Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:47:23 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Fantasy Football
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Fantasy Football  (Read 634 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 21, 2021, 02:06:52 pm »

I saw the last play of the Vikings and Bears game.

I wonder if NFL players and coaches are allowed to play fantasy football.  Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? 

I thought, what if the coach had sent his kicker out to try the field goal because he had him on his fantasy team?  Would he have gotten into trouble?

They would up scoring a touchdown.  I thought, how much money changed hands based on that touchdown? 

Then, they decided not to kick the extra point.  THAT could have been huge for fantasy football players, too. 

I don't get why you wouldn't try the extra point.  Maybe you don't want to risk injury?  However, if that was the case, why not kneel with one second left?  Maybe you could bring your backups in and run a joke play?  Even, better, maybe you could intentionally take a one point safety. 

This is not the first team I've seen plays like this.  Sean McDonough said in 2017, "This might be meaningful to some" after a last second fumble was returned for a touchdown.

On Saturday, Taylor could have knelt down before scoring, which would have allowed Indy to run out the clock, but he scored.

The Jets did this against the Patriots in 2010 in the playoffs.  They were winning 21-14 and had recovered an onside kick.  The running back broke into the clear and scored.  If he had knelt down, the Jets could have run out the clock.  However, the Patriots actually scored again, and forced the Jets to recover another onside kick to seal the win.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2021, 03:16:58 pm »

I wonder if NFL players and coaches are allowed to play fantasy football.  Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest? 

I thought, what if the coach had sent his kicker out to try the field goal because he had him on his fantasy team?  Would he have gotten into trouble?

That is a huge huge conflict of interest.   Especially if they're playing for money.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2021, 03:52:31 pm »

What if the point differential tiebreaker comes into play this year?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray