Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:47:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  How fucking selfish can a person be?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: How fucking selfish can a person be?  (Read 1891 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: December 21, 2021, 10:24:18 am »

How fucking inconsiderate can one be to go to the store to get medicine because you have a horrible cough and fever and NOT wear a mask?

And decline the mask offered to you.

And accuse the clerk of being rude for offering the mask. 

If you feel sick wear a mask.  Maybe its not Covid.  But if it is the flu, or strep throat, or pneumonia, or the common cold, or anything else the mask will reduce the chances of you transmitting it to others, and nobody wants what you got.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 11:21:02 am »

WTF are you going on about m8?  Did you just see this at the store and had to rage or something?
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 12:28:54 pm »

This is why we need a national mask mandate. 

The CDC said, "People who are FULLY VACCINATED and are NOT showing symptoms don't need to wear a mask." 

And many places dropped mask mandates on totally flawed theory that the unvaccinated would act responsible and continue wearing masks.  The problem is the unvaccinated are the most irresponsible, stupidest, self-centered and destructive people in our population.   

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2021, 12:37:30 pm »

This is why we need a national mask mandate. 

The CDC said, "People who are FULLY VACCINATED and are NOT showing symptoms don't need to wear a mask." 

And many places dropped mask mandates on totally flawed theory that the unvaccinated would act responsible and continue wearing masks.  The problem is the unvaccinated are the most irresponsible, stupidest, self-centered and destructive people in our population.   

Two words in response to your idea of a national mask mandate and forced vaccinations.   Second Amendment.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 01:06:57 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2021, 01:03:58 pm »

I agree with Hoodie right up to the mandate. It is a pretty assholish thing to not wear the mask if you are knowingly sick but I don't think anyone should be arrested for it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2021, 01:09:36 pm »

Are you going to be okay? Do you need someone to buy you an ice cream?

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2021, 05:10:02 pm »

Two words in response to your idea of a national mask mandate and forced vaccinations.   Second Amendment.

So you're advocating shooting someone?
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2021, 08:44:53 pm »

So you're advocating shooting someone?

When a form of government becomes destructive, it is the right of the people to stand up and alter or abolish it.

~Thomas Jefferson
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2021, 08:49:28 pm »

It takes some mental gymnastics to equate a vaccine requirement or a mask requirement (which btw is no different than a shirt or shoes requirement) with a destructive government.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2021, 08:57:32 am »

Wearing masks to keep our fellow citizens safe  isn't destructive to anybody. Maybe it's even patriotic. Jefferson had  bigger issues in mind when he said what you've quoted. But I'll try and answer Hoodie's question. Hoodie, it's an easy answer. People are trash. We live in a society loaded with entitled, the rules don't apply to me, I can do what I want, kind of people. Eff everyone else. I really believe that the State is more important than the individual. "We" are more important than just "you".
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:03:16 am by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2021, 09:04:59 am »

It takes some mental gymnastics to equate a vaccine requirement or a mask requirement (which btw is no different than a shirt or shoes requirement) with a destructive government.

Mask mandate is similar but vaccine mandate isn't even close. In the hiistory of the US I highly doubt anyone has ever risked their life to put on a shirt or shoes.  I get that you guys who have survived the jab pretend it's harmless but for thousands of others it didn't go so well. 

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2021, 09:09:35 am »

I assume that this still happens. Before I could start school as a kid I had to be vaccinated against polio, mumps, measles, rubella etc... What's the difference?

Bibamus, moriendum est

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2021, 09:14:56 am »

I assume that this still happens. Before I could start school as a kid I had to be vaccinated against polio, mumps, measles, rubella etc... What's the difference?

A few things:

1.  Those are only required in public school systems, not private or home/virtual school.

2.  Those vaccines were researched for years and proven to be effective.   This vaccine was rushed to the market and is proven to be inconsistent at not only preventing the disease but several friends of mine have reacted badly to it.   

3.  This is how the government removes your freedom.   One step at a time.  That's how it was done in Hitler's Germany, Castro's Cuba, Mao's China and everywhere else.  That's why if a government official shows up to my house and tells me to get vaccinated or I won't be able to enter a store/business, I have no qualms about putting a bullet in them first and worrying about them later.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2021, 09:27:45 am »

I went to private/Catholic schools for 12 years. Still needed proof of those vaccines. I started 1st grade 1980/81? So maybe that's changed since then? GVT. isn't removing freedoms by saying wear a mask or get vaccinated or you can't shop A,B, or C. Chances are vey high that A, B, or C Can deliver, offers curb side, etc... I don't see any similarities at all between this issue and Reigns of Terror initiated by Hitler, Mao, Castro, Stalin or anyone else. I guess it might creep up on us, but it's unlikely that we will turn into 1939 Germany.
 I see it this way too. Suppose you invite me into your home. But when I get there you ask that I take off my shoes before entering. Of course I will. Out of respect for your home and your rules I'll take off my shoes. If a business asks me to wear a mask to enter, I would for the same reasons.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2021, 09:31:54 am by stinkfish » Logged

Bibamus, moriendum est

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2021, 09:49:39 am »

2.  Those vaccines were researched for years and proven to be effective.   This vaccine was rushed to the market and is proven to be inconsistent at not only preventing the disease but several friends of mine have reacted badly to it.  

There are no long term side effects of any vaccine. It's basically just not a thing. There just isn't a single example of any vaccine, ever, that has had long term side effects. That is, side effects that take many months to show themselves. (Certainly, a side effect that occurs immediately can itself have long term consequences - no question about that).

At this point, we have more data on the major covid vaccines than on just about any other vaccine. The risks associated with the vaccine are tiny. The risks associated with getting covid are tiny. Odds are, you'll be just fine either way. It's just that the risks associated with getting the disease is several orders of magnitude greater than those associated with the vaccine - even for healthy young people.

I get that a lot of people don't trust "the system" and "big pharma" etc. I certainly don't have any blind trust in companies and generally believe they'll do whatever they think will earn them the most money and that they can get away with. That doesn't change the fact that if you look at the statistics - and you can go abroad to more dependable countries if you want - there are more previously healthy people getting trashed by covid every single week than we've seen significant side effects from the vaccine combined, ever. And it's not even close.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray