Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:42:06 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Patriots game this week? What's best for us?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Patriots game this week? What's best for us?  (Read 1242 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 07, 2022, 08:56:37 am »

I suppose I always like to win and stick it to a division rival.  But what's best for us?

Is getting blown out by the Pats a possible better future, in that we can cut the charade about ending the season well?  Does it get us closer to realizing we need to address some real big problems?  Or does winning give us something to build on?

I think it's probably always better to win, for the unity and culture of the team, but I don't think I'm 100% sure of that.

I drink your milkshake!
stinkfish
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2022, 09:13:47 am »

Best for us is to end the season on a high note. Beat a divisional rival, that just happens to be my most hated team,  so I can have bragging rights all off season over every single damn dirty treacherous patsies fan that I know. But aside from my personal feelings about this game, Winning is always best.

Bibamus, moriendum est

Sport is the other opiate of the masses

Four legs good, Two legs better
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2022, 09:41:07 am »

I'd love to see the Dolphins beat the Patriots twice in a season.  That hasn't happened in over two decades.   Keep in mind the Dolphins would also be sticking it to the Eagles if they win.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2022, 11:37:35 am »

Just win baby! I know a lot of people worry about draft position, but the draft is such a crapshoot, I don't really care. It's all about what you make of your draft picks regardless of what they are.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2022, 12:03:58 pm »

The NFL should flex the Buf-NYJ game to 4 so the Patriots have something to play for.

If Miami wins, I will be bitter.

This would put Miami at 9-7 and NE at 10-6.

If the refs had called that blatant pass interference against the Raiders Week 3 Miami would be 10-6 and finish ahead of NE.   

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2022, 03:31:14 pm »

It's nice to win but it just adds to the delusion that we are close to being contenders and should stay the course. We should absolutely not stay the course. Can't say I'll be rooting for a loss, but long term, losing 59-0 on Sunday would do this franchise better than winning by 10.

That is, assuming the blowout loss is the final straw for Flores and Grier. If not, then might as well win.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2022, 05:19:59 pm »

I want to win badly but if we do then I'm afraid we will still have the same offesive line issues going into next season and that isn't good. I'm just going to watch without the usual tension I have during a game.... hahaha.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2022, 05:57:17 pm »

Just Win Baby!!!
DenverFinFan
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2022, 06:07:43 pm »

If we fire Flores because of it, it’s better to lose and either try someone else to see if it can work with Tua next year or cut our losses and start over on that, again. I don’t think Flores can properly develop Tua ( of course Tua might just not have it ) so why waste a season?

I know how this goes. Next year we start 1-4. Flores is fired.  The interim coach wins 4-6 meaningless games that only screws us in draft order.

I don’t think he gets fired either way though, so win. Beat New England twice, show some pride. Have good individual games and have fun, get a good convincing win.

Tua should make it personal with Jones. Don’t let him beat you.

Give us a reason for some optimism going into next year. If we can finish 9-8 after a 1-7 start well, I think that’s something.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 06:09:45 pm by DenverFinFan » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2022, 03:34:19 am »

I think ultimately we're gonna be keeping Tua and Flores/Grier for another year.
There will likely be a decision made on all of them at the end of next season.

As for this week:  the best thing to do is win.  We don't even have the usual fallback of "Why win and get a worse pick?", so there's no reason to hold back.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2022, 03:48:23 am »

The Patriots officially cannot win the number one seed now, so this could be like the 2005 finale, where they didn't take it seriously. 

I hope the Jets hang tough with the Bills, so they do

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2022, 03:58:05 am »

So you're saying you would prefer if there were extra motivation for the Patriots to play hard?
You're not supposed to say that out loud.  You're breaking character.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2022, 07:50:07 pm »

We beat the Patsies twice in a season for the first time since 2000!!!!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2022, 08:15:06 pm »

We beat the Patsies twice in a season for the first time since 2000!!!!

Was that when we thought we won but then the refs called us back after like 30 minutes and then Bledsoe threw an incomplete Hail Mary and then we won?
DenverFinFan
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2022, 08:21:56 pm »

Was that when we thought we won but then the refs called us back after like 30 minutes and then Bledsoe threw an incomplete Hail Mary and then we won?

Oh shit! I forgot about that. Wanny was giving the AFCE championship speech in the locker room when the refs said they had to suit up for one more play.  Wanny was so pissed LOL

Always weird stuff with the Patriots though huh?
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray