG 45-17 one week after the play in the video).

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2021, 12:45:18 am »

So GB makes it either way. 

Interesting, my first comment was based on a comment on that YouTube link, which has 900+ likes.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray