Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:47:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Antonio Brown and Mental Health
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Antonio Brown and Mental Health  (Read 2155 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 02, 2022, 11:31:58 pm »

I think we should organize

1) A post a photo of yourself without a shirt on day

or

2) A take your shirt off at work day

To raise awareness for Mental Health

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2022, 08:56:36 am »

Fuck thzt guy.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2022, 09:15:47 am »

Antonio Brown is a sad case.   He's not right in the head and hasn't been ever since that hit by Vontaze Burfict in the playoffs in 2014.   He's suffering from CTE and it's now getting worse and spilling over onto the field. 

CTE is no joke.   It makes people do shit that they wouldn't do if they were thinking rationally.   I watched a buddy of mine suffer through it and he just wasted away doing irrational stuff to the point where he took his own life.   It's common in NFL players because of the hits they take every Sunday.   Our bodies weren't made to absorb hits like that constantly.   And even though there is a concussion protocol in the NFL, it doesn't take into account the other shots to the head that don't cause concussions.

Unfortunately CTE is not insanity and he's still responsible for his own actions.  I don't think any NFL team will go near him now.   Don't bash him, say a prayer for him.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2022, 09:51:08 am by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2022, 11:48:05 am »

Brown suffers more from having everyone around him kiss his butt. He will never get help because no one can or will tell him the truth.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2022, 12:31:01 pm »

Antonio Brown is a sad case.   He's not right in the head and hasn't been ever since that hit by Vontaze Burfict in the playoffs in 2014.   He's suffering from CTE and it's now getting worse and spilling over onto the field. 

CTE is no joke.   It makes people do shit that they wouldn't do if they were thinking rationally.   I watched a buddy of mine suffer through it and he just wasted away doing irrational stuff to the point where he took his own life.   It's common in NFL players because of the hits they take every Sunday.   Our bodies weren't made to absorb hits like that constantly.   And even though there is a concussion protocol in the NFL, it doesn't take into account the other shots to the head that don't cause concussions.

Unfortunately CTE is not insanity and he's still responsible for his own actions.  I don't think any NFL team will go near him now.   Don't bash him, say a prayer for him.

Was he expelled from Florida International University, because of a hit he took 5 years later?  He was an entitled athlete his entire life.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2022, 04:59:34 pm »

No one in the NFL will ever truly address CTE because it will cost them money.
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2022, 05:04:00 pm »

NFL can only do so much to protect the players anyway. It's just the nature of the game.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2022, 07:24:21 pm »

No one in the NFL will ever truly address CTE because it will cost them money.
This isn't the 70s and 80s anymore. These are fully grown adults that know that the hits can cause CTE. They're getting paid ridiculous amounts of money and they choose to accept that risk. No one is holding a gun to their head to play past their initial contract. Hell, as per the league's Collective Bargaining Agreement established in March 2020, NFL players’ minimum salary was $660,000 in the 2021 season. If you play 3-4 seasons and retire with $2-3 million, that's more than enough money to live comfortably the rest of your life. Keep in mind, that doesn't include interest, dividends, or market gains over time.

If a player decides to play longer for more money, then he accepts the risks. I can't feel sorry for people who are greedy and ignore the risks to their health. Decisions have consequences.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2022, 08:24:37 am »

Was he expelled from Florida International University, because of a hit he took 5 years later?  He was an entitled athlete his entire life.

But before that hit, he never acted like a narcissistic asshole.  He acted like a normal athlete.   CTE is no joke.  It caused one of the best linebackers to ever play the game to take his own life, and he was inducted into the Hall of Fame posthumously.

You being a Pats fan, I know you will always have a place in your heart for Tom Brady.   I suggest you read this:

https://sports.yahoo.com/why-was-tom-brady-so-empathetic-toward-antonio-brown-maybe-because-hes-seen-teammates-struggle-before-231332221.html
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 01:19:32 pm by ArtieChokePhin » Logged
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2022, 08:13:23 am »

The thing that I wonder about Antonio Brown is which came first, having mental health issues or being an astounding douchebag.  If he had the mental health issues first, then I feel for him.  If he was an asshole first, I don't. 
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2022, 08:49:48 am »

So now the story gets interesting.   His friends encouraged him to go to a doctor in New York after the game on his own and an MRI confirmed his ankle injury was reaggravated to the point where he was in serious pain.   That may be why the Bucs haven't cut him yet.   Things could get very ugly in Tampa and may cost Arians his job.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2022, 10:47:07 am »

The thing that I wonder about Antonio Brown is which came first, having mental health issues or being an astounding douchebag.  If he had the mental health issues first, then I feel for him.  If he was an asshole first, I don't. 
He's always been an ass. He's treated people like crap since college and probably even before. For whatever reason he has a long history of refusing to pay people that do work for him. He's well known to South Florida police. He may have CTE but that isn't his only issue.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2022, 01:20:50 pm »

So now the story gets interesting.   His friends encouraged him to go to a doctor in New York after the game on his own and an MRI confirmed his ankle injury was reaggravated to the point where he was in serious pain.   That may be why the Bucs haven't cut him yet.   Things could get very ugly in Tampa and may cost Arians his job.

The sure is a nice video of all that pain while he bounced through the end zone  stripping
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2022, 01:28:25 pm »

I find this hard to believe.  Lose his job for what?

I don't think I'm connecting these dots.

I drink your milkshake!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2022, 03:08:55 pm »

I find this hard to believe.  Lose his job for what?

I don't think I'm connecting these dots.

For insisting a player play injured.   You can't do that in today's league.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray