Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:03:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Antonio Brown and Mental Health
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Antonio Brown and Mental Health  (Read 2156 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2022, 09:34:55 pm »

Arians isn't losing his job.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2022, 06:13:13 am »

Brown has issued a lengthy statement through his legal team about being ordered to play injured, and being told he was cut on the sideline before he stormed out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/antonio-brown-breaks-silence-on-leaving-buccaneers-accuses-team-of-cover-up-regarding-injured-ankle/

It's possible this is going to get even more ugly, especially for the Bucs if the guts of Brown's statement is proved true.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2022, 07:40:26 am »

As Phishfan pointed out, Brown didn't look too injured when he was jumping up and down, waving his arms at the crowd and throwing his gloves up into the stands.  Matter of fact, I didn't even notice a limp as he was dancing into the tunnel. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2022, 07:42:20 am »

I was listening to some talking heads this morning and they said if Brown hadn't already been involved with so many absolutely crazy stories then people might have some sympathy for him. As it is Tampa will get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Makes sense to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2022, 08:16:32 am »

I was listening to some talking heads this morning and they said if Brown hadn't already been involved with so many absolutely crazy stories then people might have some sympathy for him. As it is Tampa will get the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Makes sense to me.

The medical report is proof enough.

As Phishfan pointed out, Brown didn't look too injured when he was jumping up and down, waving his arms at the crowd and throwing his gloves up into the stands.  Matter of fact, I didn't even notice a limp as he was dancing into the tunnel. 

There's a big difference between jogging as opposed to running full speed, making cuts, and getting tackled.   

It's possible this is going to get even more ugly, especially for the Bucs if the guts of Brown's statement is proved true.

It could get ugly.   Arians could be forced out and so could the Bucs training staff.   And if Goodell gets a bug up his ass, the Bucs could be stripped of a draft pick.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2022, 09:10:08 am »

The medical report isn’t getting the coach fired.  Bucs want to withhold Browns week 18 check, recover some of the signing bonus and fine him for behavior detrimental to the team.  The compromise is Brown getting paid as if he went on IR for week 18.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2022, 09:17:25 am »

The medical report is proof enough.
So his ankle is hurt or it isn't. There is no proof he was abused. "do you think you can suck it up and play?" doesn't equate to being forced but if you're a known crazy person it might be to you.

There's a big difference between jogging as opposed to running full speed, making cuts, and getting tackled.   
He was jumping too. Any way you look at it his walk out doesn't help his case he was in so much pain he needs immediate surgery.

It could get ugly.   Arians could be forced out and so could the Bucs training staff.   And if Goodell gets a bug up his ass, the Bucs could be stripped of a draft pick.
I think that's pretty extreme. Brown has had a bunch of missteps in the NFL. The beloved Arians says Brown didn't say anything about being too injured to play. He says just refused to go out and play ... which kind of does fit something Brown would do in a losing game. Out of this story I think most people would believe Arians many times before they would Brown.  

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2022, 10:37:19 am »

Now Brown is doing his utmost to alienate his one and only ally - Brady.  Not a smart move, a few Bucs players *might* have taken Browns side over Arians particularly if Brady is defending Brown.  Nobody is picking a fight with the QB to defend Brown.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2022, 12:43:48 pm »

Brown says that he couldn't go back into the game because his ankle was too messed up. Arians then started yelling at him and screamed "YOU'RE DONE" while making a throat slash gesture. This is the NFL in 2021, there had to have been 900 cameras throughout the stadium. So, find footage of them talking on the sideline and see who is telling the truth.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2022, 03:21:39 pm »

He snuck in some Onlyfans girl who spent Saturday night with him. Apparently he let her know something big was going to happen during the game so it seems like he planned out the whole thing.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2022, 06:44:46 pm »

Two versions of events.

1. Brown told the coach he was hurt and couldn’t play.  Coach told him he was being cut if he didn’t play injured, Brown stormed off.

2. Brown was upset he was being targeted enough and refused to go in because the play called was one where he wasn’t the first read.  Coach told him he was being cut if he didn’t play his assigned role.  Brown stormed off.

Based on both men’s past actions and behaviors I know which version I find more likely.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2022, 07:04:05 pm »

He snuck in some Onlyfans girl who spent Saturday night with him. Apparently he let her know something big was going to happen during the game so it seems like he planned out the whole thing.

She licked a toilet seat. I take it all back, he is crazy.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2022, 05:35:14 pm »

She licked a toilet seat. I take it all back, he is crazy.
hahaha ... a public toilet seat at that. ewwww.

Bruce Ariens has a longstanding reputation for being straight forward tell it like it is kind of a guy. Most people are going to belive him way before Brown.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2022, 06:12:08 pm »

Apparently he let her know something big was going to happen during the game so it seems like he planned out the whole thing.

I don’t take that as proof he planned it in advance because it also advances the claim he was upset about his lack of targets.  He had promised a bimbo that he was going to have a big game and was pissed he wasn’t getting the production to back that up.  Plus Brown doesn’t strike me as the kinda a guy who does a lot of planning and strategizing. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2022, 10:04:17 pm »

Just a reminder that personal attacks on other posters are not allowed.
I have cleaned up this thread accordingly.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray