Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:58:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the year 2021
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the year 2021  (Read 9539 times)
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2022, 12:22:11 pm »

Tenshot, yup.  But can you make the picture a bit smaller.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2022, 03:06:08 pm »

I wouldn't call him a troll.  But a lot of his posts are way out in left field and make no sense.

My posts make plenty of sense.  You people never rebut them.  You just throw rhetoric.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2022, 07:16:53 am »

My posts make plenty of sense.  

This statement right here qualifies for the TDMMC Pinocchio Award.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2022, 12:49:21 pm »

This statement right here qualifies for the TDMMC Pinocchio Award.

More rhetoric

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2022, 02:30:31 pm »

JJ's last 3 years:
9-7 (0-1 playoffs)
10-6 (1-1 playoffs)
9-7 (1-1 playoffs)

Wanny's first 3 years:
11-5 (division champ, 1-1 playoffs)
11-5 (0-1 playoffs)
9-7 (no playoffs)

Looks like he made the team better, not worse.

Overall record:
JJ- 36-28 (.563), 2-3 playoffs, no division title
Wanny- 42-31 (.575), 1-3 playoffs, 1 division title

Let us also note that when Wanny lost six games in a row to open the season (and 8 of 9), he was fired midseason, unlike Flores who finished the season after a 7-game losing streak.

Wanny had a far more talented team than any of JJs teams in 2002 and 2003 and missed the playoffs both years.  Not sure how much of that was his fault, but people tend to blame the coach.  They had Ricky Williams both of those years.  Many people blamed him for overworking Williams in 2003   

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2022, 02:40:42 pm »

JJ's last 3 years:
9-7 (0-1 playoffs)
10-6 (1-1 playoffs)
9-7 (1-1 playoffs)

Wanny's first 3 years:
11-5 (division champ, 1-1 playoffs)
11-5 (0-1 playoffs)
9-7 (no playoffs)

Looks like he made the team better, not worse.

Overall record:
JJ- 36-28 (.563), 2-3 playoffs, no division title
Wanny- 42-31 (.575), 1-3 playoffs, 1 division title

Let us also note that when Wanny lost six games in a row to open the season (and 8 of 9), he was fired midseason, unlike Flores who finished the season after a 7-game losing streak.

Wanny had a far more talented team than any of JJs teams in 2002 and 2003 and missed the playoffs both years.  Not sure how much of that was his fault, but people tend to blame the coach.  They had Ricky Williams both of those years.  Many people blamed him for overworking Williams in 2003   

JJ inherited a team that was a mess after Shula left.  They were an underachieving bunch full of locker room cancers, and they were over the salary cap with four of their top players becoming free agents (all four left).   He slowly built that team up to where it could sustain itself for a little while, especially on defense.

Wanny inherited a team that had top talent at some positions and ran it into the ground.   His results went downhill every year.   He overworked Ricky Williams and had a love fest with Jay Fiedler rather than draft capable receivers and find a top notch QB.   He turned down Drew Brees to bring in Jamar Fletcher when he already had two lock down corners on his roster.   Then he drafted Eddie Moore over Anquan Bolden.   That pretty much says it all.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2022, 07:24:43 pm »

JJ inherited a team that was a mess after Shula left.  They were an underachieving bunch full of locker room cancers, and they were over the salary cap with four of their top players becoming free agents (all four left).   He slowly built that team up to where it could sustain itself for a little while, especially on defense.

Wanny inherited a team that had top talent at some positions and ran it into the ground.   His results went downhill every year.   He overworked Ricky Williams and had a love fest with Jay Fiedler rather than draft capable receivers and find a top notch QB.   He turned down Drew Brees to bring in Jamar Fletcher when he already had two lock down corners on his roster.   Then he drafted Eddie Moore over Anquan Bolden.   That pretty much says it all.

Agree.  And JJ was kind of saddled with an aged Dan Marino.  If Marino wasn't such a legend in Miami I'd bet JJ would have traded him and drafted a young QB.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2022, 07:45:45 pm »

Agree.  And JJ was kind of saddled with an aged Dan Marino.  If Marino wasn't such a legend in Miami I'd bet JJ would have traded him and drafted a young QB.

JJ wanted to do exactly that, but Huizenga wouldn't let him as the fallout from the fan base would've been too much to overcome.
DenverFinFan
« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2022, 09:01:57 pm »

JJ wanted to do exactly that, but Huizenga wouldn't let him as the fallout from the fan base would've been too much to overcome.

I think it would have worked out better for Dan too, he could have moved to a team with a chance to win.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2022, 07:47:46 am »

Three years in a row I have been nominated for the Shame of the Year.

Don't take it as a badge of honor dude. Lift your game.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2022, 11:04:47 am »

I know a lot of people said Will Fuller for shame of the year, I may actually have been one of them idk I'll have to look back.  He posted this on his instagram this morning...maybe it was worse than we thought this whole time.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2022, 12:35:20 pm »

How can your finger be shattered from landing on it wrong? He didn't get it run over by a car, he landed on it wrong. It's also been many months of what I assume is top medical care and it's still nowhere near healed?

At this point, if he is still truly hurt, it has to be some type of MRSA infection but he needs to be specific because no one is buying 5 months for a finger injury that is nowhere being closed to healed.

I still defend this signing as it was low risk/high reward but it could have only went worse if he had stabbed Jaylen Waddle in the locker room.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2022, 04:34:02 pm »

I still defend this signing as it was low risk/high reward but it could have only went worse if he had stabbed Jaylen Waddle in the locker room.
Well it turned out to be low reward/high risk, hahaha

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2022, 05:01:02 pm »

The risk never changed; the reward did.
So it turned out to be low risk/low reward.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray