Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:10:49 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Jets  (Read 2805 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 19, 2021, 08:21:37 pm »

The Patriots for choking

Flores and the Special teams.  They should have gone for it
« Last Edit: December 19, 2021, 08:32:35 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 06:15:40 am »

Do the coaches get it for the softest quarter of football I've ever seen? It felt like the Dolphins were playing two-hand-touch in the beginning.

The fake punt was also ridiculous. If you want to go for it on 4th and inches, then do it with the big guys in there and Duke Johnson at running back. Don't get cute and try a freakin' fake punt.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2021, 07:30:06 am »

Do the coaches get it for the softest quarter of football I've ever seen? It felt like the Dolphins were playing two-hand-touch in the beginning.

The fake punt was also ridiculous. If you want to go for it on 4th and inches, then do it with the big guys in there and Duke Johnson at running back. Don't get cute and try a freakin' fake punt.
We had the bye week hangover for sure in the first quarter but I absolutely hate our gimmick plays. Nothing says you are a bad team than to be constantly trying to trick people. I blame all of that on Flores.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2021, 07:34:04 am »

Tua played like shit.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2021, 07:40:52 am »

Tua played like shit.
He had his moments like many others but overall I wouldn't say he "played like shit".

Tua Tagovailoa desperately missed Jaylen Waddle in the lineup. Tagovailoa threw an interception before completing a pass but finished with 196 passing yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions on 31 dropbacks. Over 60% of his yards came through air, and 10 of his 16 completions resulted in a first down.

Tagovailoa completed five passes beyond 10 yards and made two big-time throws for the first time since Week 6. He did, however, produce multiple turnover-worthy plays for the fifth time this season.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2021, 08:22:57 am »

Hate to do it, but I have to give it to Tua
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2021, 11:20:02 am »

I think that Tua made 3-4 pretty bad throws.

One of them was the interception on the crossing play where he just misses his guy and throws a pick.  He had an open man and just didn't make the throw.
One of them was where he stares down the receiver on that 5-yard out, but honestly, that's never a throw he should've been asked to make.  That was a dumb play call at that point in the game, when we were just trying to burn clock.
He threw an incomplete pass to Gesecki in the endzone where there were 3 defenders....I'm not super worried about that being a turnover, because throwing up jump balls to giant TEs is a viable strategy, but the fact that Gesecki was drawing triple coverage meant that other people were open, so I think it was a bad read.

I think there were a few others, but he hung in there and didn't play terribly.  And he trucked that dude, which was just enjoyable football.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2021, 04:54:03 pm »

I don't see any reason that Tua shouldn't be the shame but it was super nice to see him respond to the pick six by going the field and scoring another TD. That's something good QBs can do so I see it as a great sign.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 01:14:06 pm »

I don't see any reason that Tua shouldn't be the shame but it was super nice to see him respond to the pick six by going the field and scoring another TD. That's something good QBs can do so I see it as a great sign.

I agree.

It's weird to pick him as the shame because while it's true that he did make the biggest errors, he wasn't completely bad and did some good things that helped us win, as well.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 09:02:44 am »

I agree.

It's weird to pick him as the shame because while it's true that he did make the biggest errors, he wasn't completely bad and did some good things that helped us win, as well.

If it hadn't been for his clutch throws at key times, Tua would've been the reason the Dolphins lose this game.  The picks he threw would make you say, WTF??  Especially that pick six late in the game.   It was clear he was telegraphing that pass.   Sure he made some good throws and managed to respond well with a TD drive after the pick six, but overall, his numbers were not good.  Under 200 yards passing and less than a 60% completion percentage.   If not for Johnson and Gaskin's running, the Dolphins lose easily.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 09:56:31 am »

If it hadn't been for his clutch throws at key times, Tua would've been the reason the Dolphins lose this game.  The picks he threw would make you say, WTF??  Especially that pick six late in the game.   It was clear he was telegraphing that pass.   

The pick 6 was bad, but it was also a really bad play call, inappropriate for the situation.  There was incredibly little reward (we were running clock and needed safe balls, in play -- not out of bounds.)...OR to take a risk to move the chains to keep the clock running.  A 3 yard out accomplishes neither.   Likely out of bounds, risky -- especially with defenses playing close, as was appropriate.  It's not like a regular time in the game when defenses are playing 10 yards off the ball.

Bad on Tua, for sure -- bad read, stare down, etc.  But also bad to put your QB in that position to begin with.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2021, 10:30:27 am »

The pick 6 was bad, but it was also a really bad play call, inappropriate for the situation.  There was incredibly little reward (we were running clock and needed safe balls, in play -- not out of bounds.)...OR to take a risk to move the chains to keep the clock running.  A 3 yard out accomplishes neither.   Likely out of bounds, risky -- especially with defenses playing close, as was appropriate.  It's not like a regular time in the game when defenses are playing 10 yards off the ball.

Bad on Tua, for sure -- bad read, stare down, etc.  But also bad to put your QB in that position to begin with.

Kind of reminded me of the safety in the LA game back in week 3.

https://twitter.com/ByKellyCohen/status/1442230379134529542

Quarterback and receiver were different, but the call was very similar. Utterly stupid.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2021, 10:43:04 am »

^ Very good point.

Similarly stupid call in a similarly stupid situation.

And also, pretty poorly executed.  QB throws that ball high giving pretty much no chance the receiver can do anything with it.  The smarter play would be for the receiver to just let it fly past, but that's a big ask.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2021, 11:21:57 am »

^ Even if the ball placement is perfect, it's still an absurdly risky call with pretty much no upside.

There's some criticism of "locking on" and "telegraphing". I don't agree. It's a quick drop-n-gun first read. The QB in that situation is always going to be locked on, by necessity. There is no time for anything else.

The problem (other than the call) is that the QB needs to know that the read is the defender. If the defender is up close and NOT back-pedaling once the quarterback is getting set, that ball needs to go somewhere else. Throwing it with the defender pressing is just insanely risky. You're basically betting that the defender breaks on the ball and misses the pick-6, which would give the receiver plenty of yards down the side. Anything else and the best outcome is maybe a 2 yard gain.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2021, 03:45:05 pm »

While I don't take any of the blame from him ... Tua's pick six wouldn't have happened if he was throwing to Gesicki. Long has a lot to learn.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray