Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:59:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who Are Coaching Candidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print
Author Topic: Who Are Coaching Candidates?  (Read 7108 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2022, 03:10:59 pm »

Can I just say at this point I don't trust Grier or Ross to decide.

Joe Rose NEVER discusses inside information he gets from inside the organization. Remember Dan Marino is his best friend let alone others in the organization. Well I think he slipped up today. He was saying people in the organization think we are close to being a championship team and disagree with him on how far we are away on offense ... meaning how basically everything needs to be upgraded from O-line, WRs, Rbs and even QB. If they aren't making a big run at Daboll or don't want him because he disagrees then they will scare off most legitimate coaches too. Being a dolphins fan is like being stuck in purgatory. We have memories of better times but they will never happen again.  

Josh Allen said “I think teams would be foolish not to offer Brian Daboll a job,” Allen said, via Alaina Getzenberg of ESPN. “I’m praying they don’t, because I want him back here, but I love him and his family too much to really think that. I think he’s one of the best coaches in the league.”

There is a difference between thinking that good coaching can bring out a lot more with some of our talent and saying "No, thank you" to upgrading at any position because we have a Superbowl team already. Better coaching will help and I genuinely think we could win 12 games next year with a real coaching staff but we won't win a Superbowl next year without much better coaching and significant upgrades at O-Line and WR and probably a few other spots. If we are telling potential hires not to expect much help from free agency or the draft, that's a problem.

Then again, if any coach wants to come in and say "2022 will be a soft rebuild year" then they could fuck off. Some coaches may like that since it buys them time on the job whereas with us, we are coming off of back to back winning seasons and have good cap room. A new coach will immediately be under the hot seat if he goes 6-11. Whoever we hire is in a weird spot because winning teams usually don't fire their coaches and anything but the playoffs this year will be a disappointment.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2022, 08:24:28 pm »

Now that the Bucs are out of the playoffs, I think Miami really should take a look at Byron Leftwich.  Former NFL QB that could be a mentor to Tua if needed.  Played on four different teams so has a varied experience of how teams are run, including Championship Steelers team.  Has coached with Ariens for three years who thinks he's great, took over running the offense from Ariens.  If Miami is not going to hire an experienced HC, then Leftwich has a lot of experience in different areas both playing and coaching.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #107 on: January 25, 2022, 08:52:47 am »

Now that the Bucs are out of the playoffs, I think Miami really should take a look at Byron Leftwich.  Former NFL QB that could be a mentor to Tua if needed.  Played on four different teams so has a varied experience of how teams are run, including Championship Steelers team.  Has coached with Ariens for three years who thinks he's great, took over running the offense from Ariens.  If Miami is not going to hire an experienced HC, then Leftwich has a lot of experience in different areas both playing and coaching.

Coached Brady too and that should have some value.

If we can't get Daboll and don't hire a Harbaugh or even Pedersen, he might be the best choice left.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #108 on: January 25, 2022, 08:58:23 am »

Coached Brady too and that should have some value.

If we can't get Daboll and don't hire a Harbaugh or even Pedersen, he might be the best choice left.

If it comes down to Miami and Jax, he will take Jax, considering he played there.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #109 on: January 25, 2022, 09:09:44 am »

If it comes down to Miami and Jax, he will take Jax, considering he played there.

I think he knows what an absolute disaster Jax is and how ownership isn't the best, even if they mean well. Literally the worst team in the league and has the "no talent" to back it up. Miami is a much more desirable location but it comes with immediate expectations. Some coaches may not want that.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #110 on: January 25, 2022, 03:41:20 pm »

Barry Jackson says Daboll has a lot of fans in the Miami front office. Slow news week despite all of these job openings so take this for what it's worth. Of course, could be Daboll's people just leaking stuff so that another team ups it's offer or decides on Daboll over other candidates.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2022, 03:45:58 pm »

I think he knows what an absolute disaster Jax is and how ownership isn't the best, even if they mean well. Literally the worst team in the league and has the "no talent" to back it up. Miami is a much more desirable location but it comes with immediate expectations. Some coaches may not want that.

But he's the one who can turn it around.  You have a franchise QB and the top draft pick.   You can get a quality edge rusher or a cornerstone left tackle with that pick in this year's draft.   Jacksonville just needs the right guy in the front office and they'll be back to being playoff contenders soon.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2022, 04:04:22 pm »

But he's the one who can turn it around.  You have a franchise QB and the top draft pick.   You can get a quality edge rusher or a cornerstone left tackle with that pick in this year's draft.   Jacksonville just needs the right guy in the front office and they'll be back to being playoff contenders soon.

Sure, it's possible but they really have little talent and I don't know how much control their GM had under Urban Meyer. Who was responsible for taking a RB in the 1st round when it wasn't a position of need? It's just a very undesirable job but if it's the only one you are offered, gotta take it. If he has choices, he should take whatever else there is as long as it's not New Orleans.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray