Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:02:43 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Brian Flores out as head coach
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Brian Flores out as head coach  (Read 4118 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2022, 07:30:00 pm »

It's easy to find a franchise head coach?

No it's not, I never said that. BUT we had a franchise HC in Flores!!  He was the best coach this team has seen since Jimmy Johnson.  Flores failed with getting the right OC and O-line coaches, but you work on that with him, you just don't go and fire him because Grier wants to whine to Ross about Flores.  Grier is the easiest to replace versus a HC or QB.

Wannstedt - sucked, took a playoff caliber team and drove it into the ground.
Saban - sucked, responsible for bad draft picks and quit!
Cameron - no explanation needed.
Sparano - probably one of the better Dolphins coaches in comparison, the last time the Dolphins won the division.
Philbin - sucked, he was always in another world.  Never developed draft picks, just wanted to stick them on the practice team.
Gase - sucked, talk about a deer in the headlights look.

I leave off the interim coaches (Jim Bates, Todd Bowles, & Dan Campbell) although they were probably better than all of the above except maybe Sparano.

I'd take Flores over any of these six or nine guys in a heartbeat, yet somehow the people on here magically think we are going to get an Andy Reid, but what Miami is going to get is another Sparano at best.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2022, 10:27:45 am »

No it's not, I never said that. BUT we had a franchise HC in Flores!!  He was the best coach this team has seen since Jimmy Johnson.
Saying he was the best since Jimmy Johnson is not saying much. I don't believe that Flores is a franchise HC. Franchise defensive coordinator maybe, HC, no. If Flores wanted to stay on as the defensive coordinator, I'd say bring it on, but of course you can't ask him to take a demotion like that.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray