Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:41:14 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who Are Coaching Candidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print
Author Topic: Who Are Coaching Candidates?  (Read 7049 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2022, 02:24:33 pm »

Dude looks like a 20 something gamer ...  hahaha. Why in the heck are they only looking at first time coaches? We've struck out 4 times already.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 02:34:16 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2022, 02:40:11 pm »

See this is the problem. I don't think any head coaching candidates with experience are stepping up to Ross saying they WANT to be coach of the Dolphins. If they would Ross would certainly interview them.  All these first time Head Coaches will do anything to be a head coach.

I will say this, at least Josh McDaniels has some head coaching experience. I'd take him over any of the others without any head coaching experience.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 02:42:57 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2022, 03:21:37 pm »

See this is the problem. I don't think any head coaching candidates with experience are stepping up to Ross saying they WANT to be coach of the Dolphins. If they would Ross would certainly interview them.  All these first time Head Coaches will do anything to be a head coach.

I will say this, at least Josh McDaniels has some head coaching experience. I'd take him over any of the others without any head coaching experience.

I don't think coaches call the teams themselves, they wait for the calls. As far as McDaniels goes, I would rather have him than another first timer. Maybe he had time to learn from his mistakes. However, like Daboll, if you wait for him then you put all your eggs in their basket as the other candidates will be snatched up by then.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2022, 03:25:28 pm »

We have requested to interview Dan Quinn, current Cowboys DC.

Had a decent run in Atlanta but who could ever forget 27-3? We need a guy to help us win the big games, so hiring the coach behind the greatest Superbowl collapse in history might not be such a great idea. Defensive minded bald coach? Yeah, maybe look elsewhere.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2022, 05:57:35 pm »

I hope this is true.

https://twitter.com/ArmandoSalguero/status/1480940213216153605?s=20

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2022, 07:05:31 pm »

Dude looks like a 20 something gamer ...  hahaha. Why in the heck are they only looking at first time coaches? We've struck out 4 times already.

Because the dysfunction has returned to Miami, and nobody with HC experience wants to come be a part of this dumpster fire.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2022, 07:41:55 pm »

Aside from Pederson, who is available with prior successful HC experience? Dan Quinn doesn't count as I think we all agree his success was more due to others and the Superbowl collapse should never be forgotten.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2022, 08:26:30 pm »

Sean Peyton
Fuck that silly shit...

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2022, 09:15:11 am »

We requested to interview Vance Joseph, who is another guy who already worked for us at one point.

Not liking these interview requests so far, gotta be honest. Vance was a disaster in Denver. Quinn has been discussed already. Niners OC doesn't even call his own plays. Hard to get optimistic about any of these guys.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2022, 11:27:06 am »

Can't quite grasp why they haven't requested Pederson. He's actually had success as a head coach unlike Joseph.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2022, 11:53:25 am »

Can't quite grasp why they haven't requested Pederson. He's actually had success as a head coach unlike Joseph.

Only thing I can think of is Grier knowing it's easier to blame failure on a first time coach rather than an established one but that is a total guess on my part.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2022, 01:05:29 pm »

Only thing I can think of is Grier knowing it's easier to blame failure on a first time coach rather than an established one but that is a total guess on my part.
Or they reached out to Pederson to see if he would come for an interview and he politely said no, which is my fear.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2022, 03:20:40 pm »

I'm just going to throw this out there. I like the guy but if they hire Vance Joseph it has a lot to do with the color of his skin. Joseph was barely a coordinator when he went to Denver and did nothing while there.

I think being head coach in the NFL has more to do with who you can hire to help you and these first time coaches seem to have the least amount of connections or trust. I heard someone saying that's why ex Patriot coaches fail as head coches. They are limited on who they get to help them coach.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2022, 03:22:48 pm »

I'm just going to throw this out there. I like the guy but if they hire Vance Joseph it has a lot to do with the color of his skin. Joseph was barely a coordinator when he went to Denver and did nothing while there.

I think being head coach in the NFL has more to do with who you can hire to help you and these first time coaches seem to have the least amount of connections or trust. I heard someone saying that's why ex Patriot coaches fail as head coches. They are limited on who they get to help them coach.

I don't know if his skin color would be why they hire him but it can certainly be why they interview him due to the Rooney rule.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2022, 03:41:08 pm »

I think that is part of it.  I think other factors are BB can say eff you to soothing egos and office politics and get away with it (since 2004) because he has established himself.  Anyone else it fails.  Also I think having only one mentor limits your ability to find your own direction.  My ideal HC candidate is someone who has coached on multiple teams under multiple different HCs.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray