Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:49:04 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  2021 Coaching Carousel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: 2021 Coaching Carousel  (Read 5608 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2022, 07:57:22 pm »

Giants ownership gave in to the players.  Judge has been reopened of his duties

This was very surprising since it should've happened yesterday morning. Judge was an awful coach but very disrespectful to him to keep him hanging for an extra day just to fire him anyway. Ownership is a disaster but it can be a decent landing spot.

The Belichick coaching tree needs to go away forever. He does not produce head coaches, he produces assistants to help him win and that is absolutely fine but teams need to realize this by now.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2022, 03:24:58 pm »

Jags are interviewing Bill O'Brien and this team should be relegated to the ACC. Back to back worst records in the NFL and now this. You have to punish this type of incompetence.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 12:36:03 pm »

Jags are interviewing Bill O'Brien and this team should be relegated to the ACC. Back to back worst records in the NFL and now this. You have to punish this type of incompetence.

If I were them, I'd move to St. Louis or San Antonio.  The fan base is very fickle and they don't have the history that Miami and Tampa have in the state of Florida.   Plus those two cities are aching for football teams of their own.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 12:52:22 pm »

What about Miami's incompetence?  Should that be punished?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2022, 04:30:36 pm »

Texans have announced they are parting ways with David Culley after one season.   They have immediately scheduled an interview with Flores and let it be known he is their top target.  I see this as a move to keep Watson.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2022, 04:38:52 pm »

Texans have announced they are parting ways with David Culley after one season.   They have immediately scheduled an interview with Flores and let it be known he is their top target.  I see this as a move to keep Watson.
The problem with that is that Watson didn't have a problem with the Texans coaching staff from my understanding it was with ownership and that's not changing. Now maybe hiring Flores would change his mind, but I wouldn't count on it. I think those bridges are pretty well burned going both ways.

Tell you one thing if Flores does become the coach of Houston, you can forget about Miami trading Tua for Watson. LOL
« Last Edit: January 13, 2022, 06:06:49 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2022, 02:29:06 pm »

Pete Carroll is coming back to coach Seattle next year. It was expected but not guaranteed. GM is coming back too. Their issue is Russell Wilson wants out if Pete stays and they just wasted a whole year because they couldn't get along and Carroll is stubborn and thinks Seattle should run first and not utilize Wilson.

It's a bad situation that will repeat itself in 2022 if Wilson is not traded.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2022, 08:46:06 pm »

Josh McCown has been interviewed again for the Texans HC vacancy. First time was last year to replace O'Brien.

I have no idea what they are doing. They seem to get worse by the day.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2022, 10:07:16 pm »

Josh McCown has been interviewed again for the Texans HC vacancy. First time was last year to replace O'Brien.

I have no idea what they are doing. They seem to get worse by the day.

Backup players tend to make better coaches
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2022, 07:35:01 am »

In every sport. Lot's of things come easy to stars who have exceptional talent but the ones who have to work harder to compete see the game at a different level than those same stars who dominated. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2022, 08:03:46 am »

In every sport. Lot's of things come easy to stars who have exceptional talent but the ones who have to work harder to compete see the game at a different level than those same stars who dominated. 

Exactly.   They are the ones sitting on the bench and using that time to study the game and see how the stars make their moves.  While they can't necessarily duplicate said moves, they can teach others how to do so.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2022, 08:58:55 am »

I agree, but he never coached above the High School level and isn't even officially retired. Hire him as part of the staff if they want but not HC, that's ridiculous even by Texans standards.

I am slowly starting to think Watson will be on the bench for another year as Houston doesn't get the 4 1st rounders plus more they want.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2022, 08:29:21 pm »

I'm kind of surprised that not a single HC has been named yet with so many openings.  For me it underscores the fact that there aren't any great choices out there.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2022, 08:15:18 am »

I'm kind of surprised that not a single HC has been named yet with so many openings.  For me it underscores the fact that there aren't any great choices out there.

Could be that some teams may be locked in to candidates whose current teams are still playing (or just got eliminated).   Both of Tampa's and Buffalo's coordinators were up for gigs.  You may see some positions being filled.

IMO, interviews and hires should not be allowed to happen until after the Super Bowl and they should push the start of free agency back a couple weeks to make up for that.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2022, 08:36:01 am »

Could be that some teams may be locked in to candidates whose current teams are still playing (or just got eliminated).   Both of Tampa's and Buffalo's coordinators were up for gigs.  You may see some positions being filled.

IMO, interviews and hires should not be allowed to happen until after the Super Bowl and they should push the start of free agency back a couple weeks to make up for that.

This is probably it. The Bills have two head coaching candidates and I think Daboll will be hired very soon. Frazier......eh. Not just because of that horrid game but because Buffalo usually gave up lots of points against top defenses.

McCarthy from San Fran is still in it too. I think the lesser coordinator names are in limbo until the Top 2-3 picks are taken, then everyone settles for the rest.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray