Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:11:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Imagine it wasn't Massie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Imagine it wasn't Massie  (Read 1671 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: December 06, 2021, 01:54:41 pm »

Imagine for a moment it wasn't Rep Thomas Massie who posted a picture of his family holding various guns while Oxford mourned four children killed by gun violence. 

Nope, pretend it wasn't him.

Pretend it was Rep. Iihan Omar and her family wishing everyone a happy Ramadan.    Imagine how you would have reacted to such a photo. 

Would you compare it to the photo's of ISIS families posing with guns?  Would you call for her removal from the House of Representatives?  Would you feel such a photo was in poor taste?    An insult to victims of gun violence (either domestically of those in the military in Iraq or Afghanistan)? 

-----

That photo was sick.  Period.  Full stop.  It would be equally disgusting if posted by a democrat.  But I am pretty sure if Omar was to post something like that the democrats would expel her from Congress. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2021, 02:11:50 pm »

Imagine for a moment it wasn't Rep Thomas Massie who posted a picture of his family holding various guns while Oxford mourned four children killed by gun violence. 

Nope, pretend it wasn't him.

Pretend it was Rep. Iihan Omar and her family wishing everyone a happy Ramadan.    Imagine how you would have reacted to such a photo. 

Would you compare it to the photo's of ISIS families posing with guns?  Would you call for her removal from the House of Representatives?  Would you feel such a photo was in poor taste?    An insult to victims of gun violence (either domestically of those in the military in Iraq or Afghanistan)? 

-----

That photo was sick.  Period.  Full stop.  It would be equally disgusting if posted by a democrat.  But I am pretty sure if Omar was to post something like that the democrats would expel her from Congress. 

What does one thing have to do with the other? Are you connecting dots that only reside in your mental space?

They have the right to post whatever picture they want. You have the right to be "offended" and cry about it. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, life goes on. But please proceed to push your "whacky" social agenda on TDMMC, it's surely not going to further divide people.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2021, 02:22:40 pm »

I don't think that's whacky.

We're in a weird place.  It's just not appropriate behavior -- things are crazy and uncivil in a way they used not to be.  Posing in a Christmas card with giant guns is lunatic behavior.  Those that cheer it on would certainly not cheer it on if the shoe were on the other foot.

This is in incredibly bad taste, but even moreso to release this days after another school shooting is pretty unfathomable.  I used to respectfully disagree with the opposition party but I felt like we were all playing the same game.  This is something different and lunacy is in charge.

This is the worst of us -- these people know that this stuff is bad for society, but it will help their fundraising in their districts.

I drink your milkshake!
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2021, 02:46:30 pm »

I don't think that's whacky.

We're in a weird place.  It's just not appropriate behavior -- things are crazy and uncivil in a way they used not to be.  Posing in a Christmas card with giant guns is lunatic behavior.  Those that cheer it on would certainly not cheer it on if the shoe were on the other foot.

This is in incredibly bad taste, but even moreso to release this days after another school shooting is pretty unfathomable.  I used to respectfully disagree with the opposition party but I felt like we were all playing the same game.  This is something different and lunacy is in charge.

This is the worst of us -- these people know that this stuff is bad for society, but it will help their fundraising in their districts.
Bad taste? Sure, good, great. Lunatic behavior? Nah, it's just a picture. There is absolutely no connection between the two things unless you're specifically looking for it. The fact is there is no law against bad taste and bad taste isn't unique to any political affiliation. Most stuff like this is fake outrage for a political purpose.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2021, 03:46:27 pm »

Yes, this is fake outrage for political purposes... unlike, say, hysteria over CRT, which is very sincere and real.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2021, 03:51:46 pm »

Speaking of lunatic behavior....
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2021, 05:58:41 pm »

What does one thing have to do with the other? Are you connecting dots that only reside in your mental space?

They have the right to post whatever picture they want. You have the right to be "offended" and cry about it. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, life goes on. But please proceed to push your "whacky" social agenda on TDMMC, it's surely not going to further divide people.

Massie has the right to post whatever he wants.  So does Omar.   Anyone who doesn't agree has the right to be offended and bitch about it.  Those who do agree have the right to tell the offended people to shut the fuck up.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2021, 06:25:27 pm »

Yes, this is fake outrage for political purposes... unlike, say, hysteria over CRT, which is very sincere and real.
Where's the CRT thread? Let's hop on in there and talk about it

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2021, 09:33:14 pm »

Wait, I thought you were expanding the discussion from a topic about politicians and their gun fetishes to critiques of "whacky social agendas" and their divisiveness?

But please proceed to push your "whacky" social agenda on TDMMC, it's surely not going to further divide people.

As usual, everyone needs to Stay On Topic except you.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2021, 10:32:28 am »

Wait, I thought you were expanding the discussion from a topic about politicians and their gun fetishes to critiques of "whacky social agendas" and their divisiveness?

As usual, everyone needs to Stay On Topic except you.
No one expanded anything, you're just trying to change the subject like usual.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2021, 01:57:12 pm »

The Massie photo scares me about as much as this photo does. Zero. These guys appear to be responsible gun owners and give me no fear whatsoever. I think it's odd to do a family Christmas photo with guns but I also don't care for tattoos. Fortunately I can choose not to do either.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2021, 09:16:30 am »

i might be mistaken but it looks like you equated a christmas card photo with a photo of 5 cops at a firing range
kinda strange
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2021, 09:34:31 am »

i might be mistaken but it looks like you equated a christmas card photo with a photo of 5 cops at a firing range
kinda strange
What's the difference? It's a bunch of people with firearms posted for the whole world to see.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2021, 10:18:09 am »

kinda strange
Fau ... Did you read my post because it certainly seems like you didn't. I said I get the same fear from both photos and that fear is zero! I also said I find the Christmas Card a bit odd but I don't see anything wrong with it if that's their thing.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2021, 10:36:01 am »

Not about fear. It is about decency.  I remember back when Republicans would send useless thought and prayers, handwring and claim right after a shooting is not the time to discuss gun control.  Now it has transition to posting ISIS inspired Xmas cards so they can troll the victims families even before the funeral is held.  The party of Lincoln, Eisenhower and Ronald Reagan has become the party of David Duke. Bush "compassionate conservative" is now sadistic bastard.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray