Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:55:58 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Tampa bay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tampa bay  (Read 1228 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 02, 2022, 03:46:26 pm »

Are the bucs hustling by tanking this game?  Or at least not playing up to par?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2022, 03:51:36 pm »

They could still win

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2022, 03:57:19 pm »

Yep they did it again

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2022, 04:35:59 pm »

So within an 11 minute span, you went from wondering if the Bucs were tanking the game on purpose, to saying they still had a chance to win, to saying yep, they won again.  ROFL.   Dude, you are a special kind of special. 
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2022, 04:57:22 pm »

I can't stand it anymore

Marino must have really sucked at quarterback for the Dolphins
« Last Edit: January 02, 2022, 08:33:48 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2022, 11:05:22 pm »

Never underestimate the heart of a seven time champ.   The Bucs played like they woke up at 11:30 am and were like, "Do we have a game today?"   And they still won.

That's what happens when you have a talented roster.   You can play like shit but win anyway.  The Dolphins don't have that.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2022, 11:10:41 pm »

Too bad Tua doesn't have that heart. Or Marino, or Fiedler, or Huard, or Lucas, or Greise, or Feeley, or Frerotte, or Rosenfels, or Culpepper, or Harrington, or Lemon, or Beck, or Pennington, or Henne, or Moore, or Tannehill, or Cutler, or Osweiler, or Fitzpatrick, or Brissett   

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2022, 12:13:02 pm »

Too bad Tua doesn't have that heart. Or Marino, or Fiedler, or Huard, or Lucas, or Greise, or Feeley, or Frerotte, or Rosenfels, or Culpepper, or Harrington, or Lemon, or Beck, or Pennington, or Henne, or Moore, or Tannehill, or Cutler, or Osweiler, or Fitzpatrick, or Brissett    
He said the Bucs have a talented roster. He didn't say anything about Brady in particular other than to don't underestimate him. The Bucs didn't win because of Brady, they won because of the entire roster.

You really need to examine your fixation on Brady. It's not healthy.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 12:14:47 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 12:36:41 pm »

He said the Bucs have a talented roster. He didn't say anything about Brady in particular other than to don't underestimate him. The Bucs didn't win because of Brady, they won because of the entire roster.

You really don't get it.  He lives in the territory and he's refusing to come out of the closet as a Pats fan
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2022, 12:37:39 pm »

You really don't get it.  He lives in the territory and he's refusing to come out of the closet as a Pats fan
No, I realize that but Brady doesn't even play for the Patriots anymore and he's still hung up on him. It's more a Brady idolization thing than a Patriots idolization thing.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2022, 07:06:49 pm »

It is my understanding that the Bucs added only three key players before 2020: Brady, Gronkowski, and Brown.

Yet, they transformed into a title contender.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2022, 07:15:48 pm »

No, I realize that but Brady doesn't even play for the Patriots anymore and he's still hung up on him. It's more a Brady idolization thing than a Patriots idolization thing.

I grew up rooting for Dan Marino.  That is how I became a Dolphins fan.  I resent how Marino is automatically considered worse than Brady because of rings.

I just don't understand how Brady elevates his teammates to play better.  Or how he gets every break not related to officiating.

Every time a team needs one first down to seal a game against Brady, they never pick it up.

For example, last year's playoffs, the Saints had everything going their way.  They were up 6-3, then, Brady somehow willed his defense to cause an interception leading to a score.  Then, the Saints were leading 20-13 and get a first down into Buc territory, but they fumble the ball and the game turns in the Bucs favor.

Then, in the NFC title game, right before the first half ends, this sequence happens

1) Interception by the Bucs
2) Dropped interception by Tampa Bay

The Bucs score the decisive touchdown

Brady throws three interceptions and still wins.  He's won at least three playoff games with three interceptions

Or like in Super Bowl xliv, when the Seahawks had two possessions to seal the game in the fourth game with a ten point lead and did nothing with them.

Or like in Super Bowl Li, when the Falcons offense literally would have been better off just kneeling on the football, then what happened to them after it was 28-3. 

I want to him see lose a playoff game without the help of the refs.  I hope this will be the year that happens.   

DenverFinFan
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2022, 10:51:39 pm »

I grew up rooting for Dan Marino.  That is how I became a Dolphins fan.  I resent how Marino is automatically considered worse than Brady because of rings.

I just don't understand how Brady elevates his teammates to play better.  Or how he gets every break not related to officiating.

Every time a team needs one first down to seal a game against Brady, they never pick it up.

For example, last year's playoffs, the Saints had everything going their way.  They were up 6-3, then, Brady somehow willed his defense to cause an interception leading to a score.  Then, the Saints were leading 20-13 and get a first down into Buc territory, but they fumble the ball and the game turns in the Bucs favor.

Then, in the NFC title game, right before the first half ends, this sequence happens

1) Interception by the Bucs
2) Dropped interception by Tampa Bay

The Bucs score the decisive touchdown

Brady throws three interceptions and still wins.  He's won at least three playoff games with three interceptions

Or like in Super Bowl xliv, when the Seahawks had two possessions to seal the game in the fourth game with a ten point lead and did nothing with them.

Or like in Super Bowl Li, when the Falcons offense literally would have been better off just kneeling on the football, then what happened to them after it was 28-3.  

I want to him see lose a playoff game without the help of the refs.  I hope this will be the year that happens.    

I hate Tom Brady too man.

He’s either lucky or there’s something weird going on with the NFL.

Yeah he’s the GOAT with 7 rings but his legacy is nothing but scandal and fraud all created by some obscure bullshit rule that was seemingly invented for such a purpose.

He will always have an asterik next to his name and be remembered as part of the duo that ruined football and made America worse.

Tom Brady is awful.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 11:31:37 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 04:25:48 pm »

I grew up rooting for Dan Marino.  That is how I became a Dolphins fan.  I resent how Marino is automatically considered worse than Brady because of rings.

I just don't understand how Brady elevates his teammates to play better.  Or how he gets every break not related to officiating.
Because all you are considering is QB play. You know that Brady doesn't win every game by himself and yet you constantly compare him to other QB's and give him the credit when they win and take it away from the QB that lost. Brady doesn't deserve that and neither do those other QBs. Marino doesn't deserve the rep that he has that he can't win the big one and Brady doesn't deserve the rep that all he does is win the big one. He's had TREMENDOUS talent on every single one of his teams. He has been extremely clutch, but he's also lost twice in the Superbowl to inferior teams in my opinion. He doesn't ALWAYS win. He wins far more than anyone ever has but he's also been extremely fortunate to be on very good teams that are extremely well coached and he's also been blessed with very few major injuries and longevity. A lot of that can be attributed to his preparation, but there's a lot of luck involved in that too. Tampa Bay WAS talented before Brady got there, Brady just took them the next step. It's not ALL Brady, Brady just adds to the team.

Without Marino, the Dolphins would have been an average team throughout his career. With Marino they were a regular playoff team that had a few good playoff runs. Without Brady the Patriots would have been a regular playoff team, with him they were a superbowl contender every year. That's the difference, the rest of the team, quit focusing on 1 player the QB. I'll give you one more example, take Jim Kelly. Terrific QB. With Kelly the Bills played in 4 straight SB's, without him they probably don't play in one and yet all everyone remembers about Kelly is that he LOST 4 straight SB's. That's completely unfair to how good he was and how much better he made that team. Would he have been a better QB if he would have won 4 straight? No. Same QB, just with a better team.

They didn't put a yellow jacket on Marino and Kelly because the teams they played on lost 5 SB's between them and they won't put a yellow jacket on Brady because of all the SB's the teams he played on have won. The yellow jacket is there because they are some of the greatest players that have ever played regardless of what their teams accomplishments were.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 04:53:25 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray