Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 04:24:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who Are Coaching Candidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Who Are Coaching Candidates?  (Read 7087 times)
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2022, 03:10:53 pm »

Dolphins ain’t getting anyone good while Grier is the GM.  No one with head coaching experience is going to come here just to be thrown under the bus by a GM who hasn’t done shit to turn this franchise around.

Agreed.   Just like in 2011 with Sparano/Ireland then again in 2013 with Philbin/Hickey.   You can't fire your coach  and keep your GM on (or vice versa).   Doing that ties your hands and makes a lot of candidates off limits to you.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2022, 05:04:15 pm »

Hate to get dark so soon, but you guys are right about the GM thing. No one wants to work for a GM that owns the owner's ear and doesn't take responsibility for his obvious mistakes. Our only shot might be Harbaugh as he would demand total control. I don't see anyone else who could come in and make demands like that who Ross would listen to.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2022, 06:01:13 pm »

Jim Caldwell?
I like him but he already had to leave for medical reasons. I don't know that I woud risk it.

I had mentioned a couple of weeks ago that Jax should hire Doug Pederson or we should bring him in as OC. I think we need to go experinced this time as up and comer hasn't worked and he would bring that.

I think the bigger question is does the new coach keep Josh Boyer as the Defensive coordinator? sure would help to keep some continuity.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 06:13:43 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2022, 06:36:50 pm »

Jim Caldwell?

Jim Caldwell was the best coach the Lions had in years and they fired him after back to back winning seasons, why on Earth would he want to go to a team that just did the same thing to their coach.

In the last three years Miami has been moving away from their disfunctional past (with the exception of the Watson rumors this year) and in one fell swoop Ross & Grier have made them a laughing stock.  No free agents are going to want to come to Miami, and what good players Miami has will be requesting trades.
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2022, 10:07:45 pm »

Sean Peyton
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2022, 11:18:08 pm »

Of who may be available, Harbaugh would be obviously at or near top of the list. He's done this before at NFL level with a young QB and sound defense, hopefully his experience, confidence and name will draw much better coaching assistants. He's also likely to have the ear of Ross as much if not more than Grier, so it's likely he will get his way...

Pederson is a very similar story - he may not be as immediately tied to Ross, but he does already have a Superbowl ring. He got a raw deal at Philadelphia, and with so many teams looking to fill the HC position he will also be near the top of their choices.

I like Caldwell, I think he got a raw deal at Detroit (and Indy for that matter), but would he be interested after leaving us during the year for medical reasons, and then not returning?

I don't want Gruden. He's a lucky asshole whose luck finally ran out.

As much as I think Bieniemy and McDaniels (this time) are ready to step up to be HC, after our run of three failed rookie head coaches I would prefer us to get a guy with prior experience and success.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 11:22:01 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2022, 02:58:48 am »

I think the only guy out there that is not a rookie, and that Miami has a reasonable chance of attracting is Doug Pederson.  I don't see any other guy with HC experience that would be willing to come to Miami.

But who knows, maybe the Dolphins will get lucky and bring in Zimmer and Spielman from the Vikes. lol
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2022, 03:11:14 am »

please god, not another Belichick flunkie

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2022, 08:39:30 am »

Doug Pederson seems to be the best candidate right now but he is already interviewing with teams so we need to get on this.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2022, 08:59:28 am »

They asked to interview Brian Daboll.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2022, 09:28:25 am »

I think Gruden is a bum.
Extreme bum who is wildly overrated.  The only time he was good was his first tour with the Raiders.  When he came to Tampa, they won that Superbowl in spite of that terrible offense.  I want to say the Defense outscored the Offense until week 3 or 4 of the season.  Even when the offense got "hot" in the playoffs, it was more like it got "warm". 
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2022, 09:36:02 am »

They asked to interview Brian Daboll.

Would rather not. Don't want another first timer, plus it may not be weeks until he can accept anyway due to the Bills in the playoffs. If we focus on him we could lose out on other candidates and he may not want the job in the end anyway.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2022, 10:14:38 am »

Would rather not. Don't want another first timer, plus it may not be weeks until he can accept anyway due to the Bills in the playoffs. If we focus on him we could lose out on other candidates and he may not want the job in the end anyway.

I am hoping he becomes available this weekend.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2022, 02:06:40 pm »

Josh McDanials ?

I got that half right.  They are interviewing Mike *McDaniels*

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2022, 02:18:57 pm »

I got that half right.  They are interviewing Mike *McDaniels*

A first year OC who doesn't even call his own plays? Oh God, bring back Flores if we are going to do shit like this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray