Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 03:17:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame Of The Game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame Of The Game - Jets  (Read 2641 times)
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 21, 2021, 06:17:59 pm »

Ownership

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 08:31:20 pm »

Sanders

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 08:59:15 pm »

Sanders

Kickers shouldn't be eligible for Shame of the Game or Game Balls.  They aren't even football players. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2021, 09:04:51 pm »

Kickers shouldn't be eligible for Shame of the Game or Game Balls.  They aren't even football players. 

Yes, they are, and sadly, they have a huge effect on the game.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 09:48:37 pm »

You for making a shame of the game thread before making a game ball thread on a game we won.

I'm going to say Byron Jones for letting a rookie torch him.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 10:15:26 pm »

Yes, they are, and sadly, they have a huge effect on the game.

Nope, they are pencil necked geeks who file their toenails at practice while the football players are working hard, sweating, and being men.  As proof, I present to you  the Miami Dolphins own Garo Yepremian.  The first football game he ever played in was for the Detroit Lions in 1966.  It was also the first football game he ever saw.   If the first football game you ever see in your life is an NFL game that you are playing in, you are NOT a football player.   
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 11:50:53 pm »

I humbly submit that the NFL was a very different sport in 1966 than it is today.  You don't see players smoking at halftime, nor do they need to work another full-time job in the offseason.

I'll agree with Byron Jones for SOTG.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2021, 05:29:07 am »

Byron Jones is my choice as well. Our zero look really depends on the corners not being beat deep man-to-man. Jones didn't stumble or anything, he just bit hard on a slight fake and never recovered. Bad if you're a starting cb. Inexcusable if you're one of the highest paid cbs.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2021, 06:27:26 am »

I humbly submit that the NFL was a very different sport in 1966 than it is today.  You don't see players smoking at halftime, nor do they need to work another full-time job in the offseason.

I agree.  I heard of players turning down Pro Bowl invitations because they had to go to work.   Also, you don't see coaches fraternizing and being buddy buddy with players like you did back then.   Coaches and players don't hang out in the offseason.   If your coach contacts you in March, it's for only one reason.... to fire you.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2021, 06:47:04 am »

Byron Jones is my choice as well. Our zero look really depends on the corners not being beat deep man-to-man. Jones didn't stumble or anything, he just bit hard on a slight fake and never recovered. Bad if you're a starting cb. Inexcusable if you're one of the highest paid cbs.

It's hard to ignore Byron considering he was responsible for both the Jets passing TDs. He made a great sole bat-away the play before, but on their first TD play he directed X to cover the outside player in the zone, and then failed to to cover Crowder on the inside when he got tangled up with their TE and Roberts after the snap. Ouch.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2021, 09:14:45 am »

Oh I know, I was just trying to get D4L to jump offsides by yanking his chain a little bit because I believe he has said in the past that he was a kicker in high school.  Smiley   
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2021, 11:33:01 am »

My Shame of the Game goes to D4L for not getting to the site in time to start the SOTG thread.  He let Stinkfish beat him to it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2021, 11:36:46 am »

My Shame of the Game goes to D4L for not getting to the site in time to start the SOTG thread.  He let Stinkfish beat him to it.

If Spider-Dan had not scolded him last year for starting the SOTG thread before the game was over, D4L would be naming his SOTG after the opening kickoff.  Smiley 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2021, 01:20:06 pm »

For me, it's Steven Ross.

I can't fully grasp how we have a team that can score a TD on the opening drive most weeks, but score 19 points.  I thought that it might be that we do well with the first 20 plays script that some coaches do.  Or maybe the other team adjusts and then we can't change.

But even in a game we win, I find myself frustrated.  Even the conversation around the game makes me nuts.  People stop me and ask me if I think "Tua is the guy".  And I just don't think any of it matters.  Our owner hires uninspiring coaches, assistants, and GMs -- we run an outdated program.  So, I can't even evaluate Tua because I think don't have confidence in the coordinators, coaching strategy or drafting strategy.  The only solution to purge and start with a completely new culture would likely ruin whatever career Tua has with us anyway.

The fact that we're in the predicament to begin with points me to ownership.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2021, 04:23:38 pm »

Lol. Yeah, first time I think I've ever started a SOTG. I'm glad somebody noticed.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray