Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:05:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Jets
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Jets  (Read 2806 times)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2021, 08:31:12 am »

I don't see any reason that Tua shouldn't be the shame but it was super nice to see him respond to the pick six by going the field and scoring another TD. That's something good QBs can do so I see it as a great sign.

Marino had plenty of bad moments and bad days, but with the foggy mist of time a lot of people seem to have forgotten them...

You hear time and time again from some of the very best players in the NFL, one of the best aspects of a truly elite QB is selective amnesia - the ability to forget the shit that just happened and immediately respond. Johnny U had it in spades, as did Marino, and Montana (not that I can recall he had that many fluffs to begin with), Elway, Farve, Manning (x2 - yes I said that), Rodgers, Mahomes, and of course Brady. Compare that to Matt Ryan - the definition of a downhill skier, who would have had a career as unremarkable as Chad Henne if we drafted him instead of Jake Long (although I guess he should then now also have had a Superbowl ring - as a backup).

It's very early to say that with Tua, but I'll just say that I liked the way he responded to some very poor moments in this game - and a lot better that what I've seen from Herbert & Allen after they fuck up royally.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2021, 04:59:34 pm »

While I don't take any of the blame from him ... Tua's pick six wouldn't have happened if he was throwing to Gesicki. Long has a lot to learn.

I see why he was sidelined for so Long(pun!). Still, he won't get better on the bench. Grier really messed up with that pick but have to do your best to make it work now.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2021, 08:06:50 am »

I wouldn't say he really messed up.  TEs take longer to develop than other players.  I know everyone wants instant gratification, but we are about to go from TE deep to TE thin next year.  If he sucks next year, maybe you can say Grier had a bad pick in an otherwise pretty great draft.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray