Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:20:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Who Are Coaching Candidates?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print
Author Topic: Who Are Coaching Candidates?  (Read 7067 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2022, 01:39:51 pm »

https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2022/01/16/jim-harbaugh-intrigued-by-new-york-giants-head-coaching-vacancy/

Harbaugh compiled a record of 44-19-1 in four seasons with the San Francisco 49ers, and has posted a 61-24 record since taking over at Michigan.

Oh and he took his team to a Superbowl with Kaepernick as his QB.  He was just in the final four playoff for the national championship in CFB.  You aren't being honest with yourself if you don't think he's a good coach.  

Harbaugh and NY media are a recipe for disaster. I can understand the intrigue as they don't have a GM either and he would probably want total control but when they start 2-5, the local papers and their puns will be gunning for him. "HAR-BUM!! PRICEY HEAD COACH JUST ANOTHER FAILURE!!"
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2022, 01:47:31 pm »

Harbaugh and NY media are a recipe for disaster. I can understand the intrigue as they don't have a GM either and he would probably want total control but when they start 2-5, the local papers and their puns will be gunning for him. "HAR-BUM!! PRICEY HEAD COACH JUST ANOTHER FAILURE!!"
Most of Michigan's games are soft. What's his record in big games where he is coaching against good coaches? His success in the NFL was a short term fluke based on his running qb and they sucked by the time he left.

At Michigan up through October.

2-13 vs. Top 10 (54-10 vs. everyone else.)

3-9 vs. OSU/MSU (35-8 vs. rest of the Big Ten)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 01:49:20 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2022, 01:59:57 pm »

I doubt he goes to NY, I was just using their source for his win loss record.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2022, 02:14:49 pm »

Most of Michigan's games are soft. What's his record in big games where he is coaching against good coaches? His success in the NFL was a short term fluke based on his running qb and they sucked by the time he left.

At Michigan up through October.

2-13 vs. Top 10 (54-10 vs. everyone else.)

3-9 vs. OSU/MSU (35-8 vs. rest of the Big Ten)

College is more about recruiting than coaching. Saban is such an amazing recruiter at this point he could take the year off and any random assistant can make them a Top 4 team. Ohio State dominates the Big 10 and the SEC dominates the rest. Michigan is a good team but until this year they weren't a perennial contender. I can't even name any of their QBs off the top of my head.

As far as the Niners go, Kaepernick sucks. So, Harbaugh almost winning a Superbowl with a gimmicky QB with a short shelf life is pretty impressive to me. I just think of all the coaching candidates available right now, he is the best one. Everyone else is either a first timer or has a bad resume like Dan Quinn. For once, we should take someone with a good track record if he is available.
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2022, 02:43:21 pm »

College is more about recruiting than coaching. Saban is such an amazing recruiter at this point he could take the year off and any random assistant can make them a Top 4 team. Ohio State dominates the Big 10 and the SEC dominates the rest. Michigan is a good team but until this year they weren't a perennial contender. I can't even name any of their QBs off the top of my head.

As far as the Niners go, Kaepernick sucks. So, Harbaugh almost winning a Superbowl with a gimmicky QB with a short shelf life is pretty impressive to me. I just think of all the coaching candidates available right now, he is the best one. Everyone else is either a first timer or has a bad resume like Dan Quinn. For once, we should take someone with a good track record if he is available.
I would argue that Pederson took a crazy QB situation, won their divisions twice, and went to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years with a super bowl win.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2022, 02:59:55 pm »

I would argue that Pederson took a crazy QB situation, won their divisions twice, and went to the playoffs 3 out of 5 years with a super bowl win.

He is my #2 choice. Daboll would be a distant 3rd for me.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2022, 03:58:17 pm »

Pederson is my number one choice but Daboll is a close second. That guy helped make Josh Allen what he is today. Do you guys remember him from his first couple of years in the league? He would miss wide open receivers all the time.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2022, 04:34:24 pm »

Pederson is my number one choice but Daboll is a close second. That guy helped make Josh Allen what he is today. Do you guys remember him from his first couple of years in the league? He would miss wide open receivers all the time.

But is he a QB whisperer or did Allen just mature while also gaining the best WR in football? Give Tua Cooper Kupp next year and we could bring back Wannstedt and it would be shocking if his numbers didn't drastically improve.

We are scheduled to interview the Niners OC tomorrow. I don't think we will be making a decision anytime soon.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2022, 05:47:34 pm »

I'm tired of first-time head coaches.

My top three are Pederson, Harbaugh, Caldwell (and I'm not super firm on that order).

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2022, 07:33:19 pm »

Yeah, we can't hire a coach FOR Tua. I am one of his biggest defenders of him on here and that's not how it's done. If we give him more weapons and better coverage this year and he can't be a Top 15 QB, then time to move on. We can't saddle ourselves with a HC for a QB not named Aaron Rodgers.

I wonder what could have been this past year had Fuller played the season up to his potential, and pringles didn't spend half the season on IR.  If those two players were healthy the majority of the year then I think the Dolphins are in the playoffs.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2022, 08:45:49 pm »

I wonder what could have been this past year had Fuller played the season up to his potential, and pringles didn't spend half the season on IR.  If those two players were healthy the majority of the year then I think the Dolphins are in the playoffs.

I think we contend for the division if Fuller had a 900 yard season and Parker was around 700 because he was healthy. I will defend the Fuller contract all day as no one's worst case scenario was "Miss 16 games with a finger injury". Parker is now our 3rd or 4th WR and should be treated as such.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2022, 09:46:03 am »

Michigan is a good team but until this year,I can't even name any of their QBs off the top of my head.

Let’s see I can name three off the top of my head…..

Brian Griese.

Chad Henne

Tom Brady. 

I am sure there are more

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2022, 09:59:20 am »

Brian Griese.

Chad Henne

Tom Brady. 

I am sure there are more

That guy that the Yankees drafted to play 3rd base.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2022, 10:30:15 am »

Brian Griese.

Chad Henne

Tom Brady. 

I am sure there are more

That guy that the Yankees drafted to play 3rd base.

That would be Drew Henson.   Here's a few others not named by Hoodie:

Jim Harbaugh

Elvis Grbac

Todd Collins

John Navarre

Denard Robinson

Wilton Speight

Cade McNamara

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #89 on: January 20, 2022, 02:56:58 pm »

Any reason Lslie Frazier isn't getting more attention? His defenses are great and he did have a winning seaosn in Minnesota despite having trash QBs every year. Not saying he should be the frontrunner but he should be higher than some of these Coordinators with no prior experience.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray