Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:16:49 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Game Balls- 2021 season
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Game Balls- 2021 season  (Read 1773 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« on: January 09, 2022, 10:44:40 pm »

My Game Ball for the year goes to Jalen Waddle for terrorizing opposing secondaries once he got his sea legs
DenverFinFan
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2022, 10:57:48 pm »

Yeah honestly I can’t think of anyone else who would deserve it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2022, 11:06:32 pm »

I'll agree with Waddle.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2022, 12:25:16 am »

Waddle

We are still biggest NFL disgrace since realignment

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2022, 06:31:07 am »

Waddle broke the NFL record for most receptions in a season by a rookie.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2022, 09:24:59 am »

Waddle for sure
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2022, 06:44:33 pm »

Waddle - Great rookie Season

X. Howard - After getting some perks added to his contract he came back and had another great season.

Flores - After a disastrous start he helped regroup the team to finish 8-1, beating the Patriots twice.  IMO he brought a winning culture to the locker room.  I also think his leadership on the defensive side of the ball has been badly overlooked.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2022, 10:04:51 pm »

Waddle.

Picking the coach that got fired as an option, interesting.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2022, 10:39:11 pm »

X. I admit, not the standard of last year that had him (deservedly) in NFL Defensive Player of the year contention, but he's still our best player by a country mile (and should be in the Dan Marino Dolphins Player of the Year contention again).

Honorable mentions to:

Waddle - records were made to be broken from this year with the season extended to 17 games, but to do it and be mentioned in the same breath as Anquan Boldin is a pretty good start to your NFL career. I hope we see a lot more explosive highlights in future when he's (hopefully) paired with better receivers and coaches to open his game further.

Gesicki - put together a nice season, although I wish he would save his post 1st down celebrations for post TD celebrations. It's the one knock I have on his game, otherwise like X and Wilkins (and I will now add Waddle, and possibly Ogbah) he's one of the few guys I think would legitimately start on just about any other team in the NFL. It's time Ross got out the cheque book and gave him an extension (and the other TEs who I thought were pretty good), not the "we drafted Hunter Long to be a cheaper option" bullshit that I thought was over with when Ireland and Aponte left the building... 

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2022, 09:34:15 am »

I'm going to throw out a name that deserves some mention, Jevon Holland. I'm not sure that he deserves more credit than Waddle, but the defense did suddenly become better once Holland hit his stride and it was the defense that put Miami into position to have that 7 game winning streak, not the offense. I'll say Waddle and Holland deserve co Game Balls for 2021.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2022, 09:40:42 am »

I'm going to throw out a name that deserves some mention, Jevon Holland. I'm not sure that he deserves more credit than Waddle, but the defense did suddenly become better once Holland hit his stride and it was the defense that put Miami into position to have that 7 game winning streak, not the offense. I'll say Waddle and Holland deserve co Game Balls for 2021.
Holland is an excellent choice as well.  He graded out as the 2nd or 3rd best safety in the league this year on PFF and was named to their All-Pro team (Second Team).  Christian Wilkinson quietly made Second Team as well behind Aaron Donald.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2022, 09:41:49 am »

Holland is an excellent choice as well.  He graded out as the 2nd or 3rd best safety in the league this year on PFF and was named to their All-Pro team (Second Team).  Christian Wilkinson quietly made Second Team as well behind Aaron Donald.

Great idea.   Give one Game Ball for the year for offense and one for defense.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2022, 01:44:54 pm »

The 2021 All-Pro team:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33066076/rams-cooper-kupp-packers-davante-adams-unanimous-choices-ap-nfl-all-pro-team

Of the 22 offensive and defensive players, 6 of them (27%) were drafted during the period of time in which the Dolphins have been rebuilding (2019-2021) and have had an inordinately high number of draft picks.

Zero of the 22 play for the Dolphins.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2022, 01:50:29 pm »

Of the 22 offensive and defensive players, 6 of them (27%) were drafted during the period of time in which the Dolphins have been rebuilding (2019-2021) and have had an inordinately high number of draft picks.

Zero of the 22 play for the Dolphins.
To be fair that last statement should be Zero of 6 play for the Dolphins since you already said that 16 of the 22 were not drafted during the period of time that the Dolphins were rebuilding, so that really has nothing to do with the Dolphins. 0/6 does not look NEARLY as bad as 0/22.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2022, 01:55:54 pm »

To be fair that last statement should be Zero of 6 play for the Dolphins since you already said that 16 of the 22 were not drafted during the period of time that the Dolphins were rebuilding, so that really has nothing to do with the Dolphins. 0/6 does not look NEARLY as bad as 0/22.

Right, but they didn't just start drafting players when they started rebuilding.  They could've obtained any number of those players and kept them, even while rebuilding.  Had they obtained Aaron Rodgers and Davante Adams for example, they probably never would've started rebuilding! Wink
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray