Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:02:46 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who Are Coaching Candidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Who Are Coaching Candidates?  (Read 7085 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2022, 12:52:47 pm »

If I were in Harbaugh's position and I was interested in going back to the NFL, I would stay put until I had an offer from a team that had a bona fide great QB.  Not every coach who wants to be a head coach in the NFL can wait until that opportunity arises, but he certainly can.

But how many teams have great QBs and a coaching vacancy? Odds are, if you got a great QB then the team is winning and the coach stays.

Rumor is Cowboys would fire McCarthy if they lose today so there is one such instance but would a guy like Harbaugh want to work for Jerry Jones?
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2022, 02:08:22 pm »

Second, from the Ross side: it seems like Ross truly does care more about Michigan than the Dolphins.  But even if he does truly care about them equally, it's counterproductive to take your dream coach from one of your beloved teams and move him to the other, because now you have to backfill Harbaugh at Michigan.  It simply doesn't make sense.

Nevertheless, it's food for thought.

I don't know who needs to hear this, but Michigna football sucks.  End of story

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2022, 12:56:31 pm »

Ralph Vacciano says that Flores and Brian Daboll are frontrunners for the Giants gig. However, Miami is flying out to Buffalo to interview Daboll. Between the Texans or Giants, Flores really can't win but I would rather go to the Texans if I get to keep Watson.

Daboll is definitely not my preferred choice, but maybe the best of the first time coordinators out there with his connections to Tua and maybe it hurts Buffalo too. Rather an OC than a DC.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2022, 01:32:12 pm »

Ralph Vacciano says that Flores and Brian Daboll are frontrunners for the Giants gig. However, Miami is flying out to Buffalo to interview Daboll. Between the Texans or Giants, Flores really can't win but I would rather go to the Texans if I get to keep Watson.

Daboll is definitely not my preferred choice, but maybe the best of the first time coordinators out there with his connections to Tua and maybe it hurts Buffalo too. Rather an OC than a DC.

Wasn't he the offensive coordinator in that disastrous 2011 season where the Dolphins finished 6-10 and ended with Sparano being fired late in the season? 

For Ross to even consider DUHboll is laughable and yet another black mark on Ross's idiotic blunders.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2022, 02:12:13 pm »

Wasn't he the offensive coordinator in that disastrous 2011 season where the Dolphins finished 6-10 and ended with Sparano being fired late in the season? 

For Ross to even consider DUHboll is laughable and yet another black mark on Ross's idiotic blunders.

Wikipedia says we went from 30th to 20th in total offense under him for that one year.

His resume is long but nothing to write home about except his recent stint in Buffalo. What it comes down to, is do we give him the credit for Allen or does Allen deserve the credit for Daboll? If we hire Daboll and Josh Allen throws for 460 yards in Week 1, we are probably in deep shit. To me, he seems like a hire you make when your first 2 guys didn't take the job, not your #1 choice. All jokes about Miami aside, we are coming off of 2 winning seasons and have good cap space. This is a pretty good job for an HC and probably the best one out there as most teams who fire their coach went 5-12 and have little talent.

We shouldn't be praying that a Brian Daboll takes our calls, he should be praying we take his. We just don't act that way.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2022, 02:19:08 pm »

What it comes down to, is do we give him the credit for Allen or does Allen deserve the credit for Daboll?
I think it's been shown that hiring an offensive coordinator as a head coach for what he has done with a QB is pretty much wishful thinking. I'd much rather get a defensive minded head coach to keep the defense doing what it's doing and hire an offensive coordinator to fix the offense. Something that Flores couldn't do.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 04:56:46 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2022, 04:32:55 pm »

I think it's been shown that hiring an offensive coordinator as a head coach for he has done with a QB is pretty much wishful thinking. I'd much rather get a defensive minded head coach to keep the defense doing what it's doing and hire an offensive coordinator to fix the offense. Something that Flores couldn't do.

Our offense needs to improve dramatically, but unless the HC is calling their own plays, then their hiring of the OC is more important than who our HC is. By far, that was Flores' greatest failing, hs inability to hbire even conventional coaches. Guy had 5 OCs in 3 years, luring Chan Gailey out of retirement and then some weird co-OC experiment. Absolute disaster. Whoever the new guy is, he better be able to get quality people to work for him.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2022, 04:58:37 pm »

I'll just leave this here and let ya'll make of it what you will. I did find it interesting.

The late great Tony Sparano on Brian Daboll

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2022, 07:08:08 pm »

I'm not impressed by our candidates. I would probably hire Pederson over all these OCs

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2022, 07:08:34 pm »

I think it's been shown that hiring an offensive coordinator as a head coach for what he has done with a QB is pretty much wishful thinking. I'd much rather get a defensive minded head coach to keep the defense doing what it's doing and hire an offensive coordinator to fix the offense. Something that Flores couldn't do.

Agree.  I don't think you should be hiring a Head Coach to essential be your QB coach.  Hire a QB coach to be a QB coach, and hire an OC to be an OC.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2022, 07:31:20 pm »

Agree.  I don't think you should be hiring a Head Coach to essential be your QB coach.  Hire a QB coach to be a QB coach, and hire an OC to be an OC.

Yeah, we can't hire a coach FOR Tua. I am one of his biggest defenders of him on here and that's not how it's done. If we give him more weapons and better coverage this year and he can't be a Top 15 QB, then time to move on. We can't saddle ourselves with a HC for a QB not named Aaron Rodgers.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #71 on: January 18, 2022, 08:39:34 am »

My choices are:

Harbaugh>Mike McDaniel>Doug Pederson>Daboll>Jim Caldwell>Josh McDaniels>Todd Bowles>Eric Bieniemy>Kellen Moore
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #72 on: January 18, 2022, 01:23:09 pm »

My choices are:

Harbaugh>Mike McDaniel>Doug Pederson>Daboll>Jim Caldwell>Josh McDaniels>Todd Bowles>Eric Bieniemy>Kellen Moore
I serioulsy do no get the love for Harbaugh. He isn't a very good "coach" in my opinion and he is an arsehole who isn't liked by many of the people who he coaches for. Seems like a recipie for disaster to me.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #73 on: January 18, 2022, 01:35:56 pm »

I serioulsy do no get the love for Harbaugh. He isn't a very good "coach" in my opinion and he is an arsehole who isn't liked by many of the people who he coaches for. Seems like a recipie for disaster to me.

His track record. He was very succesful with the Niners, almost won a Superbowl with them and he is succesful at Michigan, even if they never reached the top. After countless consecutives failures with first time coordinators becoming head coaches, someone with a proven track record is very enticing. I understand his flaws and he does have a shelf life but I'll take the success that comes with it. At this point, what is really left to lose by trying something different? Let's pull a Costanza and do the opposite of what we've always done.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #74 on: January 18, 2022, 01:37:37 pm »

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/16/jim-harbaugh-intrigued-by-new-york-giants-head-coaching-vacancy/

Harbaugh compiled a record of 44-19-1 in four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, and has posted a 61-24 record since taking over at Michigan.

Oh and he took his team to a Superbowl with Kaepernick as his QB.  He was just in the final four playoff for the national championship in CFB.  You aren't being honest with yourself if you don't think he's a good coach.  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray